• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys I will review it right after watchint

And,i really enjoyed reading those posts from you
    Pleasure over matter.

Comment

Great RaFanatic.

So what do you guys think? Which is a better duet?

With Anthony Hegarty on 'Dull Flame Of Desire' or Thom Yorke on 'I've Seen It All'?

Comment

Originally posted by skapunk
        With Anthony Hegarty on 'Dull Flame Of Desire' or Thom Yorke on 'I've Seen It All'?
        They are both outstanding.

Next I would be excited if she did a collaboration with Philip Glass, in the same direction as

Knee Play 3
        Lightning
        last.fm
        Chun's monthly most listened

Comment

Originally posted by Vindrag
          "...eeeh the air pressure forces the molecules? to go tiny..."

I consider Volta + Vespertine & Medúlla to be, from several perspectives/views superior to the first three albums
          Agreed. And agreed that you have to be prepared for them by the first three albums, as skapunk pointed out.

..and life's too short to be NOT discussing Björk. So keep posting right here!
          last.fm

Comment

Both tracks I love but I chose Thom Yorke mostly cause his and Björks interaction feels almost impulsive (natural) and they're expressing on similar level of emotions - perfection!?

I enjoy Anthony even more on the ending Volta track, ´My Juvenile´, as DFOD might be me least favourite (altough still being a great track) - I dont experience their interaction as being performed together.

Instead the Modeselektor Remix For Boys topped my personal chart, instead of the original!

I love how there's finally some life in one of my favoruite artists threads, everyone in here is awesome!!!!!
            Luc

I have hatred towards the entire world,
            and you are no exception

Comment

chun1702, Medulla videos are easily one of her best. Oceania, Where Is The Line?, Who Is It and Triumph Of A Heart are just artistic best.
              I love the Triumph Of A Heart video. I love the pub scene in the middle when they make those noises, and the funny dance at the end. And yeah, an extra was used for that falling scene, just for your information.
              Yeah, after screaming out loud I reasoned "could be she didn't do this herself". Thank you, skapunk, I am relieved now.

Theee triumph of a heaaaart
              that gives aaall
              That gives aaall

Now I am going for the other Medúlla videos. Oceania is next.
              last.fm

Comment

The Oceania video is beautiful, stylish, artistic + an endless list of other positive adjectives!!

You guys should get the Medúlla Documentary Dvd - it's very fascinating to hear how the album came to be such a innovative/original compilation of the voice.

Desired Constellation
                Luc

and you are no exception

Comment

...just discovered this page. I'll watch all those videos!!!

http://www.icelandicmusic.com/Music/Artist/2955/bjork/
                  last.fm

Comment

The Oceania video is beautiful, stylish, artistic + an endless list of other positive adjectives!!

You guys should get the Medúlla Documentary Dvd - it's very fascinating to hear how the album came to be such a innovative/original compilation of the voice.

Desired Constellation
                    Yes! Oceania video is beautiful. Amazing animation work there. I am also very enchanted by the strange video of 'Nature Is Ancient'.

I would love to get the DVD. Medulla's strength lies in how is was made. Just so raw and skillful. Only Bjork can carry off an album just on her (and other's) voice.

I agree with both of you, chun1702, both DFOD and ISIA are incredible, but I also agree with Vindrag, ISIA is better. Yorke and Bjork share an amazing chemistry. I secretly wish they both divorce their respective spouses and get together and make amazing music for the rest of their lives. Full of love and compassion. But yes, obviously in the next birth, she is going to be my wife.

I love this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by chun1702
                      "...eeeh the air pressure forces the molecules? to go tiny..."

Correction. Its...

"...eeeh the airrr prrresurre forrces the molecules? to go tiny..."

I love her "R"s..

Comment

Correction. Its...

"...eeeh the airrr prrresurre forrces the molecules? to go tiny..."

I love her "R"s..
                        I also love her pronounciation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj76IdQFzU8
                        at 3:00 minutes

"I'm not surrrrrre [...] sevenhundrred meterrrs of fabrrrric."
                        last.fm

Comment

Loved that video. Hilarious! I can listen to her talk the whole day.

Anyways, can anyone explain me what does she mean by this line in 'Oceania'?

"Your sweat is salty, I am why."

Comment

Anyways, can anyone explain me what does she mean by this line in 'Oceania'?

"Your sweat is salty, I am why."
                            I never really pay attention to lyrics.
                            After I read them maybe the sweat of humans is salty because humans came out of the (salty) ocean in an evolutionary perspective. So mother Oceania is the reason why our sweat is salty.

Any other interpretations?
                            last.fm

Comment

I am not really sure about what it means. But your interpretation seems pretty accurate. Thanks chun.

'All Neon Like' is so incredible, haunting, hypnotizing, enchanting, captivating, catchy and infectious. LOL, my vocabulary just went crazy there.

Comment

If I were to make a psychedelic horror movie, I would definitely shoot the climax with 'Pluto' in the background. Man! That song is intense and hard! Freaky,scary yeah. I love how she makes you feel so many things. Sorrow, happiness, fear, love, warmth, lust...

Comment

I say this for the last time, but you get me to demand a new Björk album soon! Want to experience all that again as you're go through now, a jungle of emotions. To listen to a new Björk song is like throwing dice in the game Jumanji!

All Neon Like is one of the very, very few tracks that doesnt move me to another dimension, there is potential there, but it lacks something on the way, unfortunately!

Pluto on the other hand, is a masterpiece! Used to imagine a rape-scenario in the screaming crescendo! Painful! Have you ever seen Björk live? I did it in 2008, more than once. I went to Blackpool (England), Zambujiera Do Mar (Portugal), Riga (Latvia) and a visit to Spain, but I cant remember the name of the "village", however, and Helsinki (Finland) - but she canceled the show (and I was there with my brother, his wife and my girl) :(!

She performed Hyperballad (in it's masterful remix) and Pluto together, just like in this video, amazing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can not describe how crazy she made us all!!!!!!
                                  Luc

and you are no exception

Comment

PS. I love the quote you're using from I've Seen It All!!
                                    Luc

and you are no exception

Comment

You're so lucky to have seen her that many times! Well, not lucky, you deserved it since you traveled so much for it! I hate to say this, but I am jealous.

The very idea of seeing her live, makes me shiver with excitement already. I mean, it would've been such a captivating event! I can imagine getting into a celestial trance where I feel so free and liberated. I wish I am able to see her live once before I die. I will be moving to the U.S after 4 years, so maybe I might be able to see her. Hopefully.

Your ideas about Pluto are really scary, but I don't blame you. Its Bjork who uproots and exposes our imaginations and thoughts.

Even though I have a lot more to explore about her, I also want a new album. It would just add another dimension to my spiritual expansion.

And thank you. I love those lines from I've Seen It All.

Comment

And Vindrag, I know its a cruel thing to ask for, but if I ask you to rank Kate Bush, Björk, M.I.A. and Ciara, how would you?

Comment

And Vindrag, I know its a cruel thing to ask for, but if I ask you to rank Kate Bush, Björk, M.I.A. and Ciara, how would you?
                                          I like Ciara, and I think she's talented, but she's kinda the odd one out in that list
                                          But I believe in peace!

Comment

Originally posted by taxi
                                            I like Ciara, and I think she's talented, but she's kinda the odd one out in that list
                                            I know! That's why I directed that question at Vindrag. He loves Ciara, along with all those ladies!

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OquMlYFtnE&fmt=18

Would love her to go this direction in her 7th album. Well it is a bit dull, but you could arrange much better songs like this.
                                              last.fm

Comment

Did someone see Drawing Restraint 9 and do you like the soundtrack? I'm not into this right now. Barely listened to anything from this.
                                                last.fm

Comment

Originally posted by chun1702
                                                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OquMlYFtnE&fmt=18

Would love her to go this direction in her 7th album. Well it is a bit dull, but you could arrange much better songs like this.
                                                  Nice song! But you know, she has gone in that direction already. That songs is very Medulla-ish.

Yes, the Drawing Restraint 9 sountrack, I am not very fond of it either. Though I liked Ambergis March, that album is way too Japanese for me. Works well when you just want to fill your room with some soothing sounds. But yeah, Holographic Entrypoint is MEH!

Comment

I know! That's why I directed that question at Vindrag. He loves Ciara, along with all those ladies!
                                                    There's nothing cruel about your question!

1. Kate Bush
                                                    2. Björk
                                                    3. Tori Amos
                                                    4. Goldfrapp
                                                    5. Ciara

I guess those are the list of my female artists.
                                                    Your's top 5? No Doubt/Gwen Stefani topping Björk??
                                                    Luc

and you are no exception

Comment

And skapunk: I hope you'll be able to see her if she tours with her next album, I'm positive she'll do some UK shows, at least.

Here's the video I intended to post above, with Hyperballad (remix) + Pluto from her Volta tour, an incredible experience!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4X9uQ1hEjmA

@chun!!!
                                                      Drawing Restraint is better than Selmasongs, in my opinion - why dont you guys like it that much??

Hopefully we'll get a new Björk album in 2011, and a new Kate Bush album as well - both of them releasing the same year - HISTORY!
                                                      Luc

and you are no exception

Comment

There are some Björk songs I like on first listen and some that need more listenings, like the albums Vespertine, Medúlla and Volta as a whole, because I expected something else. For me this is a characteristic trait of Björks work, because she is so different. Some songs bring too many new things at once to me and carry emotions I am not up to at the moment.

Tracks I instantly adored:

Human Behaviour
                                                        There's More To Life Than This
                                                        Big Time Sensuality
                                                        One Day
                                                        Come To Me
                                                        Violently Happy
                                                        Play Dead
                                                        Army Of Me
                                                        Hyper Ballad
                                                        It's Oh So Quiet
                                                        Isobel
                                                        Hunter
                                                        Bachelorette
                                                        I've Seen It All
                                                        Aurora
                                                        Heirloom
                                                        Oceania
                                                        Triumph Of A Heart
                                                        Earth Intruders
                                                        Wanderlust
                                                        The Dull Flame Of Desire
                                                        Declare Independence

Tracks I appreciated later:

The Modern Things
                                                        Enjoy
                                                        Headphones
                                                        Jóga
                                                        Unravel
                                                        Five Years
                                                        Immature
                                                        Alarm Call
                                                        Pluto
                                                        All Is Full Of Love
                                                        Cvalda
                                                        Scatterheart
                                                        In The Musicals
                                                        107 Steps
                                                        Hidden Place
                                                        Cocoon
                                                        Undo
                                                        Pagan Poetry
                                                        Frosti
                                                        An Echo, A Stain
                                                        Pleasure Is All Mine
                                                        Where Is The Line
                                                        Innocence

I hope Drawing Restraint belongs to the latter ones.
                                                        last.fm

Comment

There's nothing cruel about your question!

1. Kate Bush
                                                          2. Björk
                                                          3. Tori Amos
                                                          4. Goldfrapp
                                                          5. Ciara

I guess those are the list of my female artists.
                                                          Your's top 5? No Doubt/Gwen Stefani topping Björk??
                                                          Oh, I see. The way you stanned in the Ciara thread, I thought she would be above Björk.

For me,

1. Sade
                                                          2. Björk
                                                          3. Kate Bush
                                                          4. M.I.A
                                                          5. Gwen Stefani/Dido

Comment

And skapunk: I hope you'll be able to see her if she tours with her next album, I'm positive she'll do some UK shows, at least.
                                                            I would want her to do shows in the US, just like the Volta era. There is no way I would be going to UK anytime. But I am surely moving to the US after some years. So hoping to see her there.

But Drawing Restraint better than Selmasongs?????

Comment

@chun!

Great to see that list. You are reacting to her music just as everyone is expected to. Debut, Post and Homogenic are her most instant albums. Once you really get the hang of them, you start 'getting' V.M.V..and then you will love the latter three forever.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X