No announcement yet.

Björk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love Selmasong and Dancer in the Dark!

Comment

• Dancer in the Dark is so terribly sad. I can’t watch it again.
      Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• I remember that I went to see dancer in de dark with a friend and at the end of the movie she cried and got angry, she told me that you brought me to see something so sad !!

Comment

• A very good friend and I have done Diva Movie Night for years and I keep putting off Dancer in the Dark for fear that my very empathic friend will be destroyed by it. But they do appreciate original and unique art-house films and Dancer is definitely that, so it may be time to revisit it.

I do remember preferring the film versions of the songs to their Selmasongs counterparts for a variety of reasons. "I've Seen It All" has a more dynamic mix in the film than the more muted Thom Yorke duet, where its train-track sampling beat gets buried by the orchestra. But I do think the album is a worthy entry in Björk's orchestral cannon, rounded out by Homogenic, Vespertine and Vulnicura
          The sands of time fade into dark
          Feel your pulse it's groove o'clock
          A message to madness
          Feel music that's realness

Comment

• Originally posted by NormiMalone View Post
            A very good friend and I have done Diva Movie Night for years and I keep putting off Dancer in the Dark for fear that my very empathic friend will be destroyed by it. But they do appreciate original and unique art-house films and Dancer is definitely that, so it may be time to revisit it.
            I love that movie and have seen it twice, but I don't know if I have it in me for a rewatch, even though I've last seen it probably 10 years ago. And I don't go recommending it to anyone. If it pops up in a conversation (and surprisingly it happens from time to time) I will always say that I think it's a brilliant movie, but I won't say "You must watch it.". The movie definitely has a lot of life and joy draining experience, even though I'm usually hardly moved by things.
            I have received many gifts from God,
            but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post
              I love Selmasongs, but the film is a difficult one to watch

everytime some is like: .... Bjork who? I go : you know, Rattle, clang, crack, thud, whack, bam! ; hmmm the one with swan dress? and then I realize I don't wanna explain anymore and this person doesn't deserve it hahaha
              Cvalda is not more well-known than It’s Oh So Quiet, unfortunately.

Comment

• Queen
                Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Björk's full discography comes to Bandcamp; Proceeds being donated to Black Lives Matter UK
                  >>>>>>>>>>> LAST.FM <<<<<<<<<

Comment

• I love her.
                    Gone.

Comment

• Björk Orkestral – Live From Reykjavík

http://icelandairwaves.is/bjork/

Comment

Working...
                      X