X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a mix of ray of light and confessions would be good

Comment

Originally posted by Silmarillion

Who gives a damn about US airplay! Clinging onto younger hot artists is what made her recent outputs seem so very un-Madonna. She *can* make it alone! And she should just say 'screw you' to US airplay and charts. Just put out a great song and a great album, Mo, and all's good.
      I think the biggest music market is extremely important for her label e for her!US Airplay is only a result of the sucess of any artist in a moment.

Comment

Of course the US is important to La Madge! Shes an American, so obviously the US chart is the one she grew up with and most likely considers 'her own', in the way that I'd consider the UK one my own and most important!

Madonna however must realize by now that she is an album artist in America now - but thats because of the way the music industry is run over there. Her first single will chart high on the chart because it's the first single and thats what they happen to do. Her 2nd single will debut in the top 50, and her third single won't chart in America.

It's how it's been for a while now. Her last 2nd single to make any impact would have been Don't Tell Me, 9 years ago! (American Life doesn't count, it was the lead single!)
        M08T10

Comment

I would like an Erotica/Ray Of Light/Confessions hybrid.

Comment

Originally posted by snwbrder757
            I would like an Erotica/Ray Of Light/Confessions hybrid.
            Probably not what you're refering too, but theres a remix of Erotica from her Confessions Tour that is the perfect hybrid of those 3 albums:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXV_0LqW7Yo

(studio version^)

If she can make an album of songs like this I'd love it: electronic sound from ROL, Dance sound from COADF and naughty lyrics from Erotica
            M08T10

Comment

A-Trak denied working with Madonna

“That quote is made up. The whole thing is phoney… but very entertaining. And who knows, could happen one day.”

from A-Trak’s twitter
              There's only one Queen
              and that's MADONNA.

Comment

Originally posted by jszmiles
                Originally posted by FadingLight
                I want a duet with Lady GaGa.
                please god no!!!
                A duet with God instead?

Comment

All the possible producer are dening to be working for Madge, now it's the turn of Brendon O brien, are these roumors real? I'm so courious to know who she is going to work with!
                  There's only one Queen
                  and that's MADONNA.

Comment

Originally posted by mister_sparky
                    Yes, this would make the perfect Madonna album!

Comment

Originally posted by irishguy28
                      Originally posted by jszmiles
                      Originally posted by FadingLight
                      I want a duet with Lady GaGa.
                      please god no!!!
                      A duet with God instead?
                      I don't think Beyoncé has time for Madonna. :(
                      But it would be a hot collabo 4sho.

Comment

I think a mix of Ray Of Light, Confessions, and Erotica would be perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by tennis1400
                          Shes still relevant.
                          Janet is not relevant. Sorry.

A Madonna/Janet duet would have been huge years ago, but now Janet's global flopping power would manage to overpower Madonna's global smashing power and the track would peak below #10 everywhere.

Not to mention M should just stay away from that mess for the music's sake.

Comment

Originally posted by Loveguru
                            Lead single has to be a duet. Madge needs a duet lead single. Infact her duets are always in point except for Give it to me :x
                            I wasn't aware "Give It 2 Me" was a duet.

And "Me Against The Menopause" was atrocious.

Comment

The whole thing about no duets is just silly. Madonna has always been about reinvention, and as long as she does that you shouldn't be complaining about whether her material consists of duets or solos because either way she's gonna bring it.

Just be glad she's still dedicated to her craft.

I've never been a huge Madonna fan, but I've always had an open mind when it comes to music. I'm gonna check out some of her previous work, and I will be sure to listen to her new material.
                              Caught In A Bad Romance

Comment

I love duets, I just hate when their bandwagony(dont think thats a word). For instance every other song right now features Akon or Lil Wayne. If you trying to make your song special, this seems counterproductive. Same thing with Justin and Timbaland a few years ago, they were everywhere. So duets are good when they are truly inspired, not when an artists is just trying to appeal to every single listener demographic.

Comment

Originally posted by mister_sparky
                                  Amazing.

Comment

HQ on MTV webpage

Hope For Haiti Now Telethon
                                    Madonna - Like A Prayer

http://www.mtv.com/videos/misc/474741/m ... live.jhtml

Comment

David Guetta in a new interview:

Tell us about the first time you went into the studio with Kelly Rowland.
                                      DG: It was magic. It was incredible. It was the first time I worked with an R&B singer. I feel like when it comes to to sound and energy, nobody can beat us, dance music producers. When it comes to singing and melodies, nobody can beat urban artists. They have soul. So it was the perfect combination. I’m now working on Kelly’s new album. I also have the new Madonna album coming up. So I’m very thankful to Kelly and Will and Akon—all those people who came to me when I was not big.
                                      http://idolator.com/5381302/david-gu...#discus_thread

i guess this makes it official

We'll see how she's working with besides him
                                      "Your actions speak louder than promises/You're inclined to make and inclined to break"

Comment

If the Guetta thing it's true, let's hope at least that he'll be working for no more than a couple of songs: I can't stand him :-?
                                        There's only one Queen
                                        and that's MADONNA.

Comment

David Guetta confirms new Madonna track.
                                          Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

Madonna?

"That's done, the single will be out very soon and it's amazing, I'm very happy," he said.
                                            “B**** come here! B**** come here! B**** come here!”

“I’m staying right here.”

Comment

What direction will she take this album????????????????????? :-?
                                              Alternative Survivor, vote here:
                                              http://www.ukmix.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=70738

Comment

Originally posted by HazelEyes
                                                Well since David Guetta is confirmed as one of the producers.. I think you can guess.
                                                Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

Originally posted by BanZai
                                                  Well since David Guetta is confirmed as one of the producers.. I think you can guess.
                                                  I hope it will be something like 'Music'. 2-3 Dance songs and then some other producer/style. I really don't like the idea of her working with Guetta
                                                  jio CHARTS NOW:13/7/2020:https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...0#post10430510

Comment

But he's overrated :evil:
                                                    What happenned to Madonna starting trends??? :-?
                                                    Alternative Survivor, vote here:
                                                    http://www.ukmix.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=70738

Comment

Madonna started trends in live performance, image, videos, and lyrics, but not the actual music itself. The Shep collaboration of 1989-1990 is most likely the only exception.

There's confusion about Guetta's involvement, but Madonna herself stated during Celebration promo it will most likely be electronic dance music, and that the music will be even better because she's happy now.

Comment

I really loved Celebration and im glad that she's working with David again
                                                        Pleasure over matter.

Comment

personally i would be sick of another dance materials, she is my No.1 music artist but she should realize her age and rather do something ala luxurious super but decent POP of course with trendy features but Celebration-ish tracks? i see no evolution, back to 2005 it was really fresh but after 5yrs again and again + Guetta? :-?
                                                          i want another revolution album, something incredible but definitely dance album won't be that....

i mean i'm currently addicted to SADE's new album, of course it's not Madonna's prime style but some album about love with her experience and some experiments would be for me personally hot product

Comment

the general consensus is ray of light crossed with confessions wud be the best move.
                                                            MJ - the originator - you will be missed. :'(

Comment

For the new album, there is NO officially any producer that has been revealed yet, only roumors!
                                                              There's only one Queen
                                                              and that's MADONNA.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X