No announcement yet.

Madonna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry, I didn't have a link and I don't know how to make spoilers. I posted it the only way I knew because i think it makes an interesting read to how she makes songs, instead of those fluffy interviews we're used to.
    "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

• Originally posted by AlphaMale View Post
      Sorry, I didn't have a link and I don't know how to make spoilers. I posted it the only way I knew because i think it makes an interesting read to how she makes songs, instead of those fluffy interviews we're used to.
      What fluffy interviews? I’d love a fluffy interview, but she refuses to do any kind of interview these days! Also, I think it’s only fair you listen to BDay Song once per interview section posted. So that’s 15 streams you owe, MadNuno will be pleased
      Buy Girls. Bye Boys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post

What fluffy interviews? I’d love a fluffy interview, but she refuses to do any kind of interview these days! Also, I think it’s only fair you listen to BDay Song once per interview section posted. So that’s 15 streams you owe, MadNuno will be pleased
        WHAT???? please ban me instead ​​​​
        "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

• I love you thrill me. She mashed it up with Erotica on Confessions Tour because it was the original version. I loved the performance too. The choreography was on point and it was sensual.
          Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• Originally posted by autumnwind View Post
            I love you thrill me. She mashed it up with Erotica on Confessions Tour because it was the original version. I loved the performance too. The choreography was on point and it was sensual.
            I don’t know if I’m misunderstanding, but no, CT version of Erotica is not the original version.

Erotica was originally ‘Love Hurts’, which has a completely different chorus. Madonna then wrote the ‘You Thrill Me’ version, replacing the chorus. But both versions used the spoken verses. Madonna then re-worked it again and Erotica was created, before being re-worked into Erotic (it’s possible I’ve got these two the wrong way around).

This is the final demo from the Rain Tapes of the ‘You Thrill Me’ version:

Buy Girls. Bye Boys.

Comment

• For completeness, this ‘Love Hurts’ and it’s my favourite version of Erotica - I love how she sings the chorus:

I’d love to know more about the development of Erotica though. It’s clear she had two different sets of lyrics, with ‘You Thrill Me’ becoming ‘Erotica’, and ‘Love Hurts’ becoming ‘Erotic’.

It makes me wonder which other Madonna songs might have originally had different choruses, and whether we might ever get to hear some of them.
              Buy Girls. Bye Boys.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlphaMale View Post

WHAT???? please ban me instead ​​​​
                15 streams is not much... you just need to play 35 seconds of the song for it to count, not the whole song... the part you like the most... or detest the less
                Not consecutive... please listen to at least 2 or 3 songs before returning or it won't count

Comment

• Madonna, The Holy Queen of Music!
                  http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/wor ... ing-artist

Comment

• The early 90s is probably the peak of Madonna’s beauty.
                    Buy Girls. Bye Boys.

Comment

• Vote for Madonna
                      https://pitchfork.com/news/vote-now-...ums-and-songs/
                      Madonna, The Holy Queen of Music!

Comment

• Madonna, The Holy Queen of Music!

Comment

• Originally posted by floridagrl View Post
                          This is such a BULLSHIT!

They miss lots of albums and songs from lot's of artists... and even from Madonna only have 3 albums and 7 songs.... (not even This Used To Be My Playground, I'll Remember or Secret are there and they were TOP 3 in US).

When you start writting they give you suggestions on the spot (they only have Alanis first album and not even 1 Michael Jackson album is there?
                          Could this be more buyest? Of course I wrote most of my answers manually and among my 20 MOST favorite songs ALL ARE MADONNA SONGS (including also on the albums Kylie Minogue, Robbie Williams, The Prodigy... all names they didn't even had there...).

Comment

• Originally posted by MadNuno View Post

This is such a BULLSHIT!
                            I know. I voted for the options they gave. They'll make sure she doesn't win anyway.

Comment

• BodyShop What happened to you? Are you taking a break from Madonna?

Comment

• Originally posted by floridagrl View Post

I know. I voted for the options they gave. They'll make sure she doesn't win anyway.
                                I manually put ALL her 90's albums and the albums I love that were not there and only voted for MADONNA SONGS on my TOP 20 too.

Comment

This is such a BULLSHIT!

They miss lots of albums and songs from lot's of artists... and even from Madonna only have 3 albums and 7 songs.... (not even This Used To Be My Playground, I'll Remember or Secret are there and they were TOP 3 in US).

When you start writting they give you suggestions on the spot (they only have Alanis first album and not even 1 Michael Jackson album is there?
                                  Could this be more buyest? Of course I wrote most of my answers manually and among my 20 MOST favorite songs ALL ARE MADONNA SONGS (including also on the albums Kylie Minogue, Robbie Williams, The Prodigy... all names they didn't even had there...).
                                  Pitchfork itself is so overated and a bullish.it. they have no credibility. Very political on reviews. I don't buy them. I care the least
                                  Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• She's been having a disco ball for her son bday. It's one of the best looks in recent years. Love it. She looks absolutely stunning. Disco rules.

Comment

• Pitchfork? People! We are in 2022.

When Pitchfork had credibility?

Comment

I manually put ALL her 90's albums and the albums I love that were not there and only voted for MADONNA SONGS on my TOP 20 too.

Haha. I knew you'd be on top of it. Fun!

Comment

• Comment

• Come on Madonna, do something

Finally Enough Love, Erotica PD, Everybody 40 and the odd random remix is all very well, but we are long overdue something brand new.

As much as I’m longing to see what the re-issue albums look like, I want something new. I can’t believe Madonna isn’t desperate to do something new either. I’m sure the only reason we haven’t got a new album is because she doesn’t want to commit to the two year cycle of making and touring one whilst trying to get the biopic made.
                                            Buy Girls. Bye Boys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post
                                              Come on Madonna, do something

Finally Enough Love, Erotica PD, Everybody 40 and the odd random remix is all very well, but we are long overdue something brand new.

As much as I’m longing to see what the re-issue albums look like, I want something new. I can’t believe Madonna isn’t desperate to do something new either. I’m sure the only reason we haven’t got a new album is because she doesn’t want to commit to the two year cycle of making and touring one whilst trying to get the biopic made.
                                              I think she is half retired. No new music. No tour. But remixes and re-released old works. I'm kinda sad. She's not caring either. Good old days we had so much

Comment

• I don’t think she’s semi-retired, I just think she’s working hard on getting her movie where it needs to be in order to get made. I doubt she’s just sat at home waiting for something to happen with it, she’ll be actively working on getting it made.
                                                Buy Girls. Bye Boys.

Comment

• Where do you get the impression?? she just hangs out and parties all day. Shes not working. No news on the movie whatsoever.

Comment

• Originally posted by autumnwind View Post
                                                    Where do you get the impression?? she just hangs out and parties all day. Shes not working. No news on the movie whatsoever.
                                                    Just because she isn’t posting updates on her every waking moment, doesn’t mean she isn’t working. Madonna has always worked. She rarely, if ever, takes time off. She is always working on something and not everything is for public consumption.

For example, she held boot camps for various actresses to audition for her, but we didn’t see any of that on Instagram (she might have made reference in one post). It doesn’t mean it didn’t happen or that the movie isn’t moving forward.

If you really think she’s the kind to ever just hang out and party all day, you really don’t know her at all.
                                                    Buy Girls. Bye Boys.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X