• Show
Clear All

• AndiIversen
    replied
    I've yet to see an official announcement

Leave a comment:

• autumnwind
    replied
    Great move. So happy for her comeback to warner. It's way better than live shition.

Leave a comment:

• jjavier1978
    replied
    Originally posted by thebigham View Post
    00s:

Music 2xP
    Don't Tell Me 1xP

*Die Another Day Gold

Hung Up 2xP

4 Minutes 3xP

10s:

Give Me All Your Lovin' Gold - no change

*B.itch, I'm Madonna Gold

2 new singles
    4 updated

Totals:

Updating existing RIAA certs: 17
    New singles certified: 16

= 33 singles eligible for updated RIAA certs
    And the Albums and DVDs?

Leave a comment:

• iamwhoiam
    replied
    I do have high hopes with the return to Warner

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Originally posted by fox69 View Post
    Just so happy that she's back with Warner. A collab with Ed Sheeran or Bruno Mars or Lizzo will now be possible.
    A big NO to all of them

No collabs or autotune please.

Leave a comment:

• fox69
    replied
    Just so happy that she's back with Warner. A collab with Ed Sheeran or Bruno Mars or Lizzo will now be possible.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Originally posted by music126 View Post
    Hmmm, Madonna's recent IG post is interesting. She's describing her Blond Ambition Tour opening outfit as someone takes note. She also mentioned screenplay. Hmmm, something for us to look forward to.
    She's probably writing the script of her biopic with Oscar winner screenwriter Diablo Cody.

Leave a comment:

• iamwhoiam
    replied
    Originally posted by Zeph View Post
    Finally. I’m sure I speak for the majority of M fans and say good riddance to Interscope! Hope she is back at WB. Maybe they can actually promote her the way she deserves!
    Completely agree with ya.

Leave a comment:

• Zeph
    replied
    Finally. I’m sure I speak for the majority of M fans and say good riddance to Interscope! Hope she is back at WB. Maybe they can actually promote her the way she deserves!

Leave a comment:

• music126
    replied
    Hmmm, Madonna's recent IG post is interesting. She's describing her Blond Ambition Tour opening outfit as someone takes note. She also mentioned screenplay. Hmmm, something for us to look forward to.

Leave a comment:

• thebigham
    commented on 's reply
    I "wrote" this out...

• thebigham
    replied
    00s:

Music 2xP
    Don't Tell Me 1xP

*Die Another Day Gold

Hung Up 2xP

4 Minutes 3xP

10s:

Give Me All Your Lovin' Gold - no change

*B.itch, I'm Madonna Gold

2 new singles
    4 updated

Totals:

Updating existing RIAA certs: 17
    New singles certified: 16

= 33 singles eligible for updated RIAA certs

Leave a comment:

• thebigham
    replied
    90s:

Keep It Together Gold - no change

Vogue 3xp
    Hanky Panky Gold - no change

Justify My Love 1xp - no change
    Rescue Me Gold - no change

This Used To Be My Playground Gold - no change

Erotica 1xP
    *Deeper And Deeper Gold

I'll Remember Gold - no change

Secret 1xP
    Take A Bow 1xP

You'll See Gold - no change

You Must Love Me Gold - no change

Frozen 1xP
    Ray of Light 1xP

*Beautiful Stranger Gold

2 new singles
    6 updated

Leave a comment:

• thebigham
    replied
    ^I write this out a few months ago:

80s:

*Holiday 1xP
    Borderline 1xP
    *Lucky Star 1xP

Like A Virgin 3xP
    *Material Girl 1xP
    Crazy For You 1xP
    *Angel Gold
    *Into The Groove Gold
    *Dress You Up 1xP

*Live To Tell 1xP
    Papa Don't Preach 1xP
    True Blue 1xP
    *Open Your Heart - 1xP
    *La Isla Bonita - 2xP

*Who's That Girl 1xP
    *Causing A Commotion Gold

Like A Prayer 3xp
    Express Yourself 1xP
    *Cherish Gold

*12 new singles certified
    7 updated

Leave a comment:

• TiagoRodrigues
    replied
    Originally posted by thebigham View Post

WBR could certify about 32 singles. Whitney and Mariah's labels have been updating their catalog singles/albums.
    I once looked for her singles certifications, specially the 80's are a mess, right?
    I feel like she has a lot of Gold singles that could be Platinum, and i'm sure singles like Vogue, Like a Prayer, Hung Up, 4 Minutes, etc...joining physical sales, digital and streaming, she could actually get a huge advantage.

Do you have a detailed list of everything you think could be upgraded? If so, could you point that out for me?

Leave a comment:

• thebigham
    replied
    Originally posted by britneyliam View Post
    Will warner music group have her catalogs certification updated?
    WBR could certify about 32 singles. Whitney and Mariah's labels have been updating their catalog singles/albums.

Leave a comment:

• thebigham
    replied
    Originally posted by UnapologeticKenny View Post
    BACK IN THE GROOVE Madonna quits record label Interscope after a decade to return to Warner who kicked off superstar’s career

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...el-interscope/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...gn=sharebarweb

BACK IN THE GROOVE: Madonna quits record label Interscope after a decade to return to Warner who kicked off superstar’s career
    EXCLUSIVE
    From Simon Boyle's Bizarre Column
    7 Aug 2020, 21:30

MADONNA turns 62 next weekend and now she has another reason to celebrate.

I can reveal the queen of pop has left her label Interscope after almost a decade and is poised to sign an eight-figure deal to return to Warner Records — the label which helped her become a superstar in the first 25 years of her career.

Madonna has quit her record label Interscope after a decade

The Hung Up singer, who has sold 300million records worldwide to become the best-selling female musician of all time, signed a three-album deal in 2011 with Interscope — home to acts including the Rolling Stones and U2 — but has recently parted company with them.

It means she is in line to secure a big-money deal to ­continue releasing albums throughout her sixties, back at the label where she started her ­incredible music career.

The move follows the release in 2019 of her critically acclaimed 14th album Madame X and subsequent tour, which ended in March.

A music insider said: “Madonna is still a force to be reckoned with.

The queen of pop is set to return to Warner, the label who kicked off the superstar’s career

“The fact is, she sells records, people around the world adore her and every label would love to have her on their books.

“Now that her deal with Interscope has come to an end, she is a free agent and can choose where to go next — and Warner feels like the best place given their history.

“But Madonna comes at a hefty price. She can command big money and wants to make sure whatever deal she signs is the best thing for her and her music.”

The star is due to return to the charts on Friday as a featured artist on Dua Lipa’s new single Levitating along with Missy Elliott, both of whom are signed to Warner.

As one of the biggest and best characters in music, let’s hope she doesn’t leave it too long before she returns with more tunes of her own.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post
    lol they just uploaded this on her youtube:

Anniversary! Favorite comedy ever.

Leave a comment:

• UnapologeticKenny
    replied
    BACK IN THE GROOVE Madonna quits record label Interscope after a decade to return to Warner who kicked off superstar’s career

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...el-interscope/

Leave a comment:

• music126
    replied
    It's not like she has never given in.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    There is nothing delusional about that post tho. No one can force Madonna to do anything at this point, she won't listen. Guy Oseary (her manager) wanted her to go on stage earlier and sing more hits on MX Tour, she didn't listen. She knows she won't have commercial success again so she's doing her own thing. She's making so many mistakes though, it's sad to see that as a longtime fan.

Leave a comment:

• Hejira
    replied
    Originally posted by Angeman View Post

A record label and management company are two different things. Also there is no reason to switch because Madonna is stubborn and no manager will get her to do anything she doesnt want to do.
    LOL...a little delusional.
    At this point in her career she obviously WOULD switch and can't be stubborn...if she ever wants (and she does) commercial succes again this is the time she's gonna have to cave in.

Leave a comment:

• AndiIversen
    replied
    Freddy deMann was her best Manager for sure

Leave a comment:

• Angeman
    replied
    Originally posted by Rebel X View Post

I don't know. I'm aware of this label and management thing and I assumed that with changing the label, the management would change too, but obviously not?
    A record label and management company are two different things. Also there is no reason to switch because Madonna is stubborn and no manager will get her to do anything she doesnt want to do.

Leave a comment:

• Rebel X
    replied
    Originally posted by AlphaMale View Post

Why would she change manegment?
    I don't know. I'm aware of this label and management thing and I assumed that with changing the label, the management would change too, but obviously not?

Leave a comment:

• madfan13
    commented on 's reply
    WTF that's hilarious and random! or is it? Is this their way of telling us she is back at Warner? LOL

• AndiIversen
    replied
    lol they just uploaded this on her youtube:

Leave a comment:

• AndiIversen
    replied
    What's this talk I hear, is she back with Warner Records?

Leave a comment:

• NoAngel
    replied
    Originally posted by acrolyu View Post
    And what will happen to their three albums? go to the warner catalog?
    They might if Warner bothered to buy licensing rights for them, which I doubt. Those albums don't have potential to become decent catalogue sellers.

Leave a comment:

• iamwhoiam
    replied
    Originally posted by AlphaMale View Post

She filmed her part separately due to hectic schedules.
    Yeah, I am disappointed not to see all of them "together" in the video.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X