No announcement yet.

Cher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cher posted a cool family pic w/ her mom, son and his wife but forgets to crop first

C h e r
    51 singles on Billboard Hot100~Top 10 albums in 5 decades~110+ million records sold
    Oscar~Grammy~Emmy~Golden Globe winner
    Touring force
    Legend

Comment

• Cher's mum is irrationally youthful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne
        Cher's mum is irrationally youthful.
        Yeah she is Cher inherited so much from her!
        Love their duet from Georgia's debut album
        [youtube:33kqdsvp]prOKJg_7C4I[/youtube:33kqdsvp]
        C h e r
        51 singles on Billboard Hot100~Top 10 albums in 5 decades~110+ million records sold
        Touring force
        Legend

Comment

• Here's the latest New York Post article about the Cher musical!

A Cher musical could land on Broadway soon

This is one Broadway show that’s bound to have a very large costume budget: “Cher: The Musical.”

The pop icon tweeted a few years ago that she wanted to do a show about her life. She met with veteran musical-theater writer Rick Elice to discuss some ideas. All went quiet, until this week.

On Thursday, Elice will present the first draft of his script to the show’s producers — Jeffrey Seller, riding high these days on “Hamilton,” and the fabulously named Flody Suarez, an old-time television producer who persuaded Cher to do the musical in the first place.

“They may pack me in a van and have me carted away when they see what I’ve done with her life,” says Elice. “Or I’ll start doing what [“Gypsy” writer] Arthur Laurents always said about musicals, ‘They don’t get written. They get rewritten.’?”

Elice is due to present his script to Cher herself on May 20, which happens to be her 70th birthday.

“I’ll be sharing with Cher, if you will,” he says.

Elice is determined not to do a standard biomusical, though he’s no slouch in that department. He and writer Marshall Brickman did pretty well with “Jersey Boys,” the Four Seasons bio that’s been running at the August Wilson Theatre since 2005.

The problem with Cher, Elice says, is that her “life is so wildly documented. There is not much we don’t know about her. I was not a fanatical Cher fan, but when I started working on this show I was surprised at how much I knew.”

Sources say the musical will take audiences through Cher’s life as a child, as the wife of Sonny Bono, and as the woman who finds success — and legendary status — on her own.

Three different actresses will play her at these three points in her life.

All will have long legs.

At one point, there was talk of Cher appearing in the show at the very end as herself today, but I’m told that’s probably not going to happen.

Her life is certainly big enough for a Broadway musical. The former Cherilyn Sarkisian LaPiere was born near Los Angeles, where her mother struggled to be an actress while waiting tables (shades of “Gypsy” here, I wonder?). The family moved around a lot, and never had much money. At one point, Cher wound up in an orphanage (“Annie”?).

From an early age, Cher knew she wanted to be famous. She was working as a backup singer in Los Angeles when she met Sonny Bono, also a struggling singer, in 1962. They clawed their way to the top, eventually creating TV’s fabulous “The Sonny & Cher Comedy Hour.”

That part of the musical could have shades of “Dreamgirls” about it.

After the marriage ended in a bitter 1975 divorce, Cher reinvented herself, first as a solo singer, then as an actress. Her breakthrough on that front came from when she appeared on Broadway in 1982’s “Come Back to the 5 and Dime, Jimmy Dean, Jimmy Dean.” Mike Nichols saw her and cast her in “Silkwood,” which began the next phase of her career: movie stardom.

(Little known fact: “Jimmy Dean” was the only time Cher appeared on Broadway. But her close friend, David Geffen, at one point urged her to play Grizabella in “Cats,” which he produced with the Shuberts.)

“Cher: The Musical” — that’s the working title only, people — will touch on all these aspects of her life, along with her hits: “I Got You Babe,” “Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves,” “Take Me Home,” “Believe,” “If I Could Turn Back Time.”

“So far, I’ve been working on this by myself — well, me and iTunes,” says Elice.

He put the show aside last year to take care of his husband, the great Roger Rees, who was fighting brain cancer. Rees died in July 2015. Three months later, Cher called. She suggested they start working again and invited him to spend time with her in California.

Says Elice: “I thought, if Roger were here, the first thing he’d say is, ‘Get on the plane and go to Cher’s house already!’ I mean, if you’re going to rejoin the human race, why not do it with Cher?”

http://nypost.com/2016/04/19/a-cher-...site%20buttons
          WOW can't wait!!!
          C h e r
          Touring force
          Legend

Comment

• Sick. I need this.

Comment

• wow, Elijah Blue is looking hot... thank god he got over his little emo rock star wannabe look
              My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

Comment

• Originally posted by NothingFails
                wow, Elijah Blue is looking hot... thank god he got over his little emo rock star wannabe look
                yeah he does! but he was in a rock band for many years hence the image...

Anyway, ABC News talked about the Cher Musical today, so exciting!!!

[youtube:1707rbds]Lkl1-wO1QJ0[/youtube:1707rbds]

C h e r
                Touring force
                Legend

Comment

• Yesterday Cher and her mom shot a scene for a 'video 4 First Lady'. Wonder what's that about - M.Obama's charity single video??

C h e r
                  Touring force
                  Legend

Comment

• Another still from the video!
                    C h e r
                    Touring force
                    Legend

Comment

• Cher's late 70s/early 80s Vegas show was so amazing!
                      She was really ahead of her time, pop girls are doing these things today - riding mechanical bulls and whatnot, basically they are all just building upon Cher's work

[youtube:2dxj2ewe]Ir_nh0uyy_I[/youtube:2dxj2ewe]
                      C h e r
                      Touring force
                      Legend

Comment

• true, everything was better back then
                        I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• Originally posted by Erotica
                          true, everything was better back then
                          well, maybe not everything, but music for sure
                          C h e r
                          Touring force
                          Legend

Comment

• As Cher's 70th b-day is approaching, here are some of the best (imo) moments from her 50+ year career starting with this 1966 performance of 'Little Man':
                            [youtube:2zhi4wil]TMaW9xmuhg0[/youtube:2zhi4wil]
                            C h e r
                            Touring force
                            Legend

Comment

• 'Sunny' on French TV, 1967
                              [youtube:2qnpid8c]ynImqYDtpE0[/youtube:2qnpid8c]
                              C h e r
                              Touring force
                              Legend

Comment

• Anyone who's on twitter & wants 2 wish Cher a happy b-day on May 20th, use this hashtag #HappyBirthdayCher

C h e r
                                Touring force
                                Legend

Comment

• Comment

• ^LOL seen it so many times on twitter and fb & it's always funny!
                                    C h e r
                                    Touring force
                                    Legend

Comment

• Cher's song from the 1968 'Backstage' album 'It All Adds Up Now' is featured in the new TV ad for NatWest!

[youtubeynmlz8e]kCkhG0fc0lc[/youtubeynmlz8e]
                                      C h e r
                                      Touring force
                                      Legend

Comment

• They also used the 1966 hit 'Little Man' in the Amazon ad a few months ago - so cute! It got the song on Shazam UK top 100 & was inside UK iTunes top400 for several weeks!
                                        [youtube:1no6ke4m]pDVdEAt1oog[/youtube:1no6ke4m]
                                        C h e r
                                        Touring force
                                        Legend

Comment

• I've thought anout making a change.org campaign to get Cher to digitally remaster her 70's warner bros albums and at least release them digitally and on streaming platforms.

I want Stars, I'd Rather Believe and Cherished digitally remastered.
                                          “B**** come here! B**** come here! B**** come here!”

“I’m staying right here.”

Comment

• Actually "Stars" remaster is coming out in June
                                            jio CHARTS NOW: 5/7//2022: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...4#post10956364

Comment

• Originally posted by jio
                                              Actually "Stars" remaster is coming out in June

WHAT? Link please

The Gay Gods are real
                                              I've been praying to our lord Hail Unicorn for this for years
                                              “B**** come here! B**** come here! B**** come here!”

“I’m staying right here.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikerocha
                                                Originally posted by jio

WHAT? Link please

The Gay Gods are real
                                                http://www.binge-music.com/?product=cher-stars

Comment

• Yeah with 3 bonus tracks too
                                                  -A Woman's Story
                                                  -Baby I Love You
                                                  -A Love Like Yours (duet with Nilsson)

It's by a new company they only have 5 albums in their catalogue, all coming out in June and this is one of them. I only know it because I am interested in another one and I ordered it even though it kinda looks risky ordering by a company with just 5 titles. However it says licenced from Isis Productions which is Cher's company so it looks legit
                                                  jio CHARTS NOW: 5/7//2022: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...4#post10956364

Comment

• Originally posted by Debs_Wild
                                                    Originally posted by Mikerocha
                                                    Originally posted by jio

WHAT? Link please

The Gay Gods are real
                                                    http://www.binge-music.com/?product=cher-stars
                                                    Oh yeah I forgot the link lol thanks Debs

Comment

Working...
                                                    X