Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Madonna

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
    I would've given it a 3.5


    That would be even more dumb. How would you give a compilation album that have only #01 Dance Hits such a low points and justify it?
    You would be fired in no time

    Comment


    • A great review of the pocket show from Boy Culture
      https://www.boyculture.com/boy_cultu...ough-love.html
      "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

      Comment


      • Originally posted by MadNuno View Post



        That would be even more dumb. How would you give a compilation album that have only #01 Dance Hits such a low points and justify it?
        You would be fired in no time
        Oh i thought we were talking about Hard Candy
        Cha Cha Instructor

        Comment




        • BBC 1 is playing the "Frozen" remix ????

          Something is coming over!

          Comment


          • Well

            Comment


            • Never too late
              Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

              Comment


              • She should've added Ring My Bell on the standard Hard Candy tracklist tbh. Such a waste this ended up as a bonus track only.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by breatheonme View Post
                  She should've added Ring My Bell on the standard Hard Candy tracklist tbh. Such a waste this ended up as a bonus track only.
                  No it’s pretty crap. Though I probably prefer it to Devil and Voices
                  Exsqueeze me!

                  Comment


                  • Voices is amazing but why does it sound like a 64 kbps rip?
                    Previously known as sYair

                    Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                    www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by breatheonme View Post
                      She should've added Ring My Bell on the standard Hard Candy tracklist tbh.



                      Originally posted by Artoo View Post

                      No it’s pretty crap
                      T
                      h
                      I
                      S
                      Last edited by BodyShop; Thu June 30, 2022, 01:25.

                      Comment


                      • Comment


                        • Finally Enough Love Spotify streaming party is happenning now via Renaissance app! Join here: https://ren.fm/cJVWE2hZ33R3Mcwc8

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Artoo View Post

                            No it’s pretty crap. Though I probably prefer it to Devil and Voices
                            I love "Devil" and also loved her performance in S&S! To me would have been a better single than Miles Away (and I can even imagine better dance remixes being done out of Devil as well).

                            Comment


                            • Miles Away is the strongest song on Hard Candy. How the single release was handled was criminal, but Madonna was in the middle of a tour, in the middle of a divorce and in the middle of leaving Warner all at the same time.

                              2008 was such a tough year for her and none of us even noticed until the divorce was announced - she remained a true professional throughout.
                              Exsqueeze me!

                              Comment


                              • Miles Away, Voices and Devil were stellar tracks in a hard to beat collection of really good songs. Great release time for all Aries out there that spring.

                                Hard Candy my score: 10/10

                                Give It 2 Me remains my fave to this day. What an anthem.
                                My legacy is that I stayed on course… from the beginning to the end, because I believed in something inside of me. — Tina Turner

                                Comment


                                • Totally loved the song first time I heard the demo and then heard the polished version on the album. It deserves a second listen to all those who think they hate it. The song speaks to you and while you may not like what’s it’s telling you about yourself but it’s wake up call and a reminder it’s never too late to be the best version of you. Your time is up…Therapy session over
                                   
                                  My legacy is that I stayed on course… from the beginning to the end, because I believed in something inside of me. — Tina Turner

                                  Comment


                                  • This Hard Candy era song is in my personal Top 5 from Madonna. Although I’m torn between this version or the Lela…Tute electro mix; this was a missed opportunity at a #1 around the globe. I’m not counting the US…they are very ageist there.

                                     
                                    My legacy is that I stayed on course… from the beginning to the end, because I believed in something inside of me. — Tina Turner

                                    Comment


                                    • Oh I found the other version I’m always torn with which I like more. So I’ve decided they both rock.

                                      Hard Candy and Rebel Heart demos gave us some of her best songs.

                                      But I can’t forget Celebration because that gave me another song in my personal Top 5, Broken. It totally speaks to you if you allow yourself to listen.
                                       
                                      My legacy is that I stayed on course… from the beginning to the end, because I believed in something inside of me. — Tina Turner

                                      Comment


                                      • Across The Sky is the best (leaked) unreleased song from Hard Candy. It almost made the album at one point but I believe it was pulled in favour of Miles Away.
                                        Exsqueeze me!

                                        Comment


                                        • Across the Sky was a lyrical gem and their voices vibed greatly. But Latte was robbed.

                                          i guess they choose between Dance 2Night and ATS.
                                          My legacy is that I stayed on course… from the beginning to the end, because I believed in something inside of me. — Tina Turner

                                          Comment


                                          • Zeph HC is in my top 5 as well. I mean, not the era but the album .
                                            I looooooooooove Dance 2nite and also heartbeat
                                            Last edited by BodyShop; Thu June 30, 2022, 12:27.

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by Zeph View Post
                                              But I can’t forget Celebration because that gave me another song in my personal Top 5, Broken. It totally speaks to you if you allow yourself to listen.
                                              Broken is one of my favourite Madonna songs. I cannot believe it remains unreleased (aside from a 12” mix on vinyl) when it was right there waiting to be used.

                                              I think it would have been a much stronger lead than Celebration, a hell of a lot better than Revolver and infinitely better than It’s So Cool.

                                              With the right music video and a big performance I think it would have become a big hit for her in 2009 (especially after the divorce) and become quite the Madonna anthem.
                                              Exsqueeze me!

                                              Comment


                                              • It's actually interesting to compare album x full eras.
                                                MDNA is,for me, her worst album but the era was pretty interesting and overall better than HC (which is a way better album) for ex.
                                                My favorite era overall is a toss-up between Ray Of Light and Confessions.
                                                I wish I was older to have fully experienced her 80s ones tho and make a proper judgement.

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by Artoo View Post

                                                  Broken is one of my favourite Madonna songs. I cannot believe it remains unreleased (aside from a 12” mix on vinyl) when it was right there waiting to be used.

                                                  I think it would have been a much stronger lead than Celebration, a hell of a lot better than Revolver and infinitely better than It’s So Cool.

                                                  With the right music video and a big performance I think it would have become a big hit for her in 2009 (especially after the divorce) and become quite the Madonna anthem.
                                                  Absolutely.
                                                  Celebration is ok but nothing special.
                                                  Also It's so cool should be called It's so Boring.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by Zeph View Post
                                                    Across the Sky was a lyrical gem and their voices vibed greatly. But Latte was robbed.

                                                    i guess they choose between Dance 2Night and ATS.
                                                    My long standing belief from stories at the time is that it was either Miles Away or Across The Sky. I have no idea why she released Dance 2Night if I’m honest - it’s okay in context of the album but it’s a pretty weak song in comparison to some of the unreleased songs.

                                                    I’m sure I’m the only person that thinks this, but I never believed Pale Tute was the coffee song Timbaland spoke of.

                                                    "Me and Justin did the records. [Madonna's] got a hot album. Her album is up there with Justin's album. [...] Ah, man, there's this one song, we taking it back to 'You must be my luck-eee starrrr!' ... Remember 'Ugly' by Bubba Sparxxx? I got a beat similar to that. The hook is no words. It's saying stuff named after coffee... The name of the song is 'La, La'. Pharrell did a hot one for her too called 'Candy Shop'.”
                                                    Personally I don’t think that sounds like Pale Tute at all. Pale Tute doesn’t sound anything like Lucky Star and and there isn’t a wordless hook

                                                    I’m probably wrong but I hope there’s another JT/Tim song in the vault.
                                                    Exsqueeze me!

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X