Rita Ora

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rita Ora

Some people may know Rita (born in Kosovo, then moved to the UK) from her collaborations with Craig David including his hit, "Where's Your Love?" and her own song "Awkward" featuring Craig.
    Some others may know her from auditioning for "Your Country Needs You" to perform for UK at Eurovision, getting rave reviews from Lord Webber but then she dropped out which led them to finding Jade Ewen (the rest is history).

Seems that she dropped out of the show so that she could finalise her record deal with Jay-Z's Roc Nation label.
    Some others may know Rita from the rumours that Jay-Z had found himself a Beyonce lookalike to have on the side, but no Rita is now friends with the most elite in music. Seen at several occasions with the likes of Jay-Z, Beyonce, Kanye West, Michelle Williams and many more.
    Others may know her from playing the lead girls in Jay-Z's "Forever Young" video and Drake's "Over" video. She's currently dating Drake.

She is currently working on her debut album which is being released this year. I can't find much information on her except her good friend Tinchy Stryder (also signed to Roc) said that he's heard some of her music and it sounds hot.

She has a really soulful voice so I'm looking forward to the direction they will push her in. I can see them pushing her in a similar direction to label mate Melanie Fiona, since Rita has a very powerful and soulful voice too.

Your Country Needs You Audition
    Awkward (featuring Craig David)
    Where's Your Love (with Craig David & Tinchy Stryder)

Okay, I've found out that she has worked with Darkchild, Future Cut, Makeba Riddick, Tricky Stewart, Chase & Status, FrankMusik and Ester Dean on this album so far.

Comment

She's also worked with Mr.West and Toby Gad on some really nice stuff and she's a sweetheart

Comment

Oh great! What would you say the direction of her music is heading in?

Comment

From what i've been blessed to hear so far I would consider it a little of everything. Some jazz sprinkled in with some guitars. More along the lines of soul pop but she's singing.

Comment

YAY! I was hoping that she'd go down a soul yet pop sound!
            Thanks for the info

Comment

She is so stunning!

Drake said that he has written a few tracks for her album!
              Hopefully a collaboration too.

Comment

I've seen some song titles that she has recorded...

California Love
                [Rita Ora, James McCollum, Martin Terefe]

Can't Stop Loving U
                [Rita Ora, James Bryan, Sacha Skarbek, Martin Terefe]

Cigarette
                [Rita Ora, Ruth Anne Cunningham, Pete 'Boxsta' Martin]

Deny
                [Rita Ora, Nick Whitecross, Martin Terefe]

(Every Woman Needs A) Superman
                [Rita Ora, James McCollum]

Fools' Gold
                [Rita Ora, Ron Sexsmith, Martin Terefe]

Love Is Dangerous
                [Rita Ora, James McCollum]

Piece Of Love [???]
                [Hugo Chakrabongse, James Fauntleroy, Makeba Riddick, Ian Dench, Future Cut]

Shy
                [Rita Ora, James Bryan, Martin Terefe]

Sleep All Day (Party All Night)
                [August Rigo, Polina Goudieva, Duane Harden, StarGate & Sandy Vee]

Things Can Only Get Better
                [Rita Ora, Tommy Sims, Sacha Skarbek, Martin Terefe]

Tonight
                [Rita Ora, Greg Fleming, The Invisible Men]

Uneasy
                [Makeba Riddick, The Ting Tings]

Waiting
                [Rita Ora, Martin Terefe]

What If I Kissed You [???]
                [Drake, ..., StarGate]

Where Did The Ones Go
                [Rita Ora, Sacha Skarbek, Martin Terefe]

You Could Do Better [???]
                [Hugo Chakrabongse, Laila Samuels, Alexander Kronlund, The Rural]

Comment

Never heard of her, she's hot though.

Originally posted by UKMusicLova
                  I've seen some song titles that she has recorded...

What If I Kissed You [???]
                  [Drake, ..., StarGate]
                  LISTEN

Comment

^^ So is that the demo for her? I guess it is.

I'm not sure what I think about it...maybe it just doesn't suit Drake's voice but I want Rita to come out with some really powerful stuff...especially since vocally she can handle it.

I'm so excited for "Uneasy" to drop though! I really want to hear it!!! :(

Comment

I can't wait for this girl to drop, she's one of the most promising UK exports IMO! She is absolutely stunning, I love her Skullcandy (internet, presumably) advert and the fact she's working with Drake. Would love to hear her vocals on that track! I just wish that we knew a bit more about the project and what direction she is taking.
                      late.

Comment

Sean Kingston's version of "Sleep All Day, Party All Night" has leaked.

LISTEN

I hope that Rita isn't doing this kind of pop/dance stuff! I want her to be unique and do more soulful pop.

Comment

Man the stuff I'm hearing from @ritaora mad! she's gonna blow And do some serious damage to the industry
                          @RitaOra hey! i work at columbia and have heard some of your record. sounds AWESOME! love your voice. (and pee wee is the man!)
                          Shout out to @RitaOra for doing an Incredible Job Singing this Incredible record!!! Good On U!!!!
                          I am so anticipating her music! I want it now. They shot the video to "Uneasy" AGEEES ago! :(

Comment

I just found out about her bc shes doing the CK One commercial.
                            Lookin forward to whatever shes coming out with but i hope, it soon bc it seems Roc Nation takes a long time to release stuff or the artists over there take their time.

Comment

She's been working with The-Dream. The line-up for this album is so amazing! Although I hope she only sticks to a few of them rather than a different producer for every song.

Comment

She was in the studio with Diplo last month!
                                He called her the "next big artist"

Comment

She's been on the scene for quite a while but hasn't released anything solo, i hope she does soon.

Comment

She has described her album as the following:

"English pop mixed with old-school hip-hop and soul."

Also some news about a single release...seems although they shot a video for "Uneasy" they still haven't decided what will be the lead single
                                    She’s hoping to hit the radio this summer with her first single, either a track written by the Ting Tings or one produced by will.i.am. And then there’s a ck one–sponsored tour and her album release, tentatively scheduled for the fall.
                                    The Ting Tings wrote "Uneasy".

Comment

Can't wait to see what she comes up with!

Comment

I wish, she would have a song or two on the internet bc i cant seem to find anything.

Comment

It's incredible how much money has been invested into her! Just look at who's she's worked with on this project. It's also incredible how nothing has leaked yet.

Darkchild
                                          FutureCut
                                          Makeba Riddick
                                          Tricky Stewart
                                          Chase & Status
                                          FrankMusik
                                          Ester Dean
                                          Toby Gad
                                          Kanye West
                                          Drake
                                          Syience
                                          Aundrea Martin
                                          Ruth Anne Cunningham
                                          James Fauntleroy
                                          Makeba Riddick
                                          Stargate
                                          The Ting Tings
                                          The-Dream
                                          Diplo
                                          will.i.am

Comment

Rita, Autumn Rowe and Alexandra Burke at Autumn's birthday bash in London!

And Rita has tweeted a lyric from one of her songs...

"This the kinda beat that'll make your f**king face melt"

Lyrical genius!

She'll also be in Vogue Japan with Ellie Goulding in August! Hoping new music will come SOON! I'm really anticipating her 1st single.

Comment

Look at that list of producers! I hope the songs we don't get to hear make it onto a mixtape or become b-sides. If they're really good and unused another artist can snap them up, as long as Rita's version leaks.

Originally posted by UKMusicLova
                                              Darkchild
                                              FutureCut
                                              Chase & Status
                                              Toby Gad
                                              Kanye West
                                              Drake
                                              Aundrea Martin *Andrea?
                                              Ruth Anne Cunningham
                                              The Ting Tings
                                              Diplo
                                              These names really excite me as I normally love the songs that they work on. (Apart from the Ting Tings, who I just think are so interesting a group for her to work with.)

The other big names such as Stargate, Tricky, The-Dream etc have me really excited for this project as well.
                                              late.

Comment

Yeah, it's not very common for a brand new artist to have so much money splashed on them and getting all these massive names trying to establish "her sound".

They must have real faith in her because they definitely aren't spending this much money on Alexis Jordan, Bridget Kelly and probably not even Willow Smith's albums.

Comment

i'm really looking forward to her release, i wish roc nation would hurry up with their artists. i've been following her on twitter since about july last year and she said that she was definitely dropping the single in february of 2011. the date has long gone and she still hasn't got a date. what kind of sound would soul pop be? like beyonce's new album?

Comment

Working...
                                                  X