No announcement yet.

Björk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Her new performances (joolsH) were just amazing , she's like years away from everyone else

Comment

• A nice nostalgic career retrospective : Björk is reissuing all her albums on limited edition colour cassettes! ☺

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nme...te-2461921/amp

Comment

• Originally posted by Aremee View Post
        A nice nostalgic career retrospective : Björk is reissuing all her albums on limited edition colour cassettes! ☺

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nme...te-2461921/amp
        I want them all hahaha

Comment

• I was checking out some of her products today and is it just me or have all of her releases been marked a higher price these days? i mean when did she become a kinda premium/expensive-like artist? I mean most physical products are not that expensive unless it's something xtra special. I think maybe some of her stuff is out of print so somethin'

Comment

• Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post
            I was checking out some of her products today and is it just me or have all of her releases been marked a higher price these days? i mean when did she become a kinda premium/expensive-like artist? I mean most physical products are not that expensive unless it's something xtra special. I think maybe some of her stuff is out of print so somethin'
            I had a quick look on Amazon and for some reason all the higher prices come up first but further down they are all at what I would call ‘normal’ prices. Were you looking for something specific? Bjork is another of my favourite artists
            It might sound like I'm an unapologetic bitch
            But sometimes you know I gotta call it like it is

Comment

• ^I love her! nah I was just looking around is all

Comment

• We need to talk about her music though, now that ya'll racked this up;)
                Favorite albums?

I've yet to discover a lot of her music, but "Vulnicura" & "Utopia" have been on my playlist for YEARS now, still discovering those albums.
                "Black lake" is one of the best music videos I've ever seen and heard.

I love how 'Vulnicura' is about her heartbreak (chestwound) while 'Utopia' covers the aftermath where she's healing and learning to love again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                  We need to talk about her music though, now that ya'll racked this up;)
                  Favorite albums?
                  I'm pretty much a basic fan of her 90s output so I guess there's no surprises here hehe:

1.Post /Telegram
                  2.Homogenic
                  3. Debut
                  4.Vespertine
                  5.Selmasongs
                  6.Utopia
                  6. Vulnicura
                  7.Biophilia
                  7.Volta
                  8. Medulla

I do think that as a whole, Vespertine is her best album, but I just happen to like Post better. And I love her mixes on Telegram, I used to play them a lot

Comment

• I couldn’t rank all of them right now but this is definitely my Top 3:

1. Vespertine
                    2. Homogenic
                    3. Medùlla

These masterpieces can’t be touched by anything else in her discography in my opinion.

I can also say that "Volta" and "Biophilia" are my least favorites and I‘ll probably never listen to them again.
                    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• I forgot how much I loved "Debut". Now THAT was a classic. The remix album is amazing as well.
                      Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post
                        I'm pretty much a basic fan of her 90s output so I guess there's no surprises here hehe:
                        Same here. The first 3 or possibly 4 albums were probably her most accessible to the general population. 'Debut' still gives me goosebumps even when I listen to it all these years later. For a casual listener 'Debut', 'Post', 'Homogenic' and 'Vespertine' may be as far as they get. She's already becoming quite experimental by this stage. I do love the later albums very much for this reason, she's fusing all sorts of sounds and visuals, and continues to evolve. It's amazing to experience and quite a privilege as her work is often deeply personal.

I'm not going to give a ranking as for me, comparing her albums is like comparing apples with oranges
                        It might sound like I'm an unapologetic bitch
                        But sometimes you know I gotta call it like it is

Comment

• Okay this is my ranking:

1. Vespertine
                          2. Homogenic
                          3. Medùlla
                          4. Debut
                          5. Vulnicura

6. Post
                          7. Utopia

8. Biophilia

9. Volta

Comment

• New remix of Fever Ray's “This Country”

>>>>>>>>>>> LAST.FM <<<<<<<<<

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonathan View Post
                              New remix of Fever Ray's “This Country”

W-what...I-

Mummy I‘m scared. I imagine this is what hell sounds like wtf.

Comment

New remix of Fever Ray's “This Country”

utterly garbage

Comment

• So now she’s releasing 500 posters of each of her album covers which were "remastered and enhanced" and they only cost £64.99 I feel so bad for her hardcore fans

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6LnXcRH...=1b9rrx2cvmbhb

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                                    So now she’s releasing 500 posters of each of her album covers which were "remastered and enhanced" and they only cost £64.99 I feel so bad for her hardcore fans

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6LnXcRH...=1b9rrx2cvmbhb
                                    that's quite a lot for something I could get done by myself for very little hahaha

Comment

• Björk Announces Orchestral Tour

Last year saw Björk debut her stunning “Cornucopia” show, and now she has another unique live experience in the works. The Icelandic experimental artist has announced a limited run “Björk Orchestral” tour set for this summer.

Taking place throughout July, the European trek will see Björk performing classical acoustic arrangements “of works so far,” according to a tour poster. It launches on the 2nd in Moscow before heading on to Helsinki, Berlin, and a two-night stint in Paris. The tour technically warps at Cheshire, England’s Bluedot Festival, during which Björk perform with Manchester’s legendary Halle Symphony Orchestra.

Tickets go on sale Friday, February 28th and will be available via Ticketmaster. You can also check here for tickets to all of Björk’s scheduled concerts.

If you can’t make it across the Atlantic to check out the orchestral shows, you could always stop by New York City’s Sister City hotel to hear Björk’s Microsoft A.I.-assisted lobby score. Or for a taste of her stage grandeur, you can see what her costumer designer Edda Gudmundsdottir does with the upcoming “Scooby-Doo! And the Lost City of Gold” touring stage spectacular.

Björk 2020 Tour Dates:
                                      07/02 – Moscow, RU @ Crocus Music Hall
                                      07/06 – Helsinki, FI @ Hartwall Arena
                                      07/09 – Berlin, DE @ Waldbühne Open Air
                                      07/17 – Paris, FR @ Siene Musicale
                                      07/20 – Paris, FR @ Siene Musicale
                                      07/26 – Cheshire, UK @ Bluedot Festival
                                      >>>>>>>>>>> LAST.FM <<<<<<<<<

Comment

• btw guys, some of her videos have been uploaded over these last few weeks to YT but now in HD for all to enjoy! :

Comment

I hope she adds more dates in other countries like Spain or Portugal

Comment

• Pitchfork has reviewed Post

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/bjork-post/

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
                                              a 10
                                              Can't say i don't agree but have they ever given a 10 to any album?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post

a 10
                                                Can't say i don't agree but have they ever given a 10 to any album?
                                                They don't give it to newer albums, but they hand it out in these retrospective reviews. They have handed out 113 10/10 scores. You can check them all out here:

https://www.albumoftheyear.org/ratin...st-rated/all/1
                                                I have received many gifts from God,
                                                but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post

They don't give it to newer albums, but they hand it out in these retrospective reviews. They have handed out 113 10/10 scores. You can check them all out here:

https://www.albumoftheyear.org/ratin...st-rated/all/1
                                                  Three Joni's in there

Anyway, it's been a while since I listened to "Post", giving it a spin later.

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
                                                    She has like 5 albums that are better than "Post" but then again her entire discography (except for that awful mistake "Volta") is brilliant.

Time to bring back this gem:

Last edited by JeremySpears; Sun March 8th, 2020, 17:04.

Comment

• Post is one of her best. My favs are Post, Vespertine, Medulla and Vulnicura

Comment

• My Fovorites are: Vespertine, Homogenic, Post, Medulla, Selmasongs and Debut!

Comment

• Originally posted by acrolyu View Post
                                                          My Fovorites are: Vespertine, Homogenic, Post, Medulla, Selmasongs and Debut!
                                                          So glad to see you mention Selmasongs, it gets really overlooked because it's a soundtrack.
                                                          I have received many gifts from God,
                                                          but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• I still haven't heard her entire discography but from what I know my faves are:
                                                            Vespertine
                                                            Biophilia
                                                            Vulnicura
                                                            And yes, Utopia. My most played Bjork album actually.

Comment

• I love Selmasongs, but the film is a difficult one to watch

everytime some is like: .... Bjork who? I go : you know, Rattle, clang, crack, thud, whack, bam! ; hmmm the one with swan dress? and then I realize I don't wanna explain anymore and this person doesn't deserve it hahaha

Comment

Working...
                                                              X