Leave a comment:

• britneylinda
    replied
    I love this album a lot, one of her best

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Music day today

I love the artwork for the whole era. The Cowgirl vibe was country realness and iconic, despite having absolutely nothing to do with any of the music itself.

Leave a comment:

• BodyShop
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

2019 doesn’t belong to the 00s decade though. So MX being released in 2019 won’t affect the fact that 90s >> 00s in terms of creativity.

Overall. Well, one semi creative album and era in nearly 15 years. Cool I guess. But I agree with MX we kinda got the creative side of Madonna that was missing back.

I still maintain and believe that prime Madonna magic and touch was lost after 2005 though. Her career 1983-2005 (Debut - Confessions) is just on a superior level of quality, vision, artistry and execution. It’s unparalleled.
    Well,that's not what I meant with my post at all.
    But it's ok,let's move on.

Leave a comment:

• BritneyMadonnastan
    replied

Like I said. The 2019 MX album still doesn’t play a factor in the 90s vs 00s debate.

As for my post that we lost prime Madonna after “Confessions” I still think the same.

Just because MX was a slight improvement over a streak of tragic records (HC, MDNA, RH) doesn’t mean that it was on par with the magical 1983-2005 Madonna either. That heavily autotuned, extremely badly mastered and IconicLESS MX album is not at the same level of the magical Iconic and groundbreaking Madonna we knew until 2005.
    I think Madame X and rebel heart are better than confessions tbh , confessions is her most overrated album no artistic growth , while Rebel heart is one of her best lyrically and shows vulnerable madge sides and Madame X isn’t a pop album with complex production that clears confessions

Leave a comment:

• BritneyMadonnastan
    replied
    Is the supernatural song a grunge song ?

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by BodyShop View Post

True but I think ppl mentioned MX bc you wrote this :
    Like I said. The 2019 MX album still doesn’t play a factor in the 90s vs 00s debate.

As for my post that we lost prime Madonna after “Confessions” I still think the same.

Just because MX was a slight improvement over a streak of tragic records (HC, MDNA, RH) doesn’t mean that it was on par with the magical 1983-2005 Madonna either. That heavily autotuned, extremely badly mastered and IconicLESS MX album is not at the same level of the magical Iconic and groundbreaking Madonna we knew until 2005.

Leave a comment:

• BodyShop
    replied

2019 doesn’t belong to the 00s decade though. So MX being released in 2019 won’t affect the fact that 90s >> 00s in terms of creativity.

Overall. Well, one semi creative album and era in nearly 15 years. Cool I guess. But I agree with MX we kinda got the creative side of Madonna that was missing back.

I still maintain and believe that prime Madonna magic and touch was lost after 2005 though. Her career 1983-2005 (Debut - Confessions) is just on a superior level of quality, vision, artistry and execution. It’s unparalleled.
    True but I think ppl mentioned MX bc you wrote this :

; era we kinda lost prime Madonna and her creativity forever (and that was in 2005/2006).
    First ,it was bound to happen at some point and tbh it's amazing how she managed to keep a top level career for 25 yrs.

From HC onwards my opinion on this matter is that it's a combination of many factors.

She certainly started to change her focus as she realized big money was on touring and not music.

Then, that nightmare called W.E. happened and that was the first time control freak Madonna was caught off guard. The movie consumed way more time than she thought it would and ,as a result ,she had to rush her next album due to contract obligations.
    That's how the worst album of her career was born:MDNA lol
    But still,it gave us another super great tour so ,I don't agree that her creativity was lost forever after 2006.

Then came the Rebel Heart sessions, the Avicci desease,the start over after a long time dedicated to make the new album (for the first time ever, she spent almost 2 years making a record) and ,of course ,the massive leak.
    Would it be a great album had things happened according to the initial plan? I doubt it ,but it had potential to be waaaay better than what we got.
    The tour ,on the other hand,was just crap,I agree on that (And also represented another extremely hard personal moment for her with all the Rocco drama at the very end of it).

After that (mid 2016 on) she took her time to take care of her family and admitted she got close to depression as she moved to Lisbon and felt all alone being a full time Mom,away from friends and everything.
    She turned things around by starting the creative process that led to MX ,album and then tour (not to mention the awful problem with her knee and hip surgery that followed)

In the middle of all that we had the rise of streaming and how the music industry completely changed.

Sorry for the long reply but it's only to sum Madonna's life x career and to show that although it is quite obvious that she's far from being the 'could-do-no-wrong-ahead-of-the-pack' artist the world was used to see, I think it's also unfair to say she lost her creativity forever.

Although I'm one of her biggest critics nowadays and many times don't even recognize the woman I fell in love with years ago, I low key admire how she never gives up and still tries to find her place relentlessly in this new world she doesn't dominate.
    Last edited by BodyShop; Yesterday, 15:35.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by Forreal View Post
    MX is far from being my favourite album, but she definitely delivered and showed a deep creative side: the concept, the videos, there’s more efforts and research in that project that in many of the new pop girls album released in the last couple of years, ( there’s a name above all that comes to my mind but keeping my mouth closed to avoid trouble, lol)!

Than The fact that the era didn’t met the big commercial success is another story ….but if we stick to her creativity input she definitely gained some points with MX ‘

Leave a comment:

• BodyShop
    replied
    Originally posted by Artoo View Post
    Madonna was definitely inspired during MX/MXT. It might not be everyone’s cup of tea but no one can deny the creativity.
    Absolutely

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Madonna was definitely inspired during MX/MXT. It might not be everyone’s cup of tea but no one can deny the creativity.

Leave a comment:

• Forreal
    replied

I’d say in the 00s it’s when she started losing it or got tired of it… 2000s started good for her but it was all done by mid-decade … she gave up on music videos after “Hung Up” and once she finished her “Confessions” era we kinda lost prime Madonna and her creativity forever (and that was in 2005/2006).
    MX is far from being my favourite album, but she definitely delivered and showed a deep creative side: the concept, the videos, there’s more efforts and research in that project that in many of the new pop girls album released in the last couple of years, ( there’s a name above all that comes to my mind but keeping my mouth closed to avoid trouble, lol)!

Than The fact that the era didn’t met the big commercial success is another story ….but if we stick to her creativity input she definitely gained some points with MX ‘
    Last edited by Forreal; Yesterday, 09:48.

Leave a comment:

• BodyShop
    replied
    Love her new set of stories with those Philip Shepard quotes
    Last edited by BodyShop; Yesterday, 01:56.

Leave a comment:

• music126
    replied
    Hi everyone, please join us for our weekly streaming party. We will focus on 2 songs weekly for the next 25 weeks, basically working off the top 50 list backwards. So please stream Hollywood and Ghosttown as much as you can until we switch to the next 2 songs on Friday. Thanks for participating.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    I'd say she was equally creative in the 90's and the 00's.
    Her streak from Music to The Confessions Tour was nothing short than amazing and both HC + the S&S Tour are a nice bonus to what was already a top notch decade.
    I think she was just a pure creative being during the 90s, her visuals, every video and work was a statement, albums such as “Erotica”, “Bedtime Stories” and “Ray Of Light”, the boundaries she pushed, how she innovated the touring industry with “Blond Ambition” and “Girlie Show” tours. Since the very start of the decade from “Vogue” to the very end with “Ray Of Light” era she just slayed.

I’d say in the 00s it’s when she started losing it or got tired of it… 2000s started good for her but it was all done by mid-decade … she gave up on music videos after “Hung Up” and once she finished her “Confessions” era we kinda lost prime Madonna and her creativity forever (and that was in 2005/2006).
    Last edited by MrLeonix; Sat May 14, 2022, 23:03.

Leave a comment:

• BodyShop
    replied
    I'd say she was equally creative in the 90's and the 00's.
    Her streak from Music to The Confessions Tour was nothing short than amazing and both HC + the S&S Tour are a nice bonus to what was already a top notch decade.
    Last edited by BodyShop; Sat May 14, 2022, 20:53.

Leave a comment:

• Sebastian
    replied
    Madussy is my new favourite word tbh

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    The 2000s were peak Madonna creativity though.
    90s Madonna >> 00s Madonna

Leave a comment:

• BodyShop
    replied
    Madonna rarely allowed herself to be creative for the sake of being creative, and that’s all I think this is.
    I really wish this was the case tbh...

Leave a comment:

• Angeman
    replied
    Ugh Mike Dean she needs to ditch ASAP

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    And I still don't see anything remotely good, impactful or artistic on them
    I love art and I love what she’s trying to say with the three videos. These are what I call ‘quiet art’, art created for the sake of creation. Madonna rarely allowed herself to be creative for the sake of being creative, and that’s all I think this is.

It doesn’t need to be any deeper than that I guess, and something she created has made over $600k for charity.

I wish Madonna would embrace her creative side more to be honest. I think her creativity is one of her strongest traits but sadly one of her weakest is that she can’t usually execute them herself, which makes me wonder how many ideas she has that get abandoned.

The 2000s were peak Madonna creativity though. With Mirwais it felt like she found a musical partner that allowed her to go in many different directions, Steven Klein and Madonna did so many great art house photoshoots together and with Jamie King they really invented the modern technological pop concert.

Even with Stuart Price, treating her vocals like an instrument and feeding them into the mix of the music (rather than sitting them above the music), and mixing an album into a DJ set shows the attention to detail and level of creativity she had back then.

The closest I feel like she’s come to finding a new creative partner is Mike Dean (who offers her absolutely nothing imo), but it’s her friendship with Maluma that I find interesting - they have great chemistry together and I genuinely wouldn’t be surprised if she made a Latin music album next.

Leave a comment:

• BodyShop
    replied
    And I still don't see anything remotely good, impactful or artistic on them

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    She answered all of these questions in the interview guys

Leave a comment:

• Angeman
    replied
    I am more perplexed on why it took a year to make these videos