Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drowned tour is my all time fave too, confessions is close 2nd! Love both

Comment

• Confessions was such a moment. To bounce back the way she did takes real skill and talent. To go from having to do an (unofficial) greatest hits tour to such an album centric tour is the mark of a true artist.

I mean, she emerged from a giant disco ball, opened with a mashup of disco, horses and Donna Summer - it’s probably only something Madonna could ever pull off. Things get a little more on the indulgent side in the middle two sections (fine by me!) but then she rewards the audience with a half hour mini greatest hits closing section climaxing in the biggest and best party.

I love it all so much. Everything was just all polished and completely on point. The clever thing is that a disco, leotard era could easily have been sexualised by Madonna but she never went there. But she threw us a bone with the disco crucifixion
      Straight white men rule everything around me

Comment

• “Confessions” overall was among her top eras (great album, artistry, style, quality, concept, success, singles, tour, etc)

As an era, it’s probably in my Top 2, with the ROL era being my favorite Madonna era.

Top 5 eras:

1. Ray Of Light
        2. Confessions
        3. Erotica
        4. Music (It was short-lived but that Tour just made it all worth it)
        5. Bedtime Stories

Her 80s eras were immense for pop culture but IMO Madonna was still evolving and growing as an artist (for example for “True Blue” era had great singles but the “Who’s That Girl” Tour is plain horrible) and “Like A Prayer” started so strong as an era but then I feel like everything turned a bit messy after the first 2 singles.

“Something To Remember” was probably her most boring and uninteresting era (at least for me).
        Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
        Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Madonna and S!CICK recently revealed that they are doing 2 new remixes together for Vogue and Music
          "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

• Originally posted by AlphaMale View Post
            Madonna and S!CICK recently revealed that they are doing 2 new remixes together for Vogue and Music
            No they didn’t. Maybe try watching the TikTok live and/or reading interviews first?

Comment

Madonna and S!CICK recently revealed that they are doing 2 new remixes together for Vogue and Music
              Wow amazing. I would be here for some fresh updates on Vogue and Music

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post

No they didn’t. Maybe try watching the TikTok live and/or reading interviews first?
                Yes sir!

Comment

• Not only did they mentioned those remixes she also mentioned a “Rejects” Mixtape. It would be awesome to get a collection of unreleased songs. So many of the leaked songs are at least as good as the ones that made it into the albums

Comment

• A compilation of unreleased songs would be amazing. Hopefully “Revenge” sees the light.
                    Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                    Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• She also announced on TikTok that she will be performing a show for Pride ️‍ in New York City next month.

Comment

Yes sir!
                        That’s “Yes Sir, Mrs Sir, Yes Sir!”

Comment

That’s “Yes Sir, Mrs Sir, Yes Sir!”
                          "To You"

Comment

• What has Madonna been doing on Isnta Live that she is currently banned for doing so?

Keep staying controversial Maddy!

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                              What has Madonna been doing on Isnta Live that she is currently banned for doing so?

Keep staying controversial Maddy!
                              She posted her 3D scanned NFT vagina giving birth to butterflies and robot centipedes to her stories .
                              Oh, a huge tree also popped out of it at the end.
                              It was... something

Comment

• Today I found out that Hung Up spent 15 weeks at #1 in Canada, in the middle of 2005\06 the single sales were weak in the country and sales were all for the album, Confessions sold 525k there, it sold 200k more than Music.

What impresses me even more is that Canada has always surrendered to the US musical style, which makes success even more valuable.

Imagine how much bigger the album could have been had it not been for the US radio boycott.
                                Last edited by luan; Sun May 22, 2022, 03:08.

Comment

• Originally posted by luan View Post
                                  Today I found out that Hung Up spent 15 weeks at #1 in Canada, in the middle of 2005\06 the single sales were weak in the country and sales were all for the album, Confessions sold 525k there, it sold 200k more than Music.

What impresses me even more is that Canada has always surrendered to the US musical style, which makes success even more valuable.

Imagine how much bigger the album could have been had it not been for the US radio boycott.
                                  Canada loves her - I think she’s had 25 #1s there. I don’t know how their chart works or is compiled, but a #1 is a #1!

Comment

• Today is an American Life kinda day - my most favourite album in the whole world.

Album rank:

01 American Life
                                    02 Die Another Day
                                    03 Nothing Fails
                                    04 Easy Ride
                                    05 X-Static Process
                                    06 Hollywood
                                    07 Intervention
                                    08 Nobody Knows Me
                                    09 Love Profusion
                                    10 Mother and Father
                                    11 I’m So Stupid

I’m so hyped for an expanded version. I really hope the leftovers are special. Still think it was stupid not to release Nothing Fails as a real global single (with video) but never mind (it was a b-side in the UK).

Comment

• This could be my ranking. Top 3 is easy to rank, the rest a little harder.

01 Hollywood
                                      02 Love Profusion
                                      03 Nothing Fails
                                      04 Die Another Day
                                      05 Nobody Knows Me
                                      06 Mother and Father
                                      07 I’m So Stupid
                                      08 Intervention
                                      09 American Life
                                      10 X-Static Process
                                      11 Easy Ride

I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• Ok... not easy but I'm doing my rank too.

Album rank:

01 Die Another Day
                                        02 Nothing Fails
                                        03 Hollywood
                                        04 American Life
                                        05 Easy Ride
                                        06 Love Profusion
                                        07 Mother and Father
                                        08 Nobody Knows Me
                                        09 X-Static Process
                                        10 Intervention
                                        11 I’m So Stupid

Comment

• 1. Hollywood
                                          2. Love Profusion
                                          3. X-Static Process
                                          4. Nothing Fails
                                          5. Intervention
                                          6. Nobody Knows Me
                                          7. Die Another Day
                                          8. Mother And Father
                                          9. Easy Ride
                                          10. American Life
                                          11. I’m So Stupid

Comment

Today is an American Life kinda day - my most favourite album in the whole world.

Album rank:

01 American Life
                                            02 Die Another Day
                                            03 Nothing Fails
                                            04 Easy Ride
                                            05 X-Static Process
                                            06 Hollywood
                                            07 Intervention
                                            08 Nobody Knows Me
                                            09 Love Profusion
                                            10 Mother and Father
                                            11 I’m So Stupid

I’m so hyped for an expanded version. I really hope the leftovers are special. Still think it was stupid not to release Nothing Fails as a real global single (with video) but never mind (it was a b-side in the UK).
                                            Same for me.

Comment

• Too many rankings have Nobody Knows Me at the bottom half and not top 3. "I dont want no lies"

Comment

• I love American Life. It doesn’t have any bad songs imo.
                                                Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                                                  I love American Life. It doesn’t have any bad songs imo.
                                                  This is the correct answer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post
                                                    Too many rankings have Nobody Knows Me at the bottom half and not top 3. "I dont want no lies"
                                                    I didn’t want it so low and I’m surprised by my ranking, but the album version is very sparse when compared to the RIT mix.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X