• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pitchfork has reviewed Post

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/bjork-post/

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
      a 10
      Can't say i don't agree but have they ever given a 10 to any album?
      "Lift up your head
      Lift up your heart..."

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post

a 10
        Can't say i don't agree but have they ever given a 10 to any album?
        They don't give it to newer albums, but they hand it out in these retrospective reviews. They have handed out 113 10/10 scores. You can check them all out here:

https://www.albumoftheyear.org/ratin...st-rated/all/1
        I have received many gifts from God,
        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post

They don't give it to newer albums, but they hand it out in these retrospective reviews. They have handed out 113 10/10 scores. You can check them all out here:

https://www.albumoftheyear.org/ratin...st-rated/all/1
          Three Joni's in there

Anyway, it's been a while since I listened to "Post", giving it a spin later.
          "Lift up your head
          Lift up your heart..."

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
            She has like 5 albums that are better than "Post" but then again her entire discography (except for that awful mistake "Volta") is brilliant.

Time to bring back this gem:

Last edited by JeremySpears; Sun March 8th, 2020, 17:04.
            Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Post is one of her best. My favs are Post, Vespertine, Medulla and Vulnicura

Comment

• My Fovorites are: Vespertine, Homogenic, Post, Medulla, Selmasongs and Debut!

Comment

• Originally posted by acrolyu View Post
                  My Fovorites are: Vespertine, Homogenic, Post, Medulla, Selmasongs and Debut!
                  So glad to see you mention Selmasongs, it gets really overlooked because it's a soundtrack.

Comment

• I still haven't heard her entire discography but from what I know my faves are:
                    Vespertine
                    Biophilia
                    Vulnicura
                    And yes, Utopia. My most played Bjork album actually.
                    "Lift up your head
                    Lift up your heart..."

Comment

• I love Selmasongs, but the film is a difficult one to watch

everytime some is like: .... Bjork who? I go : you know, Rattle, clang, crack, thud, whack, bam! ; hmmm the one with swan dress? and then I realize I don't wanna explain anymore and this person doesn't deserve it hahaha

Comment

• I love Selmasong and Dancer in the Dark!

Comment

• Dancer in the Dark is so terribly sad. I can’t watch it again.
                          Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• I remember that I went to see dancer in de dark with a friend and at the end of the movie she cried and got angry, she told me that you brought me to see something so sad !!

Comment

• A very good friend and I have done Diva Movie Night for years and I keep putting off Dancer in the Dark for fear that my very empathic friend will be destroyed by it. But they do appreciate original and unique art-house films and Dancer is definitely that, so it may be time to revisit it.

I do remember preferring the film versions of the songs to their Selmasongs counterparts for a variety of reasons. "I've Seen It All" has a more dynamic mix in the film than the more muted Thom Yorke duet, where its train-track sampling beat gets buried by the orchestra. But I do think the album is a worthy entry in Björk's orchestral cannon, rounded out by Homogenic, Vespertine and Vulnicura
                              The sands of time fade into dark
                              Feel your pulse it's groove o'clock
                              A message to madness
                              Feel music that's realness

Comment

• Originally posted by NormiMalone View Post
                                A very good friend and I have done Diva Movie Night for years and I keep putting off Dancer in the Dark for fear that my very empathic friend will be destroyed by it. But they do appreciate original and unique art-house films and Dancer is definitely that, so it may be time to revisit it.
                                I love that movie and have seen it twice, but I don't know if I have it in me for a rewatch, even though I've last seen it probably 10 years ago. And I don't go recommending it to anyone. If it pops up in a conversation (and surprisingly it happens from time to time) I will always say that I think it's a brilliant movie, but I won't say "You must watch it.". The movie definitely has a lot of life and joy draining experience, even though I'm usually hardly moved by things.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post
                                  I love Selmasongs, but the film is a difficult one to watch

everytime some is like: .... Bjork who? I go : you know, Rattle, clang, crack, thud, whack, bam! ; hmmm the one with swan dress? and then I realize I don't wanna explain anymore and this person doesn't deserve it hahaha
                                  Cvalda is not more well-known than It’s Oh So Quiet, unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                                  X