Madonna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is cynical but it’s also true

Madonna isn’t interested in being a pop star. She isn’t a pop star like Kylie Minogue, releasing a fun new album every two years, and she isn’t a musician like Prince who just didn’t know how to stop making music.

Madonna has never made an album for the love of music and never will. A Madonna album is a multimedia experience with ideas and messages at every turn. She cannot help herself, and that is also why we don’t get regular new music.
    I have a bad feeling about this.

Comment

• You know some comments are not facts, they are opinions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shego View Post

I disagree, she's probably the only artist i know that constantly wanted to discover new types of music and new inspirations for her music with every album, instead of doing quickly a new uninspired record. Even the producers she worked with in few albums were chosen because she knew their skills and how good they're. She likes listening to music, making music, and is educated a lot about the singers she's listening, like Nina Simone or Elvis Presley. After 2012 she got lazy only.
        There is a difference between loving music and making music. We all love music here and are very knowledgeable, but it doesn’t mean we feel compelled to create music.

Madonna has been open about how she doesn’t like to repeat herself. She says it’s because she doesn’t want to get bored doing the same thing over and over, but Madonna also grew up listening to Motown and was a teenager during the disco era - she saw first hand that if you didn’t mix it up you got left behind.

As I said (even though you disagree), Madonna likes making music but I think she enjoys the creative process more than the actual music itself. I don’t think she particularly likes her own music, though she can appreciate it. Put it this way, it’s obvious which songs she actually does like

Plus Madonna has shown she hasn’t got a clue sometimes - like wanting to release Candy Shop as lead single, or thinking Falling Free would have made a good single, whilst criticising songs like Sorry

Theres also the fact Madonna has never been able to fully shake off the idea of making commercial music. I don’t think working with modern producers makes her desperate or that making commercial music is a sign of desperately wanting a hit, but it definitely plays into the idea that she sees music as a commodity.

She rarely allows herself to make music for the love of the music itself. There’s nothing stopping her making an album full of songs like Falling Free if that’s what she enjoys.

Comment

• This is a forum. Every comment is an opinion. Its implied

Comment

• Originally posted by Forreal View Post
            She reposted the Bloody Mary-Hung up mush up.

What about to finally embrace BTUTTB??
            OMG this is an obsession.
            Who cares about that demo?
            The Rebel Heart leakage was a shock for her, still she could have released "RH - The Demo album" on the 1st of January 2015 on streaming/digital platforms and the finished, polished album in April in shops. She didn't, because she felt she had been robbed ("raped", she said).
            Why should she release one of those demos now, only because its unofficial, uncredited version is selling 50, 60, even 100 equivalent units a day?
            Avicii passed and she (rightfully) did not 'promote' any of his scrapped demos made for Rebel Heart, they could have been easily viral hits. Now we all see Kate Bush and Bloody Mary flying up on streaming charts and many of us would love to see a Madonna song receiving a similar treatment.
            I hope the TikTok guys will discover Gambler, which is kinda new, and as unreleased on streaming as Back That Up Is.
            In the meantime I am enjoying all the stuff she's been physically releasing recently, from FEL to the Erotica picture disc, from Everybody 40 to the WTG/Causing a Commotion combo. I would have never thought she could release them only one year ago.
            Last edited by Shadowplay; Thu December 8, 2022, 11:20.
            "Despair, regret, and tenderness is what I feel for you"

Comment

• She’s reposting videos with BTU(DI) on Instagram now

Comment

• Finally acknowledging the existence of back that up. Lol
                she's weeks behind.
                Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• Just listening to the BBB remixes and I love the House Mix.

Comment

• Another 80s release happened yesterday. The 1985 The Virgin Tour Radio Broadcast Recording playlist was uploaded onto Madonna's official You Tube Channel.
                    "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

• Originally posted by AlphaMale View Post
                      Another 80s release happened yesterday. The 1985 The Virgin Tour Radio Broadcast Recording playlist was uploaded onto Madonna's official You Tube Channel.
                      That’ll be one of those automatic allocation things. It’ll get taken down eventually I guess.

Comment

• Can we please have the HD Gambler and CFY videos now please?

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post
                          Just listening to the BBB remixes and I love the House Mix.
                          The house mix is my favorite. I may like it better then the album version. Although it seems all the remixes on the album are different versions of the same remix. Either the dance remix or the hip hop remix

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post

The house mix is my favorite. I may like it better than the album version. Although it seems all the remixes on the album are different versions of the same remix. Either the dance remix or the hip hop remix
                            They are

The House Mix is more dance-y than the others and offers something better than the album version does, in the same way Edit One does for Fever.

Comment

• Madonna, The Holy Queen of Music!
                              http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/wor ... ing-artist

Comment

• ^^ A QUOTE FROM THE ARTICLE ABOVE:

So why now for this long-awaited debut? “It was Madonna’s personal request,” according to a representative at Rhino. It’s the latest release in the ongoing catalog campaign announced in 2021. While “Gambler” is the final Madonna reissue from Rhino/Warner in 2022, Rhino promises “more fun things to look forward to in 2023” and that “Gambler” is “just a small glimpse of what fans can expect” next year.

___

Oh gosh I love Gambler so MUCH! On repeat here
                                Last edited by UnapologeticKenny; Fri December 9, 2022, 13:20.

Comment

• Oh I wonder if that means she’s performing it on tour?

I would die

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadowplay View Post

OMG this is an obsession.
                                    Who cares about that demo?.
                                    Check Instagram: Madonna herself. LOL

Comment

• Might as well use my 30k post to reiterate my ongoing demands for a new Madonna album

Comment

• Of note, while there is an official music video for “Gambler,” it will not receive a remastered digital HD upgrade (as some of her videos have garnered in the past). And there are no current plans to issue “Gambler” on physical single formats – such as a 12” vinyl single.

Comment

• Gambler being included in a new tour it would be a dream come true: finger crossed!!

And I know they were just rumors and nothing official , but I just can’t wait for the new tour announcement.

Comment

• Originally posted by music126 View Post
                                            Of note, while there is an official music video for “Gambler,” it will not receive a remastered digital HD upgrade (as some of her videos have garnered in the past). And there are no current plans to issue “Gambler” on physical single formats – such as a 12” vinyl single.
                                            The Gambler video probably cannot be upscaled due to movie copyright, and they specifically mention a single format which doesn’t exclude being included on LAV40.

Comment

• Gambler is so much fun. Love the energy. She's so right.
                                              Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• Some people said this version is remastered and sped up slightly but I dont see a difference

Comment

• I honestly don’t know why she’s ignored it for 40 years (more or less).

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post
                                                    Some people said this version is remastered and sped up slightly but I dont see a difference
                                                    It’s three seconds shorter than the LP version. It can’t be that sped up

Comment

Working...
                                                    X