• Show
Clear All

• I really hope it won't be a seated show. I need to dance and move around
    without any meaning, we're just skin and bones
    like beautiful robots dancing alone

Comment

• Originally posted by Fan View Post
      I really hope it won't be a seated show. I need to dance and move around
      Seats mean you can turn up 30 seconds before it starts, know you have a decent view and room to dance - you don’t have to actually sit on it
      Straight white men rule everything around me

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post

Seats mean you can turn up 30 seconds before it starts, know you have a decent view and room to dance - you don’t have to actually sit on it
        I know, of course But from my experience, the seated concerts are always a lot less fun. Maybe it's different in the UK, but most concerts I have been to where I had seats, people around me would be seated during the whole gig and barely move or sing a long. So I always prefer to stand as there always seems to be much more energy and fun people.

Comment

I might go - hoping it’s seated in the stalls as my ‘getting there early for a good standing view’ are well and truly over. Plus the back of the stalls, if it’s standing, is a mile from the stage.

If it’s not seated, their balcony (which will be) is pretty good on the seat side - saw Kate Bush in the same venue, though the back of the balcony is like being on the moon

But they’re worth 50 I reckon. I did see 2.0 back in 2002 performing in an ASDA car park so it’ll have been 20 years since I saw them live (I also stood side by side with Heidi at a bar once. Mistook her for someone from Atomic Kitten )
          An ASDA car park? Nuhdeen at Tesco teas.
          "You know I got the sauce, you know I'm saucy"

Comment

• Originally posted by Noahh View Post

Poor Sugababes at the cark park though! Legends Clea could perform INSIDE Asda.

Comment

• Originally posted by Noahh View Post

It was some sort of Children in Need event - I think my local Asda put on a bus and ticket combo for 6 per person (to get to the other ASDA). I remember my parents asking in store if was a real event because of the line up

I remember Sugababes, Atomic Kitten and Hear’Say, (who split soon after), but apparently Blazin Squad, Daniel Beddingfield, A1 and S Club Juniors were there too

Comment

I know, of course But from my experience, the seated concerts are always a lot less fun. Maybe it's different in the UK, but most concerts I have been to where I had seats, people around me would be seated during the whole gig and barely move or sing a long. So I always prefer to stand as there always seems to be much more energy and fun people.
                My experience of standing is people pushing forward, having no room to breathe let alone dance, and then as soon as the show starts people continuously push out to go to the bar and spill half of it (on me) trying to carry them back to their spot in the crowd.

Comment

• Sugababes - This Morning Interview (2022) - YouTube

The interview's already up! The devil works hard, but Sugababes fans work harder
                  It's great seeing them on this kind of interview again together, but my god, Holly and Phil really could not have come up with some better questions? The same old "how did you meet, you left the band, you didn't speak for years" is getting beyond boring. Not any questions about (new) music and Holly saying 'oh yeah you did a song with Amy Winehouse right? And you did something in the model industry" was just disrespectful. Do your research a bit better next time, thank you.

Comment

• I bet they are sick to the back teeth of being asked the same questions for decades. The girls were fab though. They seemed so chill and looked amazing as always!

As I’ve gotten older I’ve come to appreciate seating at gigs. The last few concerts I’ve been to I’ve had girls vomit near or on us and guys starting fights. It’s been awful.

Comment

• That's a lot more dates than I was expecting! They only did 5 or 6 when touring as MKS in 2013.

Comment

• I thought it was a good interview. They’re here trying to sell to casuals, not fans, who probably don’t know what happened in between - especially around the name. It’s over twenty years since this lineup was out there and discussing their origins hammers home the ‘original line up’ stuff.

Comment

• Straight white men rule everything around me

Comment

• But didn't they do a whole run of interviews around the MKS era on the same kind of shows with the exact same questions and answers? It must be very tiring for them, especially Siobhan, to get constantly asked about this and not focus and the positive things.

Comment

But didn't they do a whole run of interviews around the MKS era on the same kind of shows with the exact same questions and answers? It must be very tiring for them, especially Siobhan, to get constantly asked about this and not focus and the positive things.
                              Yeah, I get tired answering questions with a nine year gap in between interviews too

Comment

• But it’s practically the only interviews they’ve done and it’s always the same questions. I’m bored of it at this stage. I can only imagine how they feel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jason2379 View Post
                                  But it’s practically the only interviews they’ve done and it’s always the same questions. I’m bored of it at this stage. I can only imagine how they feel.
                                  They’ll be thrilled anyone is asking them anything!

Comment

• it's funny how i view the sugababes because all those 00s manufactured groups that do Big Reunion or try to come back together, i would never lump the sugababes in with them, they're just too cool, even for a pop band, and above all that. with the original girls, things just feel natural
                                    what's going on?

Comment

• Surely they have to be finally releasing new music . . . SURELY!!!!!

I was excited when Flatline was released, been waiting for more for the past 9 years

Comment

• Yeah I’m kinda bothered no new music has been announced.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jason2379 View Post
                                          Yeah I’m kinda bothered no new music has been announced.
                                          I think it’s coming - if this was a straight up greatest hits tour, you’d think they’d use that in their tour branding.

Comment

• I'm expecing/hoping for an digital EP release with some MKS stuff in the coming months and new material next year.

Comment

I'm expecing/hoping for an digital EP release with some MKS stuff in the coming months and new material next year.
                                              MKS stuff makes sense for 2022, as they probably need the tour as an injection of funds to keep going. The MKS era probably hit them financially, considering none of the music was released and they didn’t get to tour (beyond a few small re-introduction shows).

Comment

MKS stuff makes sense for 2022, as they probably need the tour as an injection of funds to keep going. The MKS era probably hit them financially, considering none of the music was released and they didn’t get to tour (beyond a few small re-introduction shows).
                                                Yes, I really wonder how the business deals work for them. Polydor signed them in 2012 (I believe?) with a 1 million pound deal, which probably went all into the recordings of the MKS material as they worked with some of the hottest producers and people around the time (MNEK, Naughty Boy, Xenomania, Emeli Sande, Blood Orange). I have always found it weird how quickly everything stopped after Flatline underperformed, it would have made more sense to do a low-key or even digital only release to earn some of that back, right? Especially on Polydor's part.

Flatline is being credited under their name now on Spotify though, instead of Polydor which gives me the impression they bought back the rights from Polydor and more things will be happening with the material.

Comment

Flatline is being credited under their name now on Spotify though, instead of Polydor which gives me the impression they bought back the rights from Polydor and more things will be happening with the material.
                                                  Looking on Spotify, Flatline is copyright ‘2013 Sugababes’ suggesting they licensed the music to Polydor rather than selling the masters to them? So hopefully they owned the full album and possibly they needed to wait for the licensing deal to expire before they could release it.

I just don’t think the three of them could afford to buy back their masters because really, they haven’t worked in a decade.

Comment

Looking on Spotify, Flatline is copyright ‘2013 Sugababes’ suggesting they licensed the music to Polydor rather than selling the masters to them? So hopefully they owned the full album and possibly they needed to wait for the licensing deal to expire before they could release it.

I just don’t think the three of them could afford to buy back their masters because really, they haven’t worked in a decade.
                                                    I wonder as I just checked in my iTunes as back when I bought it in 2013, it had a copyright by Polydor which gives the impression they were in control of the masters? I totally agree that it would seem strange how they could afford to buy the masters but who knows. It has always seemed like Keisha did some good investments back in the day.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X