Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by MrLeonix
    Originally posted by YaYo
    Originally posted by MrLeonix
    @lamhe In my personal and humble opinion , Mariah is just a co-writer and as most mainstream artists she relied on other writers and producers to give life to her vision, there's no way she could've written all of her big hits, classics and albums by her own, in fact the biggest international hit of her career ("Without you") is a cover she is more of a vocalist first than an Artist IMO.
    Someone get on his ass because I ain't got time for that kind of BS.
    Its just my personal opinion, relax I actually respect her a lot
    Thi is not about opinions. This is about facts. Mariah created her biggest hits, every song. Did she had help? Sure. But she is the one who leads, directs, comes with melodies and ideas. She would never do a song that produced and written only by somebody else, beside covers that she loves deeply.
    My Last.fm

    Comment


    • Originally posted by MrLeonix
      Originally posted by YaYo
      Originally posted by MrLeonix
      @lamhe In my personal and humble opinion , Mariah is just a co-writer and as most mainstream artists she relied on other writers and producers to give life to her vision, there's no way she could've written all of her big hits, classics and albums by her own, in fact the biggest international hit of her career ("Without you") is a cover she is more of a vocalist first than an Artist IMO.
      Someone get on his ass because I ain't got time for that kind of BS.
      Its just my personal opinion, relax I actually respect her a lot
      The majority of her co-writes are because the other person wrote the music, if you look at the notes in her alb um booklets, she writes the lyrics.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by MrLeonix
        Originally posted by YaYo
        Originally posted by MrLeonix
        @lamhe In my personal and humble opinion , Mariah is just a co-writer and as most mainstream artists she relied on other writers and producers to give life to her vision, there's no way she could've written all of her big hits, classics and albums by her own, in fact the biggest international hit of her career ("Without you") is a cover she is more of a vocalist first than an Artist IMO.
        Someone get on his ass because I ain't got time for that kind of BS.
        Its just my personal opinion, relax I actually respect her a lot
        You can't really have an opinion on a known fact that she writes and produces nearly everything. Just because Without You is a huge hit for her means nothing, what about All I Want For Christmas? Hero?. She even considers herself a writer first.
        “Mariah also dumped her longtime assistant Louise by shoving her out of a car in downtown Manhattan.”

        Comment


        • ^and melodies
          To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

          Comment


          • Actually,most of the artists she shares songwriting credits are producers who help write the melodies but the lyrics are 100% mariah...FACT,MARIAH IS A PHENOMENAL SONGWRITER

            Comment


            • None of us can say for sure exactly what Mariah writes and doesn't write. I personally believe she does most if not all of the vocal arrangements because she knows her voice the best and it is her trademark. I think she writes more of her lyrics and music than most people give her credit for. I think Walter probably carried her somewhat in the early days, but Mariah's sound is her own creation and she has continued to hone it over the years. Also, Walter's production was his greatest contribution, because Mariah had already come up with melodies and lyrics to some of their greatest hits together before Walter put his stamp on the tracks ("Dreamlover").

              Also, consider that Mariah co-wrote "Where Are You Christmas" and originally co-wrote "Hero" for Gloria Estefan.

              I think the fact that she co-writes and collaborates does muddy the waters, but sometimes I also feel it is a strong point because she is willing to relinquish total control in order to produce a better song/album. For someone like Mariah, it is probably harder to collaborate than to work solo. She clearly has a vision for her music as can be demonstrated by the fact that she records and mixes her own vocals without a producer (see Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis's account of the production of TGIFY).

              Despite the fact that Mariah collaborates, her sound and vision always shine through, and I believe that is the mark of a true artist.

              I won't compare Mariah's contribution to the creation of her music to other artists' input, but I feel that with her music, Mariah is giving us a piece of herself.
              You don’t have to be afraid of what you are!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by DOSSOME
                Actually,most of the artists she shares songwriting credits are producers who help write the melodies but the lyrics are 100% mariah...FACT,MARIAH IS A PHENOMENAL SONGWRITER
                The lyrics are not 100% Mariah. She has said it in a lot of interviews about the contribution of other lyrically. Like the Bobby Womack line in WBT was written not by her.

                One thing for sure that is admirable with Mariah is that she doesn't steal credits from others!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by MrLeonix
                  @lamhe In my personal and humble opinion , Mariah is just a co-writer and as most mainstream artists she relied on other writers and producers to give life to her vision, there's no way she could've written all of her big hits, classics and albums by her own, in fact the biggest international hit of her career ("Without you") is a cover she is more of a vocalist first than an Artist IMO.
                  Artist? Artistry? opinions may differ cos those words are abstract nouns. Chaos are expected in that case. For me, Mariah Carey is an artist right from the start, a sincere one for that matter. My criteria of an artist - one who presents any form of art with sincerity and talent. On a side note, "Without You" being a cover and a big hit goes on to show her vocal creativity. (For those who want to belittle talented singers, singing is among the various ways of expressing art and there is nothing wrong with being one of the best singers when you market yourself as one. The same goes for Whitney's signature hit).

                  And for her composing skills, I have no doubt she can make brilliant and complex melodies. (Her impromptu singing and that she has a signature sound that makes some people say "This sounds like a Mariah song" agree with me). She likes to collaborate with a composer cos she might not be an expert at composing sheet music.

                  Thanks for sharing your opinion Mr Leonix.
                  NoHype.

                  my lousy cover of "Sway"https://soundcloud.com/nyein-chann-a...n-martin-cover

                  Comment


                  • ^ not to mention, it's easy to identify songs written by Mariah

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Lamhe
                      Artist? Artistry? opinions may differ cos those words are abstract nouns. Chaos are expected in that case. For me, Mariah Carey is an artist right from the start, a sincere one for that matter. My criteria of an artist - one who presents any form of art with sincerity and talent. On a side note, "Without You" being a cover and a big hit goes on to show her vocal creativity. (For those who want to belittle talented singers, singing is among the various ways of expressing art and there is nothing wrong with being one of the best singers when you market yourself as one. The same goes for Whitney's signature hit).

                      And for her composing skills, I have no doubt she can make brilliant and complex melodies. (Her impromptu singing and that she has a signature sound that makes some people say "This sounds like a Mariah song" agree with me). She likes to collaborate with a composer cos she might not be an expert at composing sheet music.

                      Thanks for sharing your opinion Mr Leonix.
                      You're welcome , I shared it because I felt like you portrayed Mariah like a sort of god, and I think she is talented and involved with all of her music, but like most artists she has also required direction and help , there's nothing bad with it.

                      And I don't know if its truth but I've read she expressed frustration several times during the first albums of her career because she wasn't apparently allowed to experiment that much, bascally the label decided her sound and even in most occassions picked the producers for her. She also describes her relationship with Tommy as very controlling who BTW was a man that played a big part in her career as well.

                      I think she started to feel more comfortable and expressive since "Daydream" / "Butterfly"
                      Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                      Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

                      Comment


                      • What happened to her belly button tho

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by divingmuffin
                          She needs to lose about 20lbs to be able to wear those kinds of clothes again. She's really wide and the texture of her belly is lumpy and off-putting.
                          .
                          You gurls have got to stop with this. She doesn't "have" to loose anything. Weight obsessed people annoy the living hell out of. Criticising celebs while you/they probably look a huge living jelly roll in the flesh.

                          She's a 42 year old woman with 2 kids and probably looks better than most people's parents around here. Give ha a break.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by ThaInfo1
                            Originally posted by divingmuffin
                            She needs to lose about 20lbs to be able to wear those kinds of clothes again. She's really wide and the texture of her belly is lumpy and off-putting.
                            .
                            You gurls have got to stop with this. She doesn't "have" to loose anything. Weight obsessed people annoy the living hell out of. Criticising celebs while you/they probably look a huge living jelly roll in the flesh.

                            She's a 42 year old woman with 2 kids and probably looks better than most people's parents around here. Give ha a break.
                            I look amazing in the flesh

                            I said she should stop wearing revealing clothes until she loses the weight. If she's trying to be sexy, she's appealing to a very limited audience, because most people don't find lumpy stretched out tummy tucks appealing. She would look sexier if she covered up her tummy unless she loses some weight.
                            You don’t have to be afraid of what you are!

                            Comment


                            • Let's agree,we can mock,ridicule & downplay the current state of her voice all we want but any attempt to joke/poke fun/question/raise an opinion that doubts Mariah's prowess as a songwriter will be treated as an insult/crime to the many of us who heard BUTTERFLY,CHARMBRACELET & MEMOIRS and the aftermath will be lethal,gudday

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by ThaInfo1
                                You gurls have got to stop with this. She doesn't "have" to loose anything. Weight obsessed people annoy the living hell out of. Criticising celebs while you/they probably look a huge living jelly roll in the flesh.

                                She's a 42 year old woman with 2 kids and probably looks better than most people's parents around here. Give ha a break.
                                What an annoying post, of course a 42 year old woman with 2 kids at Mariah's current weight doesn't have to lose anything, but she has to lose weight if she wants to show skin like Mariah does in an absurd way now.
                                for the record, i'm happy with her current body because i accept her as a goddess that just doesn't know how to wear.
                                MIMI

                                Comment


                                • She needs to gain more weight like she was during pregnancy and dump the idea of showing off her body in the most unflattering of ways...lately,everytime she gains weight,her voice improves

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by DOSSOME
                                    She needs to gain more weight like she was during pregnancy and dump the idea of showing off her body in the most unflattering of ways...lately,everytime she gains weight,her voice improves
                                    Coincidence.
                                    To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

                                    Comment


                                    • I can't take another arguement about mariahs weight.

                                      New album now please..

                                      Comment


                                      • That outfit is awful. She's a little too heavy to wear that. A dress would of done fine especially with the corsets she wears under them when she's not singing. A few treatments of zirona/zerona (?) laser will easily flush 15-20 pounds in a few weeks. As I've said before I don't think Mariah's weight is what makes her face poofy. Usually after some strong dose of Botox her face will swell as do most patients. In 2 weeks her face will look more slender and youthful. On that outfit again, even if her stylist okayed her to wear that, why would she? She's got to have some sort of fashion sense. Not mad at Mimi though, her appearances are always a hit or miss. She's so unpredictable at times, which I love about her. Hopefully we get some sort of formal preview this week, the other was too subliminal.

                                        Comment


                                        • I wish she would class it up.

                                          She looks ridiculous trying to dress young and sexy.
                                          43 year old mother with her boobies hanging out during press interviews for TAOLG.
                                          And now this tacky outfit.

                                          *sigh*

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by divingmuffin
                                            Originally posted by ThaInfo1
                                            Originally posted by divingmuffin
                                            She needs to lose about 20lbs to be able to wear those kinds of clothes again. She's really wide and the texture of her belly is lumpy and off-putting.
                                            .
                                            You gurls have got to stop with this. She doesn't "have" to loose anything. Weight obsessed people annoy the living hell out of. Criticising celebs while you/they probably look a huge living jelly roll in the flesh.

                                            She's a 42 year old woman with 2 kids and probably looks better than most people's parents around here. Give ha a break.
                                            I look amazing in the flesh

                                            I said she should stop wearing revealing clothes until she loses the weight. If she's trying to be sexy, she's appealing to a very limited audience, because most people don't find lumpy stretched out tummy tucks appealing. She would look sexier if she covered up her tummy unless she loses some weight.
                                            Exactly. I have absolutly no problem with her being overweight, but she has to learn that some clothes are unflatering to her body and make she seems ridiculous. If only she covered her belly she wouldn't look that heavy.
                                            Reddit | r/MariahCarey: https://www.reddit.com/r/MariahCarey/
                                            Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/leoinavalon
                                            Instagram: https://instagram.com/leoavalon/

                                            Comment


                                            • She needs to hide her stomach and belly button! They put makeup on it and that along with her weird massive belly button looks eww!

                                              It's so obvious she has had a tummy tuck!


















                                              ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

                                              1234567

                                              Comment


                                              • So she is overweight, not an artist and needs to retire. Anything else to throw in the mix?

                                                Comment


                                                • If she doesn't give a f*ck, then why should we?

                                                  Comment



                                                  • remember when she killed us with that look? i just want this Mariah.
                                                    MIMI

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X