No announcement yet.

Madonna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David is such a little star in the making. I love their relationship and what a treat for them both to share the stage together.
    Buy Girls. Bye Boys.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
      Is anyone of you surprised when I tell you that Madonna's biggest radio hit in Germany is 'American Pie'?
      It may sound surprising but I'm not really very surprised

Knowing Germany musical taste and her chart records there it actually makes some sense (her best selling album in Germany is ROL, not True Blue or TIC).
      "American Pie" was a non-album single that is a cover of an already Hit Song (included later in "Music" album), released after ROL and before MUSIC.
      Sure there was "Beautiful Stranger" there too but (probably also among her most played radio songs in Germany as well) but that was not a cover from a big hit so the appeal could be a little more limited comparing (Europe loves good cover versions).

Not sure what are her other songs that are the most played on radio in Germany but I would guess are also from late 90's or early 2000's.

Comment

• 'The Power of Goodbye' is a radio staple as well. No. 3 is probably 'Like a Prayer'.

Comment

• A rare collectible!

Comment

• Originally posted by MadNuno View Post

Agree!

Yet Lady Gaga fans still manage to make some Tweets about how bad her and Santana were... haters gonna always hate anyway.
            Pay those Monsters no mind. Shouldn’t they be out practicing how to fly jet planes or something?
            My legacy is that I stayed on course… from the beginning to the end, because I believed in something inside of me. — Tina Turner

Comment

• Comment

• I got to say a surprising highlight on FEL for me is the Hollywood remix. I never paid any attention to the remix before but its one of my faves on the album.

Comment

• Madonna by Inteview - from yesterday!

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post
                    I got to say a surprising highlight on FEL for me is the Hollywood remix. I never paid any attention to the remix before but its one of my faves on the album.
                    Agreed. Personally I think the remixes get stronger and stronger after Music.
                    Buy Girls. Bye Boys.

Comment

• She used to have some of the best remixes by the best djs in the business during the 90s. It was the coolest thing to hear and enjoy at the clubs and party's back then. It was a total booming and sweeping experience ever.
                      Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• Originally posted by autumnwind View Post
                        She used to have some of the best remixes by the best djs in the business during the 90s. It was the coolest thing to hear and enjoy at the clubs and party's back then. It was a total booming and sweeping experience ever.
                        It really was! All kind of clubs would play Madonna remixed songs as those remixes were the best around at the time!

Comment

• I’m glad that she didn’t give me a chance to drag her to the pits cause she was great. She also looked very beautiful. I wish she wouldn’t post facetuned photos all the time. I can understand the fact that she loves trolling but she needs to show people she looks great actually. Unlike some other female artists who are fake as hell, Madonna is a true LGBT+ ally.
                          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• So do we think the Material Girl song will be released? From what I can tell Madonna appears to have written her own verses and added a chorus to the released version - which she surely wouldn’t do if it wasn’t being released?

There was a rumour Katy Perry had recorded vocals for a Material Girl remix - honestly, I think she’d suit this song perfectly.
                            Buy Girls. Bye Boys.

Comment

• Don't forget Swae Lee was involved at some point. Maybe reworked songs released in November?

Comment

• Originally posted by music126 View Post
                                Don't forget Swae Lee was involved at some point. Maybe reworked songs released in November?
                                I don’t see Warner signing off on an album so soon after the remix compilation, and Madonna recently said she was interested in releasing standalone tracks rather than albums. So I’m thinking perhaps a digital EP?

Some releases to coincide with award show performances could be fun - award season starts in August with the VMAs? Though you’d hope she’d promote FEL50 there…
                                Buy Girls. Bye Boys.

Comment

• FEL is an OK album for fans as a sort of diary through all these years but some of these remixes are tiring so I don't see general public reaching out for this record.

The performance on Pride was enjoyable except for "Material Girl". What a dreadful version!

Comment

• I still think these versions she is recording will end up being on her Album Deluxe Editions that Warner will release later on. It makes sense and ads a few streams and sales equivalents to those albums helping them get new certificaitons quicker.

"Frozen" Sickick on ROL, whatever other of her old songs she is recoridng with other artists will be on those albums as well ("Material Girl" in LAV). Probably deluxes will be 2 CD albums with 2nd CD being those new remix collaboration tracks and maybe an extra or two as well.

Imagine the "True Blue 35 anniverary" with a couple of songs with collaboration as well added to it (LIB and PDP for example).

Will she invite Lady Gaga for a new version of Express Yourself... no wait she already did one (sorry but it was too funny and couldn't help myself saying that).

Other option is that they are cooking a Collaborations Ccompilation (where some of her lost colllaborations will be as well - we all know them but among general public not many people know she collaborated with Prince or Ricky Martin) that includes a few new collaborations as well (and probably extra tracks on a 2 CD version where the other sickick remixes would go and few other we still didn't get from her other songs - she did record something with Swae Lee, we've all seen that).

Comment

• Her song with Ricky Martin is one of the worst ever. May it remain burried and forgotten

Comment

• Originally posted by BodyShop View Post
                                        Her song with Ricky Martin is one of the worst ever. May it remain burried and forgotten
                                        I actually like it a lot and had it been released would have been a monster hit on Latin markets at the time.

Comment

• Considering how big Madonna and Ricky were at the time, there’s no doubt that their duet would have been a big hit. Doesn’t make it a good song though
                                          Buy Girls. Bye Boys.

Comment

• Madonna stunts in her latest IG

Comment

I actually like it a lot and had it been released would have been a monster hit on Latin markets at the time.
                                              Not only on Latin markets. Ricky and Madonna were at their top at that time. One of my favorite songs from the Ray of Light era. Still play it regularly. Such a brilliant song. Love it.
                                              My most streamed artists: 1. Mariah 2. Madonna 3. Debbie Gibson 4. Céline Dion 5. Lara Fabian 6. Kylie 7. Whitney 8. Meghan Trainor 9. Ariana Grande 10. Tina Arena 11. Sam Smith 12. Janet Jackson

Comment

• Is W magazine still being printed? Or is it only online now?

Comment

Doubt it, anyway it's a pointless discussion now lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post
                                                    Considering how big Madonna and Ricky were at the time, there’s no doubt that their duet would have been a big hit. Doesn’t make it a good song though
                                                    Taking 2 hottest artists of the moment for a duet is not always a recipe for a guaranteed hit.
                                                    I don't mind "Be Careful" but it's surely no hit material at all.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X