Madonna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cindycgy View Post
    Let’s face it. She doesn’t have many fans left and certainly is not the hottest ticket in town, far from it in fact.
    Her last arena tour sold over a million tickets and MXT was the most critically acclaimed of her career.

Young people nowadays are not interested in her or don’t even know who she is. I still remember she couldn’t sell out the theatre MadameX tour and her people had to give out tickets for free to fill out the seats.
    Young people are not Madonna’s primarily audience. They haven’t been since RIT, when Madonna started charging £150 to see her live. Hardly pocket money!

Live Nation played the dynamic pricing game with MXT and there were wins and losses. The tour was also arranged ‘last minute’ (in that Madonna didn’t tell them she intended to tour until 2019). It’s worth noting that pre-pandemic a lot of shows for a lot of artists weren’t instant sell outs, but the pandemic has perhaps altered that, as people miss going to see acts live.

Furthermore, there will be an intense competition in 2023 when all the hottest hit girls like Beyoncé, Taylor Swift, and Rihanna also tour. She may be able to fill arenas in developing countries like South America, Eastern Europe or some Asian countries but I highly doubt she will be able to do it in North America, especially the US and Western Europe.
    Madonna doesn’t share an audience with Beyoncé, Taylor and Rihanna. Madonna’s career is literally older than all three of them. Madonna wants high earners that can afford her prices - her target audiences are over the age of thirty, with the vast majority mostly forty and above.

Additionally, Madonna hasn’t announced a world tour since 2015. Live Nation are very good at mapping her tours, skipping markets and leaving bigger gaps to help build up demand on subsequent tours. Aside from the US, UK and France, no market is guaranteed.

I do think Madonna might drop her prices due to the state of the world, but absolutely no one is expecting a surge in demand like Taylor had last week.

The thing is, not selling out does not mean a show is a flop either. Plenty of acts don’t sell out 100% but still play to decent size audience.
    I have a bad feeling about this.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlphaMale View Post
      Remember that we, the Olds on our 40's and 50's, have the money to pay big bucks to see her, anywhere in the world. We don't have to ask mom and dad for money.
      Also, she's already done a ton o stadiums, broke every record, now it's time for arenas because, once again we the old fans, love to be comfortable.
      Less of the ‘we’ thank you very much

Comment

• People always underestimate and downgrade her and her ability. Always. Even her so called fans. They never learn from the past. The queen prevails.
        Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• Originally posted by autumnwind View Post
          People always underestimate and downgrade her and her ability. Always. Even her so called fans. They never learn from the past. The queen prevails.
          She does, but she has damaged her career since leaving Warner. There’s no way of around that - but I personally think the damage was with MDNA and MDNA Tour. A lot of the casuals just lost interest after that.

I know some people disagree with me on that, but those that do are the ones making the most noise now about the damage she’s doing to her brand

As long as Madonna communicates the correct start time at the point of sale, all will be well.

Comment

• During the sex chaos she prevailed with her girile show. During the American life backlash she survived with the reinvention tour. She always wins with tours.
            it's no different again. With a great show and production, no worry for her. She will always prevail with her tours. Since the 80s its been that way.
            She is the queen of stage. She will be coming up with a great show. Then fine
            Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• MNation source says that dates for UK/EU will be announced in early Dec, and apparently, she is only playing London.

Comment

• Originally posted by LIVING4LOVE View Post
                MNation source says that dates for UK/EU will be announced in early Dec, and apparently, she is only playing London.
                Didnt Mnation say the announcement comes out today?

Comment

• Originally posted by browlowkid View Post

Didnt Mnation say the announcement comes out today?
                  That was from MTribe...

Comment

• We’ll see what happens. But all indications are pointing to a tour announcement before the end of the year - I’m so ready for a new era. I just hope Madge gifts us some new music sooner rather than later too. But I think we’re getting something next year

Comment

• So if it is a greatest hits tour, which hits do we want?

I think we could get:

01 Holiday
                      02 Like a Virgin
                      03 Material Girl
                      04 Crazy For You
                      05 Into The Groove
                      06 Papa Don’t Preach
                      07 La Isla Bonita
                      08 Like a Prayer
                      09 Express Yourself
                      10 Vogue
                      11 Deeper and Deeper
                      12 Take a Bow
                      13 Frozen
                      14 Ray of Light
                      15 Music
                      16 Die Another Day
                      17 Hung Up
                      18 Miles Away
                      19 Girl Gone Wild
                      20 Ghosttown
                      21 I Don’t Search I Find
                      22 New Single

I’d prefer to see Madonna perform the lead single from every album, but I don’t think that’s likely considering how many lead singles have had featured artists in recent years. But I think one song from each album wouldn’t be too much of an ask, and the above is the most likely scenario. I could see her dropping Material Girl and swapping either Crazy For You or Papa Don’t Preach for Live To Tell. But I demand we get Take a Bow over Human Nature

Hung Up to start and Vogue with a Like a Prayer encore to finish please.

I would be very, very happy if she included one of the below from my wish list too:

Everybody
                      Justify My Love
                      Rescue Me
                      Bad Girl
                      I’ll Remember
                      Secret
                      You’ll See
                      Nothing Really Matters
                      Hollywood

I know a lot of acts do them, but I hope she avoids medleys - Madonna has rarely done them and I don’t really like them.

Comment

• I feel like she could divide the show in 4 segments: 80's 90's 00's and 10's. I would really love that

Comment

• #JusticeforRescueMe

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post
                            She does, but she has damaged her career since leaving Warner. There’s no way of around that - but I personally think the damage was with MDNA and MDNA Tour. A lot of the casuals just lost interest after that.
                            I agree. Especially with that "She's Not Me/Express Yourself/Born This Way" segment.
                            The album was not good enough, full of recycled EDM songs and repetitive clichés (from GGW to the Solveig-Hello carbon copy TUTR), we had to wait four years and she chose GMAYL as a lead single (I still remember the shock when it was first played at the club. "It's only a demo, only a demo, only a demo!!!"). In the meantime Gaga filled the gap and won a new generation of pop music lovers.
                            And instead of accepting that and releasing something different she fueled the stan wars.
                            When she tried to recover with Rebel Heart the leakage and the Brit Awards incident happened. Haters were ready to call her "old" and "over".
                            Last edited by Shadowplay; Mon November 28, 2022, 12:45.
                            "Despair, regret, and tenderness is what I feel for you"

Comment

• If we dont get Crazy For You or Into the Groove I will RIOT

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post
                                If we dont get Crazy For You or Into the Groove I will RIOT

I think ITG is pretty much guaranteed, but CFY could go either way. It was such a wonderful moment on RIT and she hasn’t performed it almost twenty years (outside of a S&S request and during RHT on a random date) so it’s definite due a revival. I think my ‘riot’ moment is going to be Take a Bow. I like Madonna bringing one song back from obscurity and giving fans that attend every tour something she hasn’t performed in decades. Well, Take a Bow was never performed on tour (aside from a random date on RHT) and as a huge #1 for her, it’s time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadowplay View Post

I agree. Especially with that "She's Not Me/Express Yourself/Born This Way" segment.
                                  The album was not good enough, full of recycled EDM songs and repetitive clichés (from GGW to the Solveig-Hello carbon copy TUTR), we had to wait four years and she chose GMAYL as a lead single (I still remember the shock when it was first played at the club. "It's only a demo, only a demo, only a demo!!!"). In the meantime Gaga filled the gap and won a new generation of pop music lovers.
                                  And instead of accepting that and releasing something different she fueled the stan wars.
                                  When she tried to recover with Rebel Heart the leakage and the Brit Awards incident happened. Haters were ready to call her "old" and "over".
                                  The thing is Madonna was entitled to deliver a subpar album at some point in her career. I actually really enjoy listening to it and find enough in there to appreciate, and I can live with the low moments some fans can’t seem to tolerate. It isn’t strong but it isn’t necessarily weak either - it just lacks an obvious hit single. The real problem for me was how disinterested Madonna was in the whole album - refusing to promote it was not a good look.

The real problem was MDNA Tour - it was just too cold and dark, and nowhere near as fun as it should have been. The show doesn’t have a real ending and builds to nothing. It was very ‘Madonna by numbers’ and it just came at the wrong time in her career. I’d call it pedestrian - there is no way Madonna could have ever said that it was the best show of her career, whereas had she said that about any of the previous shows, there was a legitimate argument for having that opinion (whether we agree or not). The problem is, if it’s not your best and you’re not trying your best, why bother?

Rhats how I felt about it. I actually love listening to the live album because musically there’s a lot to enjoy, but it’s a totally different experience listening at home than being there in person.

Comment

• Madonna, The Holy Queen of Music!
                                    http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/wor ... ing-artist

Comment

• Artoo ...

I would add:

Dress You Up
                                      Causing A Commotion
                                      Who's That Girl
                                      Madonna, The Holy Queen of Music!

Comment

• Originally posted by floridagrl View Post
                                        Artoo ...

I would add:

Dress You Up
                                        Causing A Commotion
                                        Who's That Girl
                                        In place of what? The old girl can only do 22 songs max

I don’t think she’ll ever perform WTG or CAC ever again. I’m very pleased she performed WTG on RHT but it was nothing special, and the crowd reaction was pretty muted - especially compared to True Blue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post

In place of what? The old girl can only do 22 songs max

I don’t think she’ll ever perform WTG or CAC ever again. I’m very pleased she performed WTG on RHT but it was nothing special, and the crowd reaction was pretty muted - especially compared to True Blue.
                                          In place of nothing. She can add them. I do not know why she doesn't like them. I enjoyed them during the wtg Tour. I love the movie, too. She and griffin Dunne were so damn funny. Do they remind her of the flop?

Comment

• maybe she could do a collab with the Guardians of the Galaxy thing and release a "Get into the Groot /Into the Groot" song

Comment

• ^ HaHa!! You made me spit out my coffee!!

Comment

• I wonder what the new tour could do at the box office. She’s around $510m away from being a multi-billion dollar touring act. Im not expecting her to do that, but she should put a decent tint in it and she should end her career eventually across the $2B mark.

Comment

• Originally posted by LIVING4LOVE View Post
                                                  MNation source says that dates for UK/EU will be announced in early Dec, and apparently, she is only playing London.
                                                  Oh. That's not an actual tour. It's a residency. I think she wouldn't do that only in London which is designed to be a residential show.

Comment

• Anyway Monday is past here. No announcement. Is the December thing true? Seems it's only made rumors between fans.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X