X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post

It’s a Sugababes tradition

Comment

• If they are serious about staying a group. I would say try for the JoJo approach. Just release projects/music and fund them with touring.
      I doubt any reunion of any line-up would magically make them commercially rise to the top of the charts or make them hip for most audiences. I feel that book is closed. Even if they wake Heidi from her slumber.

Comment

• Right now I just want the MKS songs to be officially released. So many good songs there that it feels criminal most people won't get the chance to hear it.

At least more or less all of it leaked but still. Some songs like Today are really low quality

Comment

• As I just posted on their charts thread, "One Touch" dropped from the albums chart this week (#18-out), which was expected... but it also completely fell off the Album Sales and Physical Albums charts top 100 (#7-out)... That is, probably not even 200 copies sold this 2nd week.
          On the other hand, "The Essential", that budget compilation released last week (with songs from 2nd album onwards) falls only #18-#28 on the Album Sales chart.

What I mean, it's pretty obvious that only the hardcore fans (of 1.0) are interested on the 1st album... while casual buyers preferred to pick their greatest hits from the shelves this week.

"Flatline" and "Flowers" (the only songs 1.0 officially released since they reformed) chart trajectory and sales proved there's no demand from general public for their new music either and that their fanbase is not big enough for them to be on the charts.

if they'd release a completely new album now, with different editions and bundles and all that, as they did with "One Touch", I'm sure it could be Top 10 on 1st week... but then that'll be it. One week on chart and then bye, as it happens lately with other legacy fans-only acts.

They could tour on small venues and festivals and, if that's enough to sustain their musical career, keep releasing new music. Kind of like what All Saints did with their last 2 albums.
          But they really have to be interested in becoming an active band in order to do that... And I doubt they are, considering what they've done with the band these past years.

At the end of the day, even if they're together for like 8 or 9 years now... they've made like 4 TV appearances and officially released just 2 tracks.
          Couldn't they at least have performed on TV these past weeks singing Overload on some UK shows to promote the anniversary re-edition of One Touch? They simply don't care to promote or TVs are not interested?

Comment

• Originally posted by nympho View Post

At the end of the day, even if they're together for like 8 or 9 years now... they've made like 4 TV appearances and officially released just 2 tracks.
            Couldn't they at least have performed on TV these past weeks singing Overload on some UK shows to promote the anniversary re-edition of One Touch? They simply don't care to promote or TVs are not interested?
            My understanding is just before the pandemic hit, they reclaimed the Sugababes name and the world went to shit. It’s clear they didn’t want to promote One Touch - Jo Omera just promoted the hell out of her independent album (missing the top 200) the Sugababes are infinitely more famous than her.

In terms of doing interviews and publicity etc, they have a great story to tell - but it doesn’t appear that they’re interested in telling it yet, suggesting they’re saving it for part of the promo of a larger project.
            Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• What are the other 3 girls up to these days? I wonder what happened behind the scenes…..did the girls all sit and have a talk about the name thing?

Comment

• Originally posted by dylonj View Post
                What are the other 3 girls up to these days? I wonder what happened behind the scenes…..did the girls all sit and have a talk about the name thing?
                I think the name was owned by the management/label and not the girls.
                Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• Originally posted by dylonj View Post
                  What are the other 3 girls up to these days? I wonder what happened behind the scenes…..did the girls all sit and have a talk about the name thing?
                  Jade played Jasmine in Aladdin The Musical in London’s West End for some seasons as well as some other acting roles. Now she’ll play Mariah Carey on Netflix 2nd season of Luis Miguel series. Can’t wait to see her (and hopefully listening to her rendition of some Mariah song).

Heidi got married and became mom of two… no sign of any intention of returning to music.

Amelle had a baby girl, a traumatic divorce, released some solo singles, participated on MasterChef Celebrity and the musical Club Tropicana with Joe McElderry.

Heidi and Amelle follow each other on Instagram, but not Jade.

Comment

Jade played Jasmine in Aladdin The Musical in London’s West End for some seasons as well as some other acting roles. Now she’ll play Mariah Carey on Netflix 2nd season of Luis Miguel series. Can’t wait to see her (and hopefully listening to her rendition of some Mariah song).

Heidi got married and became mom of two… no sign of any intention of returning to music.

Amelle had a baby girl, a traumatic divorce, released some solo singles, participated on MasterChef Celebrity and the musical Club Tropicana with Joe McElderry.

Wait, I didn't know about traumatic divorce Amelle went through... I hope she is doing ok now.

I think she said few years ago that she works as a ghostwriter now and that some of her songs spent half a year in top 10 that year or something like that...

Comment

• They have just been announced as headliner for next year's Mightly Hoopla festival!!!
                      without any meaning, we're just skin and bones
                      like beautiful robots dancing alone

Comment

• I'm so excited to see them perform at Mighty Hoopla next year.
                        "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

• Ah it's a shame I can't make it in 2022, would love to have seen them!

Comment

• Originally posted by Noahh View Post
                            I'm so excited to see them perform at Mighty Hoopla next year.
                            Going to be SUCH a party <3

Now I'm just wondering what's more to come; surely this won't be the only thing happening. More festivals? Tour? New music? The MKS album on streaming?

Comment

• What’s this Mighty Hoopla? Is it good? Should I buy tickets? I want to just for me gals but they might be playing at other things I’ve planned next year anyway.

I’m guessing new music will happen before then. Could they really headline off the back of One Touch?

Comment

• God, I miss the exciting days when Sugababes 2.0 and 3.0 were making music.

Originally posted by nympho View Post
                                Interesting fact! Although I guess with all the drama surrounding them they had little time to connect as a group anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by jason2379 View Post
                                  What’s this Mighty Hoopla? Is it good? Should I buy tickets? I want to just for me gals but they might be playing at other things I’ve planned next year anyway.

I’m guessing new music will happen before then. Could they really headline off the back of One Touch?
                                  Basically a day festival in a park in London that feels like one big pride. I went this year and it was awesome, but next year it’s a two-day thing and it clashes with when I’m on holiday.

Comment

• Originally posted by jason2379 View Post
                                    What’s this Mighty Hoopla? Is it good? Should I buy tickets? I want to just for me gals but they might be playing at other things I’ve planned next year anyway.

They certainly could, especially at Mightly Hoopla. Cheryl headlined this year and she hasn't released new music in years + the 'Babes could go One Touch, probably some of the big 2.0 hits and Flatline. I hope, and expect, there will be new music but they don't need it to headline. Their name is big enough, when this festival is usually centered around artists who have had their prime in the past and have a big queer following.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frederic View Post
                                      God, I miss the exciting days when Sugababes 2.0 and 3.0 were making music.

Interesting fact! Although I guess with all the drama surrounding them they had little time to connect as a group anyway.
                                      Jade was actually interview by NME the other day and had some interesting points:

It’s been 12 years since you joined Sugababes for ‘Sweet 7’. Do you ever listen to that album now? And how do you feel about that time in your career?
                                      “I don’t listen to the album, but I’ve never been a person who listens or watches themselves back. How do I feel about it? It wasn’t that long after my Eurovision chapter, so I feel like when I see that version of Jade, it’s not me. I was such a young, green, naïve little thing, and I was shoved into this massive machine where I felt like I was just trying to stay afloat the whole time. There was a lot of worry because I never wanted to say the wrong thing or let anyone down, and I didn’t fully understand the situation I was in – so much of it was kind of held back from me, actually.

“Everything happened really quickly and it also came to an end very quickly, so I felt I didn’t really get a chance to process any of it for quite a while afterwards. But, I mean it was a fantastic learning experience for me, especially in terms of dealing with the music industry.”

An idea that fans sometimes talk about is all six Sugababes coming together for an “Ultimate Sugababes” tour. Does that appeal to you?
                                      “At this stage? No, because I feel like I’ve tried really hard to carve out a new path and experiment with new adventures. I would never say never, but I’ve seen that the original line-up are back together and, genuinely, I’m a fan of the original line-up and I love their vocals. So I wish them well and I think that, while that’s working, just keep rolling with it.

“I did hear once that a TV show was trying to get all six Sugababes reunited and back together, but I’ve never even met the other girls. I met Keisha once randomly at a wedding and she was really nice, but I’ve never met Mutya or Siobhán.

Comment

• I figured as much. Interesting read, thanks Fan!

Comment

• Jade is so talented and such a nice and sweet person that it’s a shame she joined the band in such terms and she had to deal with the bullies and media attacks…
                                          No surprise that she doesn’t want to know anything about reuniting… She must have bad memories of the project overall.

I have to admit that just like the interviewer said, I’ve imagined a tour with all 6 members many times… I even thought about the ideal setlist and which girls would sing what…

Comment

Jade is so talented and such a nice and sweet person that it’s a shame she joined the band in such terms and she had to deal with the bullies and media attacks…
                                            No surprise that she doesn’t want to know anything about reuniting… She must have bad memories of the project overall.

I have to admit that just like the interviewer said, I’ve imagined a tour with all 6 members many times… I even thought about the ideal setlist and which girls would sing what…
                                            Main reason I can't support 1.0 and it doesn't feel right for me to do it because Mutya and Keisha are the reason for all that bullying that other 3 girls had to go through. Both Mutya and Keisha knew what kind of deal Sugababes had with label at the time and that they were replaceable, but they kept feeding up press, fans, trolls,everyone. They knew Heidi and Amelle had no choice but to go back with new member or all 3 would be replaced (which is why label started shooting About a Girl video with three models instead while group was breaking up). Sweet 7 era was gonna happen with them or without them, but Heidi and Amelle suck it up, went back, received all the punches undeservingly, and brand new girl, who did nothing wrong had to go all through that hate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Westen View Post

Main reason I can't support 1.0 and it doesn't feel right for me to do it because Mutya and Keisha are the reason for all that bullying that other 3 girls had to go through.
                                              What? Since when? This is just buying into all the negative press Keisha received because of reasons we all know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fan View Post

What? Since when? This is just buying into all the negative press Keisha received because of reasons we all know.
                                                Let's not erase history for obvious reasons.

Keisha was bossy because she wanted to work. She wanted success. Nothing wrong with that. But, that did make her sometimes hard to deal with. Label didn't randomly decided to break them up weeks before album release, now come on.

Both Siobhan and Mutya only changed their stories when they reuinted, so...
                                                Don't forget that Mutya said that she was actually closer to Heidi than Keisha during 2.0

Comment

• Originally posted by Westen View Post

Let's not erase history for obvious reasons.

Keisha was bossy because she wanted to work. She wanted success. Nothing wrong with that. But, that did make her sometimes hard to deal with. Label didn't randomly decided to break them up weeks before album release, now come on.

Both Siobhan and Mutya only changed their stories when they reuinted, so...
                                                  Don't forget that Mutya said that she was actually closer to Heidi than Keisha during 2.0
                                                  Isn't there being a difference between being bossy and being a bully? I'm sure Keisha was very ambitious and had an opinion and there certainly were tensions, which makes sense in a group (especially considering how incredibly young they were) but I am not buying in the whole "black angry woman" retoric the media always put her in. It's very damaging.

Comment

• Keisha was obviously a bully. Siobhan had a lot of interviews in the past where she never changed that narrative. Maybe they have moved on but it doesn't change the fact that Keisha had the worst attitude then. Maybe her eviction from the group sparked that change. She now knew how it felt to be left out.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X