No announcement yet.

Cher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My favorite 70s albums are "GT&T', 'Dark Lady' and 'Take Me Home'! The Cher-written 'My Song (Too Far Gone)' is amazing!
    C h e r
    51 singles on Billboard Hot100~Top 10 albums in 5 decades~110+ million records sold
    Oscar~Grammy~Emmy~Golden Globe winner
    Touring force
    Legend

Comment

• Legends!
      C h e r
      51 singles on Billboard Hot100~Top 10 albums in 5 decades~110+ million records sold
      Touring force
      Legend

Comment

• Why is CTTT not on Apple Music tf
        Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• lmao
          C h e r
          Touring force
          Legend

Comment

• Flashback: Cher Pens Kurt Cobain Tribute Song ‘The Fall (Kurt’s Blues)’

Cher had been performing since the mid-Sixties, but before 1994, she had never written her own music. That changed when she heard the news of Kurt Cobain’s death in April of that year.

“You know, I don’t know any of his music,” she told Rolling Stone in 2000. “And I don’t know how I was impacted; I only know I woke up one morning and Courtney Love was reading his suicide note on MTV, and I just felt bad. I didn’t even know him. I remember my son was really upset about his death, and just something about his suicide note made me feel bad for him. I just thought it was a weird thing that she was reading the note, which was something that was really private, over the TV.”

o she wrote a poem, something she had been doing for years, and brought it to a songwriters’ workshop at Miles Copeland III’s castle in France. The poem turned into a song, a grunge-pop power ballad titled “The Fall (Kurt’s Blues)” that pairs Cher’s emotional tribute to the late star with a hollow, rainy guitar riff reminiscent of Nirvana’s “Come as You Are.” During the workshop, she penned seven more songs that wouldn’t come out until 2000, on the internet-only release not.com.mercial, named so because when she originally presented the material to her label, they declined to release it for exactly reason.

The lyrics are a careful meditation on idolatry and isolation, with Cher writing from her own experience as a star. “But my heart has run on empty/Since I heard the ****in’ news/We’re a heartless, godless culture/We’d walk nowhere in your shoes,” she belts toward the end of the song. “Well the good news if there’s any/Is you ever lived at all/But our country kills its heroes/We just raise them for the fall.”

In an odd twist, Cobain had paid his own tribute to Cher years prior when he sampled “Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves” in “Montage of Heck,” a 1988 collage of songs he recorded on cassette that wouldn’t be released until 2014.

Of course, in the six years between Cher writing “The Fall” and finally releasing it, she staged one of pop’s most historic comebacks with the 1998 LP Believe and single of the same name. The album brought her to new heights, so it was odd for her to even release not.com.mercial, but Cher did it for her loyal fans and never considered it to be an official follow-up to Believe (that would come in 2001 with Living Proof). Let’s hope Cher has checked out at least a couple Nirvana songs in the time since.

C h e r
            Touring force
            Legend

Comment

• ^Nice to see this article and that the Rolling Stone is acknowledging Cher's writing skills, not.com.mercial is a great album!
              C h e r
              Touring force
              Legend

Comment

• That song always made me feel so sad.. It's so deep and her voice.. Not only she is a great singer, but also a great story-teller.

Comment

• C h e r
                  Touring force
                  Legend

Comment

• Wow!! That's so fast! Wish Cher was releasing the albums that fast, lol

Comment

• Cher on Fallon Tonight!

So, Cher is going to appear on the Jimmy Fallon Show for the first time!
                      The Tonight Show takeover will be dedicated to Cher herself.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...keover-819525/

Last edited by edrouge96; Tue April 9, 2019, 16:12.

Comment

• ^ amazing!!!
                        C h e r
                        Touring force
                        Legend

Comment

• C h e r
                          Touring force
                          Legend

Comment

• Have to say that I'm not familiar with Reba's music, but I guess it would be a fun collab if it happens...
                            C h e r
                            Touring force
                            Legend

Comment

• Yay, another award for Cher!
                              C h e r
                              Touring force
                              Legend

Comment

• C h e r
                                Touring force
                                Legend

Comment

• ^
                                  A great date to celebrate!

Comment

• In three days, on April 15, Cher will take over the Jimmy Fallon Show and Today Show will share the new interview with her!
                                    Seems like the promotion 'The Cher Show' needed.

Last edited by edrouge96; Fri April 12, 2019, 00:56.

Comment

• "The Tonight Show" is hosting a full episode, performance-packed Cher fest. Fans will be treated to live performances of "Turn Back Time" and "You Haven't Seen the Last of Me" by Cher herself, a priceless treat for the studio audience at 30 Rock. Stephanie J. Block, Teal Wicks, and Micaela Diamond, the stars of the Broadway musical about her life and career, The Cher Show, will also be in attendance and performing with Cher.

Really, hope this is true!

Comment

• ^it has been reported by several websites so it looks like it’s official press release. Can’t wait!
                                        C h e r
                                        Touring force
                                        Legend

Comment

• C h e r
                                          Touring force
                                          Legend

Comment

• LOVED this! Her voice is still so strong!
                                            C h e r
                                            Touring force
                                            Legend

Comment

• She has the voice we can only admire. The incomparable. Who else is that powerful and everlasting?

Comment

• Comment

• ^lmao
                                                  C h e r
                                                  Touring force
                                                  Legend

Comment

• This is awesome!
                                                    C h e r
                                                    Touring force
                                                    Legend

Comment

Working...
                                                    X