Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BodyShop View Post

That's the point, Crazy For You being
    performed after itg/pdp and before Music/holiday. It ruins an otherwise incredible flow.
    She could've performed it earlier in the show, instead of imagine (ugh I always hated her version of imagine).
    tbh, if she also moved papa dont preach to an earlier moment , it would be even more epic to end the show with A BANG : Into The Groove,Music and Holiday.
    The old girl needed a few minutes to catch her breath. She’s knackered by the time PDP finishes!
    Straight white men rule everything around me

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post

This is the thing about Madonna’s music that’s often overlooked - her songs might sound like they’re of the era they belong to, but they’re so well produced they don’t sound anywhere near as dated as other songs from the same era.

I mean, look at Kylie’s 80s output compared to Madonna’s - production wise, oranges and lemons.

Vogue is sort of a relation for me - I’ve never actually listened to the single version before. I can’t imagine buying this version, then getting the album version, then the TIC version - I mean compared to the single version, they’re both different songs

Not really... just misses the intro... and TIC version besides Q-sound is very similar to the album version.

Back in 1990 the single version was the one that was most played on the radio while MTV played the album version on the video.

Look at "Like a Prayer" single version, album version and TIC versions! Much more differences there.

Comment

I haven’t revisited this in ages - stunning. This is the remix included in FEL50, right? They should release the HD video of this to YouTube to help promote the album.
        No the remix in FEL is the one that in 1995 had a video for it playing on MTV and she sang at the Brit Awards:

Hope they upload this to her channel in HD (and also the "Secret2 remix video)

Comment

Vogue is sort of a relation for me - I’ve never actually listened to the single version before. I can’t imagine buying this version, then getting the album version, then the TIC version - I mean compared to the single version, they’re both different songs
          How old were you in 1990? They must have played the single version on UK radio back then. I first heard the single version which was on the radio all the time. Then I saw the video and was so surprised it had a different intro. And very happy when the video version was the one on the album. But besides the intro, there is nothing different. The intro of the single version gives it a more "Express Yourself" vibe.
          Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

How old were you in 1990?
            I was far too busy learning to walk in 1990 to listen to radio.

Comment

• I thought I read the single version is actually the original version. I like it better then the other versions.

Comment

I was far too busy learning to walk in 1990 to listen to radio.
                I wouldn't be born yet for 12 more years

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post
                  I thought I read the single version is actually the original version. I like it better then the other versions.
                  As far as I’m aware the single version is the same as the one submitted as a b-side (though after lyrics were changed for Disney) and Shep went back to polish it up and create an album version.

Comment

• What is the single version of Vogue? Honest question here
                    I play the celebration version as the original one?
                    S&S version is my second fave and tbh I must have listened to it as many times as the single version or whatever

Comment

What is the single version of Vogue? Honest question here
                      I play the celebration version as the original one?
                      S&S version is my second fave and tbh I must have listened to it as many times as the single version or whatever
                      Its on the maxi single on Spotify and Finally Enough Love. Its the version that was played on radio.

https://youtu.be/f7weYZUUv90

Comment

• Thanks Angeman
                        So the single version is the one with the worst intro
                        Video version is the best

Comment

Thanks Angeman
                          So the single version is the one with the worst intro
                          Video version is the best
                          It sounded very cool when it was released in 1990. I knew many people that prefered the single verison intro to the video/album version.

Comment

• See, all the versions of Vogue are confusing

I prefer TIC version, which is basically the ultimate. That spoken intro and the long strings and best building up is everything, and was AMAZING on RIT.

Comment

• Oh I just noticed the remix of GI2M is the S&S tour version

Comment

• So I’ve been listening to S&S today (full show, not the crappy CD) and I still think it’s such a strong tour. I don’t get the dislike? I think it’s aged pretty well!

It’s just a fun show - nothing more, nothing less. The new versions are fantastic: Vogue, Into The Groove, Music, La Isla Bonita… brilliant, so much energy (Hung Up is a dud though).

I saw the tour three times. I was at the opening night in Cardiff (I queued twelve hours to be at the front), Wembley Stadium (she overran and the tube station closed, stranding everyone), and then at The o2 (where she sang Dress You Up to me). It was a tough time for Madonna but honestly, I had so much fun during that tour.

Comment

• I think it’s generally loved but it isn’t at the top of peoples list? It’s a brilliant tour

Comment

Oh I just noticed the remix of GI2M is the S&S tour version
                                    I noticed that as well but wasnt sure. Glad someone else confirmed.

S&S was the first time I saw her live when I was 16. I went to the Atlantic City show and its a great arena because its really small. The show was great except she sounded like she was on helium. Everybody was the request song and I was LIVID. I wanted an actual hit or rarer song.

Comment

Everybody was the request song and I was LIVID. I wanted an actual hit or rarer song.
                                      She hasn’t performed Everybody on tour since 1993 - that’s a brilliant song to have had!

At the Wembley show fans in the golden circle got organised and took matters into their own hands - they printed and passed out signs asking for ‘Gambler’.

I wasn’t in the circle that time but after Ray of Light you just saw a sea of signs appear around the catwalk. Madonna apologised, said she didn’t remember the lyrics and sang Express Yourself instead.

Comment

She hasn’t performed Everybody on tour since 1993 - that’s a brilliant song to have had!

At the Wembley show fans in the golden circle got organised and took matters into their own hands - they printed and passed out signs asking for ‘Gambler’.

I wasn’t in the circle that time but after Ray of Light you just saw a sea of signs appear around the catwalk. Madonna apologised, said she didn’t remember the lyrics and sang Express Yourself instead.
                                        Ive thought of that over the years. Although at the time being 16 all I wanted to hear was the hits.

Comment

Ive thought of that over the years. Although at the time being 16 all I wanted to hear was the hits.
                                          I was 16 the first time I saw her - I lucked out because it was the Re-Invention Tour and it was just hit after hit. I honestly felt like I’d ‘caught up’ and my initiation into Madonna Standom had truly begun.

As much as I love Madonna being all artistic and focusing on new material, there’s nothing more thrilling than watching Madonna sing her biggest hits. It’s hard to explain but in those moments she is the most powerful woman in the world.

My favourite is when Madonna knows she’s on fire. There’s a sparkle in her eyes, she acts all ‘Queen of The Universe’ on stage, and my god, she’s a woman you wouldn’t mess with - but my god it’s just such a thrill.

She hasn’t done that in a long time but I’m sure that Madonna is still in there.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDNHAY View Post
                                            I think it’s generally loved but it isn’t at the top of peoples list? It’s a brilliant tour
                                            I don't see anything remotely brilliant on it.
                                            it's an OK show ,something we were not used to back then.
                                            is it a bad show? No. Is it good? Ermmm yeah? Good in like "ok"
                                            For me,personally, there's nothing outstanding that puts it up there with her very best ones.

Comment

• Also, it’s time Madonna brought Ray of Light back. Thirteen years is long enough. No guitar this time either please Madge.

Comment

I don't see anything remotely brilliant on it.
                                                it's an OK show ,something we were not used to back then.
                                                is it a bad show? No. Is it good? Ermmm yeah? Good in like "ok"
                                                For me,personally, there's nothing outstanding that puts it up there with her very best ones.
                                                It depends what you want from a show. Not everything has to be iconic, not everything has to be art, and not everything has to be dark. S&S is unashamedly all about having fun with fun versions of her music and is just about joy from start to finish.

Comment

• S&S is M worst tour by far !!

Comment

It depends what you want from a show. Not everything has to be iconic, not everything has to be art, and not everything has to be dark. S&S is unashamedly all about having fun with fun versions of her music and is just about joy from start to finish.
                                                    That's why I said it's ok,not bad but far from brilliant.
                                                    Since Blond Ambition, all of her tours up to S&S had a segment (or at least a performance,to say the least) that got me in awe.
                                                    And I didn't have that feeling on S&S.
                                                    I'd rank it at the bottom low ahead of only Whos that girl and Rebel Heart

Comment

Working...
                                                    X