Sugababes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Westen View Post
    Seriously, 'but harmoniesss!!!1' sounds like you all saw it someone posting about it on PopJustice and that's your go-to excuse.
    Or we have ears?
    Lol there's no excuse. I loved all line-ups (well except for the last one maybe). But there's no dislike for Heidi, Amelle or Jade. In fact I like all three of them.
    I just love music. And this line-up is serving us the best vocals and yes the tightest harmonies.
    I'm not here for petty shit.
    "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

• Originally posted by Noahh View Post
      Or we have ears?
      Lol there's no excuse. I loved all line-ups (well except for the last one maybe). But there's no dislike for Heidi, Amelle or Jade. In fact I like all three of them.
      I just love music. And this line-up is serving us the best vocals and yes the tightest harmonies.
      I'm not here for petty shit.
      Isn't this a place to discuss our thoughts freely? It's not really petty. It's a discussion...
      Love you like a love song!

Comment

• Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
        Isn't this a place to discuss our thoughts freely? It's not really petty. It's a discussion...
        No all I'm all for discussion, but let's not turn this into a 12 year old fan girl twitter fight thing.
        I respect everyone's line-up preference. But it seems some people don't really like to see others state their preference and start to refer to them as bandwagoning etc just 'cause they don't share their point of view. And how can you have a proper discussion when all you get back is a childish "oh please" and "oh please 2.0".

Like I said, I am just here for the music and the current line-up (in my opinion) is the best vocally.
        Whatever happened in the group behind the scenes in the past... I don't really care honestly. But that's the past.
        We weren't there, we will never know what exactly happened. All girl groups go through catty shit.
        I'd like to focus on the music.

And I get it might turn people of from liking the current line-up, but that doesn't mean other can't like it.

Comment

Oh please.

Oh please 2.0.
          Are we not allowed to like them?

Comment

• Honestly, I just don't believe in your reasons or opinion.

When MKS reunited fans split among those pretending to love MKS this whole time and only 1.0 line up!!1, and fans appreciating all line ups.

Claims like Siobhan sang 2.0 songs better than Heidi, this line up blends together the best!!1, I have ears!!1, only that line up can release amazing music!!1 are really making it hard for me to take you seriously.

Sure there were fans from the beginning who experienced 1.0 and probably only loved that line up, but they were in a minority. You didn't see stuff like that being said during 2.0 and 3.0 lineups.

Saying 1.0 is the best line up in 2019 is same as saying 'I like Madonna but only her music until 2005'. It's basic go-to opinion, and honestly bandwagony opinion.

Comment

• Jesus.

Comment

• Is King

Comment

• I love how Westen is ignoring all of the praise we have for the other girls but feels we're personally attacking them for preferring this lineup

Comment

• duplicate.

Comment

Honestly, I just don't believe in your reasons or opinion.

When MKS reunited fans split among those pretending to love MKS this whole time and only 1.0 line up!!1, and fans appreciating all line ups.

Claims like Siobhan sang 2.0 songs better than Heidi, this line up blends together the best!!1, I have ears!!1, only that line up can release amazing music!!1 are really making it hard for me to take you seriously.

Sure there were fans from the beginning who experienced 1.0 and probably only loved that line up, but they were in a minority. You didn't see stuff like that being said during 2.0 and 3.0 lineups.

Saying 1.0 is the best line up in 2019 is same as saying 'I like Madonna but only her music until 2005'. It's basic go-to opinion, and honestly bandwagony opinion.
                      this!

Comment

• People have very serious thoughts on the Sugababes it seems LOL.
                        I liked both the Siobhan and Heidi "versions" . Both singers brought a different flavor and tone but the SB sound was always there.
                        I don't know the formations after Mutya left.
                        "Is Stalin on your shoulder..."
                        https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeveren-1/jasper-russia
                        "..as he was with his composers?"

Comment

• I totally forgot Ryan Tedder wrote this

Comment

• Wait, when did his demos leak???

This sounds like gay anthem when he sings it.

Comment

• I think that version has been circulating for a while. Easily one of their best songs for me

Comment

• You should give some of their demos a listen Westen. Maybe you'll like them.

Comment

• Sure there were fans from the beginning who experienced 1.0 and probably only loved that line up, but they were in a minority. You didn't see stuff like that being said during 2.0 and 3.0 lineups.
                                  Ofcourse you didn't see stuff like that during 2.0. and 3.0. Siobhan was doing other stuff during those line-ups and during 3.0. Mutya as well. We only had one 1.0. album with their young voices and nothing major to compare. During MKS we saw 3 grown women, who did a tour and performed 1.0., 2.0. and MKS material, we have MKS material in studio, which made it possible to compare Siobhan to Heidi, it's not that hard.

At the end of the day we all have our preferences, but the music itself has not dissapeared. Everybody can still enjoy it. And at the end of the day I rather be called a bandwagoner, while 90% of my opinion is ignored, but atleast having an opinion. Than having no opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by IVyoncé View Post
                                    Ofcourse you didn't see stuff like that during 2.0. and 3.0. Siobhan was doing other stuff during those line-ups and during 3.0. Mutya as well. We only had one 1.0. album with their young voices and nothing major to compare. During MKS we saw 3 grown women, who did a tour and performed 1.0., 2.0. and MKS material, we have MKS material in studio, which made it possible to compare Siobhan to Heidi, it's not that hard.

At the end of the day we all have our preferences, but the music itself has not dissapeared. Everybody can still enjoy it. And at the end of the day I rather be called a bandwagoner, while 90% of my opinion is ignored, but atleast having an opinion. Than having no opinion.
                                    Well said.

Originally posted by minime View Post
                                    I really wanted the Keisha version of No More You to leak, all of the other songs I liked were in that sampler.
                                    Oh wow turns out it leaked today. I haven't had the chance to hear it yet. I'm not sure which other Sweet 7 Keisha songs leaked...

Comment

• Appearently the stargate sessions with Keisha are somewhere which includes Sweet And Amazing, Little Miss Perfect, an early version of Thank You For The Heartbreak, No More You and an unused track called Lincoln Continental.

I heard No More You and love to hear the rest one day, beside that, I would love to hear Keisha's version of She's A Mess which was called I'm A Mess at one point.

Comment

• Just when I was posting about Keisha's version it leaked day later

Started listening Sweet 7 Sampler for the first time in ages, and I'm gonna experience my first listen with Keisha's studio version like we were supposed to almost 10 years ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by minime View Post
                                          You should give some of their demos a listen Westen. Maybe you'll like them.
                                          I downloaded 14 songs once upon a time, but haven;t listened anything yet. I just don't feel need to listen to that line up... Like I said earlier, I only gave chance to One Touch last year, I did enjoy it a lot, but that's it, feels like another group to me.

Comment

Appearently the stargate sessions with Keisha are somewhere which includes Sweet And Amazing, Little Miss Perfect, an early version of Thank You For The Heartbreak, No More You and an unused track called Lincoln Continental.

I heard No More You and love to hear the rest one day, beside that, I would love to hear Keisha's version of She's A Mess which was called I'm A Mess at one point.
                                            What about Killa on the run? Was it S7 reject or C&S, we never found out.

Remember when Jade got cd with all rejected songs by mistake and learned those instead of released ones, maybe we get that some day too

Comment

What about Killa on the run? Was it S7 reject or C&S, we never found out.

Remember when Jade got cd with all rejected songs by mistake and learned those instead of released ones, maybe we get that some day too
                                              Killa on the run is a Smeezingtons (Get Sexy, She's A Mess etc.) production, there is a Bruno Mars demo for it so def. Sweet 7

Comment

Killa on the run is a Smeezingtons (Get Sexy, She's A Mess etc.) production, there is a Bruno Mars demo for it so def. Sweet 7
                                                I had no idea KOTR was done by The Smeezengtons too, when it leaked every web reported that it was from C&S sessions... And it obviously didn't sound like one from it.

I remember Heidi saying that hee favorite track was Lincoln something, Ne-Yo demo is out there but I never listened to it.

No wonder label was obsessed with releasing the album no matter what when they had such a big names working on it

Comment

• I'm revisiting Change as I type this. It was never a favorite of mine but it's been a few years since I have listened to it.

Comment

• As much as 4.0 was judged harshly by the fans, if I had the choice between them continuing as Sugababes or dismembering, I'd always go for the former. Now they're at 'I'm a celebrity' level of stardom, which is a pity because they used to release catchy songs throughout all of their 7 eras. It's pity that many girlfriends are crushed by ego trips and bitchfights. I was a casual fan of their music and even if 2.0 was my favorite, the line-up doesn't matter much for people outside of a band's core fanbase as long as the songs are good. With their last two albums, they followed a sound that was very current at the time of their release (1x modern soul, 1x EDM), but that's not bad per se. Who knows, if they were still around, would they be doing disco-infused sound a la Dua Lipa and the Weeknd now?
                                                    ~ representing the LBC ~

Comment

Working...
                                                    X