Rihanna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Noahh View Post
    Well luxury brands are extremely hard to establish. I think she would’ve been better off competing with brands such as Off White, Supreme etc rather than Dior, Gucci, Chanel etc.
    I also think they could’ve started off with maybe perfumes, jewelry and accessories instead of starting out with a full on clothing line. As a starter in such a tough luxury field, you have to take it step by step. No luxury fashion house is established right from the start. It takes a smart rollout and business plan and many years of hard work to be even be able to compete with existing houses.

At least she tried. Not every venture will be a success. She changed the game with Fenty Beauty and SavagexFenty. Fenty Skin is also doing really well.

Her collaboration with LVMH seems not over as they want to collaborate with her in other ventures.
    well of course its not over... don't know about Skin, but Fenty Beauty is under LVMH's own Kendo umbrella company, which itself is a 100% subsidiary of Sephora. Fenty IS LVMH just like Guerlain or Dior Parfums. These brands are just distributed on a larger scale outside of the Sephora world. (only reason Boots and Harvey Nichols in the UK carry Fenty is because there's no Sephora venture in the UK) But Rihanna of course owns an undisclosed percentage of the shares (information ranges from 10 to 51%)

all I know is that I don't really care anymore. I work in cosmetic retail, but at a competitor to Sephora so we won't be stocking Fenty Skin or Fenty Beauty anytime soon. I do own some products but I feel very whatever about it. I'm happy for her, but I would need music at this point. It feels ridiculous at this point and I feel so disappointed. Personally I feel like these celebrity brands are ever barely more than merchandise anyway. Without the core business of music I personally feel a low incentive to buy the stuff anymore. She was just really, really smart to partner with LVMH/Sephora/Kendo like that and note a market niche for her product. Smart! Each and every Sephora sales associate will be indoctrinated to sell her products worldwide, because Fenty is a Sephora own brand. And the hype around it was real.
    It was so amazing to see, given that Im in cosmetics myself

but now I feel like its been fun and all but get back to what you are actually great at again. Music. It should be a symbiosis between music and other ventures and not just not what's happening right now. personally, with FENTY fashion shutting down I feel like she's throwing projects at the wall and sees what's sticking to it. God, Im frustrated hahahah

Comment

• I think we all were just very spoiled with her yearly releases.
      Yes it’s been long since she released Anti and I can’t wait to hear new music too, but she will release music again.
      Adele hasn’t released music since 2015, Bruno Mars hasn’t released since 2016. It’s not uncommon for big artists to have big gaps in between albums. Just be thankful that at least Rih branched out in many different ventures as opposed to just disappearing for years.
      "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

• "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

• I hope these certifications tease something coming
          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• and some still wonder why she's not releasing any music anymore

Comment

• Please someone finally leak Fool In Love acapella or instrumental!!!

Comment

• Happy Birthday to Queen of early retirement.

Stream her best song:

Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Happy 33rd to the baddest queen! <3

Your heart is coloured with the love wrapped in the brilliant blue sky above, the breadth of the jewelled oceans, and the pure heat of the golden sun. And your heart is home to the cosmic creation that is you.

Comment

• Last edited by Noahh; Sun February 21, 2021, 23:59.

Comment

• Almost 10 million streams in a day and her last album was released over half a decade ago.

Comment

• Ugh, she better receive all this love.

Comment

Working...
                          X