Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BodyShop View Post

It was Warner's idea as well,not hers.
    But I think after all the Music struggles,she decided to not to waste her energy and time anymore, knowing they would do what they want anyway.
    Even more so cause they needed a hit to sell the album and had none lol So, obvs , they wouldn't sleep on DAD
    Or perhaps she did like “Die Another Day” so she didn’t mind it when Warner proposed that to her?
    Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
    Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• I think the difference is American Pie was a cover song recorded and released for another project. It was recorded at the very beginning of the sessions that would eventually lead to Music (she was still working with DJ Sasha when American Pie was recorded). Die Another Day however was conceived during the American Life sessions and probably always formed part of the album. For DAD she basically took the challenge of writing a song with a preconceived title and working out what that meant to her, rather than writing a song designed specifically for the Bond franchise.

To be honest Madonna had only ever included one other movie song on a studio album before and that was back in 1986. They’ve always remained separate from her albums so I can see why she would have objected to American Pie being added - but it was the right call by Warner. In fairness I’m surprised they didn’t push for I’ll Remember on Bedtime Stories - it would have worked well. But perhaps Madonna was already plotting STR by the end of 1994.
      Straight white men rule everything around me

Comment

• spiritboy Artoo BodyShop
        Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• all the money goes to the songwriter via publishing rights so M made more money from DAD than from AP

li-ving in a ma-te-rial world Material!

Comment

• Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post
            all the money goes to the songwriter via publishing rights so M made more money from DAD than from AP

li-ving in a ma-te-rial world Material!
            I don’t know, Music sold three or four times as many copies as American Life did

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post

I don’t know, Music sold three or four times as many copies as American Life did
              I was talking about the songs only tho

Comment

• and day another day had all the style of the American life album, produced and written by mirways and madonna while in Music a cover that didn't fit with anything!

Comment

• Actually I think American Pie sits very well next to Don’t Tell Me and WIFLFAG.

Comment

• In fact, I think Die Another Day has absolutely NOTHING to do with AL the album.
                    IF I were to choose between them 2 I'd go with AP on music

Comment

• Die another day still smashes tho

Comment

• Die Another Day song and video are better than all other American Life songs and videos combined
                        (Bar the uncensored American Lif video )
                        Last edited by BodyShop; Wed May 25, 2022, 20:03.

Comment

• Yeah. One important thing is that “Die Another Day” was an AL song, it was written and recorded for her AL sessions.

When the studio offered the gig for the Bond theme song she accepted the gig but didn’t really write a brand new song for the movie. She looked at the recordings and songs she had from AL at the moment and chose “Die Another Day” to arrange, re-write and adapt for the film.

For that reason alone I think she always considered DAD as a legit AL song and that’s why she never mind including it on the album.

Things were very different with “American Pie”.
                          Last edited by MrLeonix; Thu May 26, 2022, 02:08.
                          Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                          Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• I’m so proud of Madonna

https://www.billboard.com/music/musi...235077479/amp/

Comment

• Deeper and Deeper (David’s Radio Edit) [2022 Remaster]

From ‘Finally Enough Love’ is out now on Spotify

Comment

Deeper and Deeper (David’s Radio Edit) [2022 Remaster]

From ‘Finally Enough Love’ is out now on Spotify
                                perfect choice, that remix it’s just great

Comment

• Originally posted by cindycgy View Post
                                  her words

« I cannot imagine the heartache and heartbreak the parents of these 19 Children must feel.

I have children in elementary school and if they did not come home from school one day I don’t think I could survive.

How is this possible that an 18 year old boy, who is a child himself, can purchase 2 automatic Rifles on his birthday with no background check, no safety training, no questions asked?????

The shooter posted countless warnings on IG and facebook announcing his plans to shoot
                                  His grandmother and students in a school.
                                  No one noticed!! No one stopped him.
                                  How Is this possible?

The NRA refuses to change its position and legislation cannot get one bill passed that requires tougher fire arm safety laws. In spite of the fact that there have been more gun deaths in America than there are days in this year. How is this possible???

We need to Protect Our Children!!

We need to reduce firearm access to people who are at risk of harming themselves or others

We need to Insist on mandatory training for gun owners, the same way we require people to study and pass a test to get a drivers license. A car is a Potential weapon if not used properly.
                                  So Is a Gun!!! Hasn’t anyone
                                  Drawn this correlation?

If we Cant change the constitution we must Beg Law makers to pass Gun Reform NOW!!
                                  How tragic is it that we. have to beg to keep all children —
                                  All humans
                                  Safe from Gun Violence??

How is this Possible?

No more words action only. » -Madonna

Comment

• I liked the remix but it takes the magic of original for me, but still a good remix.

Comment

• Madonna says what billions are saying about US gun laws but they won’t change anything. The US is too busy trying to ban abortion. It’s all just an utter mess.

The D&D mix is pretty good but it’s rare a remix is ever better than the original version. Some come close (like extended version mixes) but I’ve never understood the point in remixes as a rule - when I go out I want to dance to the version I know!

That said, I do appreciate when they offer new tidbits that Madonna can incorporate live - just like this D&D mix.

Her best remix eras were definitely the 1980s, American Life and Confessions eras. Remixed and Revisited and Confessions Remixed are both severely underrated.

Some of my favourite remixes:

01 Celebration - Benny Benassi Remix Edit
                                      02 Hollywood - Thin White Duck Mix
                                      03 Nothing Fails - Nevins Mix
                                      04 Hung Up - Extended Vocal Remix
                                      05 American Life - Peter Rauhofer's American Anthem Part 1
                                      06 Give Me All Your Luvin’ - LMFAO mix
                                      07 True Blue - The Color Mix
                                      08 Express Yourself - Non-Stop Express Mix
                                      09 WIFLFAG - Above and Beyond
                                      10 Bedtime Story - Orbit Mix

Comment

• But I understand what she's saying but guns saved her life

Back in 1995, a psycho broke into her house and was gonna kill her, her security guard shot him in the buttocks, Madonna had to go testify in 1996, Google it
                                        If her security guard wasn't armed, what would have happened to Madonna, the guy said his plan was "to slit her throat from ear to ear"?

Guns are for protection, that being said, assault rifles should be banned outright and we do need better gun control laws

Comment

• Originally posted by Madone1983 View Post
                                          But I understand what she's saying but guns saved her life

Back in 1995, a psycho broke into her house and was gonna kill her, her security guard shot him in the buttocks, Madonna had to go testify in 1996, Google it
                                          If her security guard wasn't armed, what would have happened to Madonna, the guy said his plan was "to slit her throat from ear to ear"?

Guns are for protection, that being said, assault rifles should be banned outright and we do need better gun control laws
                                          And did you even read her whole post?

We need to Insist on mandatory training for gun owners, the same way we require people to study and pass a test to get a drivers license. A car is a Potential weapon if not used properly.

Comment

• Really happy about that D&D remix! very punchy and so crisp

Comment

• Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post
                                              Really happy about that D&D remix! very punchy and so crisp
                                              Now Warner put it on a video in YouTube as well please! Only the audo auto-generated track is not enough!

Comment

But I understand what she's saying but guns saved her life

Two posts and the second defending gun ownership?

Nope, not today.

Comment

Two posts and the second defending gun ownership?

Nope, not today.
                                                  Again does Madonna's security NOT carry guns? Of course they carry licensed firearms

My position is literally the same position that Madonna has on this subject (ban assault rifles outright, more background checks for ownership etc, better mental health resources etc)

Comment

Again does Madonna's security NOT carry guns? Of course they carry licensed firearms
                                                    You’re missing the point. Her security are highly trained and licensed personal authorized to carey guns. That’s literally their job.

What she is protesting about is that ANYONE can get a gun in America without having training, testing, license, etc

That 18 year old guy that got gun and went to kill 19 children was not a bodyguard, or security employer … he was just a random person who didn’t have any license or training or any valid reason to carry a gun. Different scenario.

Stop trolling now.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X