• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YDKWTD
    Great vocals: check
    Uptempo: check
    Catchy: check

It's the perfect single.

That said, Money and Thirsty should also be a single. Not here for the generic Meteorite.

Do you guys think that the GP will compare Money with Ariana's Problem? I mean let's be realistic. Most of the GP ain't bright.

Comment

• I don't know why I always feel that Mariah is referring to Luis in this album

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy
        right, Thirsty got 2,2m impressions just by being premiered and then left alone, staying on its own feet. (And it survived)
        Right!
        Me, Mariah and Dupri.

Comment

• Originally posted by GlitterLoverBoy
          Originally posted by Shaka
          Can somebody please share the (correct) lyrics of the songs?
          Most of the web sites has the lyrics wrong or incomplete :(
          http://mariahcareynetwork.com/music/a-me.html

Click on the tracks to check the lyrics
          Thanks hun

Comment

• Does anyone notice that who's featured in my lovely avi?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka
              Originally posted by GlitterLoverBoy
              Originally posted by Shaka
              Can somebody please share the (correct) lyrics of the songs?
              Most of the web sites has the lyrics wrong or incomplete :(
              http://mariahcareynetwork.com/music/a-me.html

Click on the tracks to check the lyrics
              Thanks hun
              You're welcome, hairy hottie

Comment

I don't know why I always feel that Mariah is referring to Luis in this album
                I don't like him he broke her heart in a rly bad way
                Nick is the best man mariah got in her life I believe, he loves her genuinely, u can tell...

Comment

• Originally posted by hotMCfan
                  YDKWTD
                  Great vocals: check
                  Uptempo: check
                  Catchy: check

It's the perfect single.

That said, Money and Thirsty should also be a single. Not here for the generic Meteorite.

Do you guys think that the GP will compare Money with Ariana's Problem? I mean let's be realistic. Most of the GP ain't bright.
                  yes, that is very likely. but this could only draw more attention to the song, provide more exposure, which is all that song needs to become huge. I am fully convinced in this.*

*there's also a possibility that I may be completely deluded by binging on the song for days...
                  I can't even know what to say...

Comment

• YDKWTD, Money, Meteorite r much more polished and heavy structured Songs which fit perfectly with Mariah's legendary status.

Thirsty is super catchy and much better than migrate , it is fun and light and easy going and it is perfect But as I said we have mature album vision and Thirty seems to demolish the prospect of that vision, if the album got a pop- hip hop vision as Rainbow then Thirsty would smash u know
                    Lets just support the decision lambs

Comment

• Money is the Honey of the album
                      Everything Fades Aways...nothing ever stays the same~

Comment

• Originally posted by xMariahx
                        Originally posted by RayRay
                        Bought the deluxe edition today in my lunch break.

Let the kids (12 year olds) listen to some of the songs. They loved Thirsty.
                        That's not shocking.
                        I know it's not. It's very today. I LOVE it!
                        My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• I feel that Mariah may have a gay anthem in Camouflage.

Comment

• Originally posted by xMariahx
                            Money is the Honey of the album
                            It'll def need that video :d

I need an updated version of that lefttitietouch-righttitietouch dance routine :p

Comment

right, Thirsty got 2,2m impressions just by being premiered and then left alone, staying on its own feet. (And it survived)
                              The GP stanning for "THIRSTY"

On ATRL, The "Thirsty" thread has about 1,070 replies and 62,028 views. The other songs doesn't have that much reply.

I was reading comments and even non-lambs are bopping to this.
                              THROUGH THE RAIN...??? The Elusive Cover
                              http://www.smule.com/p/97104974_32010265

Comment

• This album is everything I wanted from Mariah to do ever since Butterfly. It's literally a masterpiece! 90s Mariah is back! All those whistles spanning throughout the entire album, chest voice, belts, whispers, trills, harmonies, I don't know what more...make this album truly maginificant, unforgettable, the album of the year, what year???, the album of the LAST TEN YEARS! It's a perfect mix of old and new, hot and vulnerable Mariah. Songs like ''Cry.'', ''Camouflage'', ''One More Try'' and ''Heavenly'' are in vein with her most successful and acclaimed ballads. And that's what made me the happiest person in the whole world when I heard the album for the first time. I liveeee for her singing big belty and whistly ballads. I'm just sad she didn't include ''Save the Day'' and ''Hope Street''. I was really looking forward to hearing them. Hopefully, she'll include them on ''Me. I Am Mariah...The Elusive Chanteuse - Platinum Edition'' when the time comes.

I don't undertand all the hate towards ''Faded'', personally, I think it's as amazing as ''We Belong Together''. And yes, I know how that sounds to most of you. :-D Furthermore, I absolutely adore ''Dedicated'' - this has to be a single, maybe even summer single instead of M/YDNWTD/T.. It has such a throwback vibe, I'm so glad she's done it with Nas, they created magic with TGIFY, once again, those whistles during last 40 seconds, MY SUMMER JAM (last year's was ''#Beautiful'' - 692 plays).

My ranking / rating:

01 (10/10) Heavenly (Not Giving Up / No Ways Tired) - No words. P E R F E C T I O N from the very beginning until the very end. Love that is has that vinyl effect just like TAOLG. Whistle at the end. I'm DEAD! Hallelujah!
                                02 (10/10) Dedicated (feat. Nas) / #Beautiful (feat. Miguel) / The Art of Letting Go / One More Try - song I most looked forward to hearing and she did not disappoint. It's a true story she soars over organ/strings/drums background. You just needd to lay down, relax and enjoy her angelic voice.
                                03 (10/10) Meteorite / Supernatural (oh that modulation + ''Mommy, I'm a chanteuse'', Pikaaa... <3) / Cry. (you can hear Music Box, Emotions influence on this one) / Faded
                                04 (10/10) Make It Look Good (harmonica, YES!, strings YES!, Mariah YES! ''My mama always told me...'') / Camouflage / You Don't Know What To Do (feat. Wale) (yeah, ''Make It Happen'' of this album)
                                05 (9/10) Money ($ * / ...) (feat. Fabolous)
                                06 (8/10) Thirsty - hmm.. it great, but it just feels like it doesn't belong on this album.

Singles should be in my opinion:

01 #Beautiful (feat. Miguel)
                                02 You're Mine
                                03 Dedicated (feat. Nas)
                                04 Meteorite
                                05 YDNWTD or MILG
                                06 Heavenly (USA) / One More Try (Europe)

All in all, Jermaine Dupri is kind of a genious, we all owe him one big apology. I honestly believe in this album so much and hope other people, non fans will realize her greatness again. This album is a proof that she's still got it! She's not giving up! She's still that old Mariah we all fell in love years ago. I am just so overwhelmed with this album....just listening to ''One More Try''...it brings tears to my face, ahh.... :-( There's just so much emotion in her voice....I can say it loud and clear, she's my biggest inspiration when it comes to writing, composing and interpreting music! + last year, she had less than 4000 plays on my last.fm, now she has more than 9000.

Also, I love reading all of your comments especially when something new is being revealed or released, when hype becomes just nondurable... :-D

+ my all time favourite Mariah ballads:

01 Whenever You Call - I honestly have no idea why this song is so underrated??? Her vocals are heavenly + the lyrics are wonderful
                                02 Heavenly (No Ways Tired / Can't Give Up Now)
                                03 The Art of Letting Go (nnn, vocally and musically, not so much lyrically)
                                04 Close My Eyes
                                05 Lead The Way / One More Try
                                06 After Tonight
                                07 One Sweet Day (with Boyz II Men)
                                08 Butterfly / I'll Be There
                                09 Open Arms / Looking In
                                10 Without You / Cry. / Music Box / Hero / Anytime You Need A Friend

Albums + some of the songs:

01 Butterfly (Whenever You Call / Close My Eyes / Outside / The Beautiful Ones)
                                02 Music Box (Dreamlover / Music Box / Hero / WIthout You / AYNAF) / Daydream (Fantasy / ABMB / One Sweet Day / Open Arms / Forever / Looking In)
                                03 Me. I Am Mariah...The Elusive Chanteuse
                                04 Rainbow
                                (After Tonight / TGIFY / Mariah's Theme / Against All Odds)
                                05 Mariah Carey (There's Got To Be A Way / Love Takes Time / Vision of Love / Vanishing)
                                06 Emotions (Emotions / Can't Let Go / Make It Happen / So Blessed)
                                07 The Emancipation of Mimi (We Belong Together / Get Your Number / Fly LIke A Bird)
                                08 E=MC2 (I Stay In Love / I'll Be Loving You Long Time / Migrate / TMB)
                                09 Glitter (Lead The Way / Reflecctions (Care Enough) / Loverboy / Didn't Mean To Turn You On)
                                10 Charmbracelet (BOTH / Irresistible / THR / SFAR)
                                11 Memoirs of An Imperfect Angel (Languishing / IWTKWLI / Obsessed)

Love you all! :-D Enjoy this masterpiece. :-D

Comment

• Originally posted by HausenCarey
                                  Originally posted by stevyy

On ATRL, The "Thirsty" thread has about 1,070 replies and 62,028 views. The other songs doesn't have that much reply.

Oh yeah! Everybody loves thirsty.
                                  Me, Mariah and Dupri.

Comment

Originally posted by leesmith1980
                                    Originally posted by HausenCarey
                                    wait..so YDKWTD is the single?

Whatever it is, it shouldn't cause divisiveness with the lambs. We should support the chosen single ALL OUT.

I was really worried few pages back with THIRSTY VS YDKWTD. Although both songs are epic, fans are destroying the other songs and hating it so they'll win the debate,

I say, ALL OUT SUPPORT to whatever single it is.
                                    Agreed. But you have some people being so agressive in here about single choices...I wonder did they co-write those singles cuz they act like Mariah would thank them personally or they would be paid.
                                    LMAO!!

I understand that both teams want Mariah to succeed. But I really hope they will keep a HEALTHY debate. Keep it classy.

I'm TEAM WHATEVER. Thirsty,YDWTD,MONEY..whatever. cause almost all the songs are single worthy. That's how powerful this album is.
                                    Exactly! We all need to rally around whichever single is released and make it succeed! Dissension within the lambs is never good Let's see what Mariah and IDJ end up doing and then get the word out HARD.

Comment

If i could decide: It's now between Meteorite and Money.. both are in all sincerity, top 10 hit contenders.
                                      I was (and am) so impressed with Thirsty and YDKWTD. I couldn't imagine there being any thing more radio friendly on the album. But who would've thought that Meteorite and Money would show up... The album is so deep with quality songs.

Comment

I'm in the dedicated team. But if i have to choose between the other two I'd pick thirsty. YDKWTD is current but i'd only pick it if I was pharell. It's in the same vein( that's why it ain't my cup of tea) but not as good as his other hits this year. I don't know if the GP would make it a hit.

Comment

• Originally posted by mariahcareyfan
                                          Nick is the best man mariah got in her life I believe, he loves her genuinely, u can tell...
                                          Who was having affairs with Luis? :-? :-? :-?

Comment

In some ways I dont feel like this is a Mariah song. But I am glad that it is different.
                                            The Us charts would love it ..depending on how it is promoted it could cross over. That Video must be A freaking +
                                            Country Boy In Boston

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaloki
                                              Originally posted by stellards20
                                              Miley 70
                                              Mariah 77
                                              Avril 82
                                              Katy 83
                                              Gaga 84
                                              Shakira 88
                                              Beyonce 90

DAMN BILLBOARD! YOU'RE CREDIBILITY IS DEAD!

I haven't listened to any of the albums apart from Mariah's and Beyonces (definitely not my kind of music at all - god knows how Shakira can have such a high rating?), but I would probably give Beyonces album a higher rating than Mariah's...

Don't get me wrong I like this album way more than Beyonces - I'm absolutely blown away by MIAMTEC, I it's think it's a piece of absolute magic, but, like one of he critics said in their review, I think there's 3 or 4 songs on the album which just retread the same steps which mariah has been walking for over a decade now.

I don't like half the songs on Beyonces album, but I can appreciate that it was something different for her (and yeah the way the album was released did help, but it's impossible not to be slightly influenced by all the media hype)
                                              I like Bey's album but it's not really that different for her. To me, it was a better 4.

Comment

• :p if the single choice whaz up 2 me... I'd less chase commercial aspects but more artistical recognition.

My list from now on
                                                Dedicated to the main stations
                                                Thirsty , or the other way around as it is already making up.
                                                In europe, instead of thirsty, Camouflage as second single choice.
                                                Thirdly, camouflage in the states. . One more try in Europe.
                                                Forthly money in the states. YDKWTD, world
                                                Fifthly, Meteorite to dance stations,
                                                Heaven to gospel radio.

Comment

Originally posted by leesmith1980
                                                  Originally posted by HausenCarey
                                                  wait..so YDKWTD is the single?

Whatever it is, it shouldn't cause divisiveness with the lambs. We should support the chosen single ALL OUT.

I was really worried few pages back with THIRSTY VS YDKWTD. Although both songs are epic, fans are destroying the other songs and hating it so they'll win the debate,

I say, ALL OUT SUPPORT to whatever single it is.
                                                  Agreed. But you have some people being so agressive in here about single choices...I wonder did they co-write those singles cuz they act like Mariah would thank them personally or they would be paid.
                                                  LMAO!!

I understand that both teams want Mariah to succeed. But I really hope they will keep a HEALTHY debate. Keep it classy.

I'm TEAM WHATEVER. Thirsty,YDWTD,MONEY..whatever. cause almost all the songs are single worthy. That's how powerful this album is.
                                                  Seriously...there is so much hatred in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by mariahcareyfan
                                                    Who was having affairs with Luis? :-? :-? :-?
                                                    U can search here for all articles about them, just type luis miguel in the search bar
                                                    http://www.mcarchives.com/news.asp
                                                    I don't remember exactly tbh

Comment

Working...
                                                    X