Madonna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post

I guess but also it's a fan voted award so why or how would she have already won when she filmed that
    It may be "fan voted" but the vote is always rigged. They give these awards to whoever they want/have to give these awards to.

​​

Comment

• Originally posted by UnapologeticKenny View Post

What filming? I think I've missed this news.
      i thought she was filming in ny times square that night
      Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• So, we know for sure she didn't get that longform mtv award?
        Madonna, The Holy Queen of Music!
        http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/wor ... ing-artist

Comment

• Great thread on Madonna's history at VMAs

https://twitter.com/madonnaqueendom/...fHycx4uPR24-GA

Comment

• Originally posted by MadNuno View Post
            And after this news I doubt Madonna will dare to book a concert in Turkey... or will she?
            How do Turkey expect to ever be part of EU with acts like this?

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-b2153305.html
            I doubt we can afford her tickets anyway

I love M to death but she should stay the f away from Turkey.
            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Stereogum's "The Number Ones" column has covered M's final number 1 Hot 100 single(for now), "Music":

https://www.stereogum.com/2197651/th...e-number-ones/

Comment

• Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post
                Donna De Lory interview on Madonna, Niki Haris, remixes, & favorite Blond Ambition memories

Thanks for posting. Love it.

I can't believe Donna's first album has so little streams. It has some really great songs. Not just the one that Madonna wrote.

https://open.spotify.com/album/42Dj4...SYaT0AFmUlvXrg
                My most streamed artists: 1. Mariah 2. Madonna 3. Debbie Gibson 4. Céline Dion 5. Lara Fabian 6. Kylie 7. Whitney 8. Meghan Trainor 9. Ariana Grande 10. Tina Arena 11. Sam Smith 12. Janet Jackson

Comment

• Donna is always lovely. I enjoyed her appearance.
                  Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Madonna's FINALLY ENOUGH LOVE: 50 NUMBER ONES Dominates Charts Worldwide

Madonna’s career spanning compilation album FINALLY ENOUGH LOVE: 50 NUMBER ONES is now dominating album charts around the world following its release on August 19. The album debuts at #1 on both the Billboard Top Album Sales and Top Current Album Sales charts, and #8 on the Billboard Top 200. Madonna is now the first female artist with Top 10 albums on the Billboard 200 in each of the last five decades, adding another landmark achievement to her long list of accolades. The album also debuted at #1 on the Billboard Top Dance/Electronic Album and Vinyl Albums charts. FINALLY ENOUGH LOVE can also be found at the top of the charts in countries around the world, with Top 3 debuts in Australia (#1), Belgium (#1), Holland (#1), France (#2), Germany (#2), Italy (#3), Ireland (#2), and the UK (#3). The album also hit #1 on the iTunes albums chart in 35 countries.

FINALLY ENOUGH LOVE: 50 NUMBER ONES – available now on both streaming and physical format – was curated by Madonna in celebration of her historic milestone as the first and only recording artist to have 50 #1 hits on any single Billboard chart when she topped the Dance Club Songs chart for the 50th time.

Madonna’s meteoric rise to icon status began in the New York club scene and she has perpetually kept her finger on the pulse of dance and club culture across five decades. She has continued to collaborate with the most cutting-edge artists and DJs to reimagine her groundbreaking hits. As a result, Madonna has now achieved more remix albums on the Billboard 200 than any other artist. FINALLY ENOUGH LOVE is also the highest charting remix album in over a decade.

50 NUMBER ONES spans her entire dance club chart reign with dozens of remixes by the world’s top producers. In addition to fan favorites, the collection also includes a selection of rare remix recordings, with more than 20 being officially released for the first time or making their commercial/digital debut. The collection is now available digitally along with a 3-CD version. A limited-edition, 6-LP version on red and black vinyl sold out in pre-orders. The 16-track edition, FINALLY ENOUGH LOVE, is also now available in physical format. New album merchandise is available at Madonna’s official store. Additionally, the Madonna x Yellowpop LED neon sign collection is available exclusively at Yellowpop.com.

These new collections mark the first album releases to be part of the newly announced partnership between Madonna and Warner Music Group, which will feature an extensive series of catalog releases across her groundbreaking career.

Expect more surprises to be revealed later this year around the celebration of Madonna’s 40 years in music.

https://www.rhino.com/article/madonn...arts-worldwide

Comment

• Awww. There it is the official press release. They seem very happy about it. They got to be

Comment

• New MUSIC VIDEO FOR "Turn Up The Radio" remix!!!!

Comment

• Literally posted above lol

Such an odd promo choice

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post
                                Literally posted above lol

Such an odd promo choice
                                Oops... sorry...

I actually prefer this remix to the original version of the song
                                They probably wanted to promote something more unknown from the 2010's or something...

Comment

• Loved that Tori Amos made a little appearance here!

Comment

• Is it ‘later this year’ yet?
                                    Disco dancing with the lights down low…

Comment

• I always laugh when I hear bitter bitches say dumb shit on social media like "I've never heard a single Madonna song"

You might not have ever bought or streamed a Madonna song or album but unless you live under a rock, never leave your house or are deaf, you heard Madonna

Yesterday alone I heard Madonna three different times, at Target, at my gym and then at Burger King, I live in the US and except for the days I don't leave my house, I hear her at least ONCE a day when going to stores, supermarkets, gym, the mall, department stores, restaurants even 7 Elevens, even if you hate her she gets played everywhere

It just speaks of some desperate dude living in his parents basement, "Oh look at me, I'm so cool and hip, I've never heard a Madonna song". But it backfires because it makes the person saying it look like a fool, its like bro, do you ever leave the house? Because it's downright impossible not to hear Madonna while out and about

Comment

• Originally posted by Madone1983 View Post
                                        I always laugh when I hear bitter bitches say dumb shit on social media like "I've never heard a single Madonna song"

You might not have ever bought or streamed a Madonna song or album but unless you live under a rock, never leave your house or are deaf, you heard Madonna

Yesterday alone I heard Madonna three different times, at Target, at my gym and then at Burger King, I live in the US and except for the days I don't leave my house, I hear her at least ONCE a day when going to stores, supermarkets, gym, the mall, department stores, restaurants even 7 Elevens, even if you hate her she gets played everywhere

It just speaks of some desperate dude living in his parents basement, "Oh look at me, I'm so cool and hip, I've never heard a Madonna song". But it backfires because it makes the person saying it look like a fool, its like bro, do you ever leave the house? Because it's downright impossible not to hear Madonna while out and about
                                        Lighten up a little, it’s entirely possible.

Firstly, you only know a song is by a certain artist if you’re aware of that artist’s catalogue. Second, you have to remember music consumption has changed: loads of kids don’t listen to radio, music video channels are dead and most don’t follow the charts.

Madonna hasn’t had a song at the top end of a streaming chart… ever. So it’s very possible for people to claim they’ve never (consciously) heard a Madonna song. It’s worth remembering that when Frozen Remix first went viral Madonna wasn’t actually credited on the song.

When I became a fan I hadn’t heard of Madonna. I was a kid - she wasn’t on my radar, and the only reason I became a fan was because I was gifted GHV2 for Christmas. My parents weren’t fans so I didn’t grow up listening to Madonna.

I remember being in my early twenties and dancing away in a club up on a stage to a song, and making a note to look it up later. I later found out it was 1999 by Prince, and that was my introduction to Prince.

So you can’t hold not knowing what a person doesn’t know against them. You also probably shouldn’t spent time looking at such comments on Twitter either if it’s going to upset you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post

Firstly, you only know a song is by a certain artist if you’re aware of that artist’s catalogue. Second, you have to remember music consumption has changed: loads of kids don’t listen to radio, music video channels are dead and most don’t follow the charts.

Madonna hasn’t had a song at the top end of a streaming chart… ever. So it’s very possible for people to claim they’ve never (consciously) heard a Madonna song. It’s worth remembering that when Frozen Remix first went viral Madonna wasn’t actually credited on the song.

When I became a fan I hadn’t heard of Madonna. I was a kid - she wasn’t on my radar, and the only reason I became a fan was because I was gifted GHV2 for Christmas. My parents weren’t fans so I didn’t grow up listening to Madonna.

I remember being in my early twenties and dancing away in a club up on a stage to a song, and making a note to look it up later. I later found out it was 1999 by Prince, and that was my introduction to Prince.

So you can’t hold not knowing what a person doesn’t know against them. You also probably shouldn’t spent time looking at such comments on Twitter either if it’s going to upset you.
                                          Again he could have said "I never consciously heard a Madonna song", this guy is from the US too, I hear her all the time without streaming her just in everyday life, Prince said Warner's always made sure that Madonna gets played everywhere, in every supermarket and store etc and he was right
                                          I mean is you watch Stranger Things, you've heard Madonna

Comment

I mean is you watch Stranger Things, you've heard Madonna
                                            You only hear Madonna if you know it’s Madonna. That’s the point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post

Yes and I purposely didn't mention radio or streaming, which I can understand, what I'm saying is its basically IMPOSSIBLE not to hear a Madonna song when out and about in the US if you're a 28 year old man like this guy
                                              ​​​​​​Downright IMPOSSIBLE, I could wake up tomorrow hate Madonna and throw all her music away and stop streaming her , and I would still hear her regularly, I heard her 3 times with 3 different songs at 3 different places yesterday for instance

Her music, dance pop feel good and ballads, is exactly the type of music that has mass appeal and will be played at supermarkets, restaurants, gyms, department stores, weddings, night clubs, block parties, family reunions etc

Comment

• So I’m hoping for an Everybody reissue on 6th October and for Madonna to announce Erotica for pre-order on 20th, for possibly a January release? If it’s time right it could possibly go to #1 in January - sales will be dead.

Comment

Again he could have said "I never consciously heard a Madonna song", this guy is from the US too, I hear her all the time without streaming her just in everyday life
                                                  Agreed. When Whitney Houston died I was teaching grade 6 (12 year olds) and they said they had never heard a song by her. And I said: "You think you have never heard a Whitney song, but I am gonna prove you wrong." So I played them snippets of her biggest hits and asked them to stand up when they knew the song. They were surprised how often they stood up. The same would have happened if I had played them Madonna songs.
                                                  My most streamed artists: 1. Mariah 2. Madonna 3. Debbie Gibson 4. Céline Dion 5. Lara Fabian 6. Kylie 7. Whitney 8. Meghan Trainor 9. Ariana Grande 10. Tina Arena 11. Sam Smith 12. Janet Jackson

Comment

I always laugh when I hear bitter bitches say dumb shit on social media like "I've never heard a single Madonna song"

Exactly. I Think Haters do their usual dumb shi,t. They never learn. Never change since forever. They just need to go away

Comment

Working...
                                                    X