• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocksteady09
    replied
    Originally posted by TheRealest
    Originally posted by Rocksteady09
    I could careless about their biased opinions. This thread just isn't the place to bash an artist. They can take their unnecessary whining and bitter rants to their private emails. Oh and I'm that person, that's clearly got you pressed and bothered.
    Then you wouldn't have commented. Just come correct next time boo.
    A hit dog will holler. Stay seething toots.

Leave a comment:

• Migrate
    replied
    The new version is a bit too much "Ummmm I'm sexy" to my taste, like her version if Back to Black. But it's nice ! What does she mean by her début ?

Leave a comment:

• GetBack
    replied
    Hope she shoots a video for the reworked "Crazy in Love"! I wish she did 10th Anniversary edition for Dangerously in Love and included that!

Leave a comment:

• aang
    replied
    WOW @ the new version of "Crazy in Love"!

I need it in full. I need her to do the whole soundtrack tbh!

Leave a comment:

• JasonJ
    replied
    Originally posted by hugo
    Interview: BOOTS Talks About Reworking Beyoncé's "Crazy In Love" and Scoring the "Fifty Shades of Grey" Trailer

Can we expect new music from you and Beyonce?
    There's a lot of shit that's coming up. I just jumped into the studio this whole time. I'm in the studio everyday for two weeks, just writing for my own full-length. But everything else, I'm disappearing into the ether for the summer right now. I had to take a break a little bit from the Internet world.

There's so much S&M in this book, how does it feel to create an S&M anthem?
    Is there a lot of S&M? [Laughs.] That's what I just did? [Laughs.] I think it was just falling in love can make you do crazy shit. That was the spirit of the original song in the first place, we flipped it and it kind of became a whole thing. This is the first time I've ever worked on a trailer.

Can we expect more soon?
    You'll have to just wait and see.

And you're working on your full length debut?
    Yeah. I'm really excited. I'm intensely excited, I'm going to drop it when I drop it but I'm planning to release it through a label. We're going to get real. We're going to get weird about it.

http://www.complex.com/music/2014/07/bo ... -interview
    [/quote]

B workin' hard..... This is prolly gonna be off da hook good.

Leave a comment:

• JasonJ
    replied
    Stop the bitching. :evil:
    Focus on Beyonce....

Leave a comment:

• TheRealest
    replied
    I could careless about their biased opinions. This thread just isn't the place to bash an artist. They can take their unnecessary whining and bitter rants to their private emails. Oh and I'm that person, that's clearly got you pressed and bothered.
    Then you wouldn't have commented. Just come correct next time boo.

Leave a comment:

• JasonJ
    replied
    Fifty Shades Of Grey - Trailer

New version of "Crazy In Love"

This is pure perfection.
    Kingbee owns this.....

Leave a comment:

• JasonJ
    replied
    Flo Rida. Damn, he's got a shirt already, that was fast.

So cool!

Leave a comment:

• Rocksteady09
    replied
    Originally posted by TheRealest
    It's interesting seeing most of the complaints about Beyonce are coming from mostly Mariah Carey stans. Reductive? Redundant? These assessments are just laughable, considering the state of your faves music career for the past 6years. Beyoncé is doing perfectly fine managing her own career, go worry about your faves.
    They can express their opinions just like anyone else. Whoever they like has nothing to do with the discussion at hand. Who are you? Oh... Nobody.

Leave a comment:

• Hugo
    replied
    Flo Rida. Damn, he's got a shirt already, that was fast.

Leave a comment:

• IVyoncé
    replied
    I need that Boots remix is my live, it gives CIL a new life

Leave a comment:

• IVyoncé
    replied
    Originally posted by Migrate
    Originally posted by Jesper
    Originally posted by Migrate
    I don't disagree with your points of view, for some reason I got a bit tired of her since "4" ..
    I wanted to ask you : wasn't there some sort of movie that was supposed to come out with her and Jay-Z being criminals, and in the trailer, they're on a motorcycle with Bee wearing a short wedding dress ?
    That was the musicvideo for the song On The Run by JAY Z featuring Beyoncé
    Thanks ! But maybe I'm stupid or it's really late for me but I can only seem to find this :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNcJg5svv9A

which still looks like a trailer ? Sorry to bother :/
    The musicvideo is a trailer for a movie that will never come ;)

Leave a comment:

• ThaInfo1
    replied
    I'm here for it...and he didn't exactly say no to him working with Bebe at the moment.

This bish better not shock me anymore I can't take it.

Leave a comment:

• GetBack
    replied
    The Boots remix sounds really promising based on the trailer!

Originally posted by jrnleblanc
    I still can't believe she's part of the 50 shades of shit nonsense.
    Hmmm..I think this should have happened when she made the movie Obsessed! Especially seeing how random they used "Smash into You" for the closing credits of Obsessed!

Leave a comment:

• Hugo
    replied
    Interview: BOOTS Talks About Reworking Beyoncé's "Crazy In Love" and Scoring the "Fifty Shades of Grey" Trailer

Over the weekend, Beyoncé posted a teaser for the Fifty Shades of Grey trailer on her Instagram. Earlier this morning, the full length version debuted on The Today Show. The movie, which drops on Valentine's Day next year, stars Dakota Johnson as Anastasia Steele, and Jamie Dornan as Christian Grey.

So, why did Beyoncé post the teaser? Her song "Crazy In Love" was reworked to soundtrack the trailer, which was all scored by BOOTS, the somewhat enigmatic artist who worked on BEYONCÉ and dropped a solo project, WinterSpringSummerFall, to a ton of critical buzz. We hopped on the phone with him this morning to chat about scoring his first trailer, what's coming next, and why he chose "Crazy In Love" for the Fifty Shades of Grey trailer.

How did you get involved with Fifty Shades of Grey?
    I just got the call, that's pretty much what I can say. I got a call from a combination of people who asked if I would do it. I jumped at the opportunity to do it.

Were you familiar with the book?
    The first time I ever knew anything from it was when I saw the trailer. I've always wanted to score a film and it was too good to pass up on getting experience in something like that. I had no idea that it was this phenomenon, I was not very aware of it. It's a very apparent thing that's happening with Fifty Shades of Grey, and I think that's cool.

For those who don't know, what goes into scoring a trailer?
    Like anything else, unless it's you by yourself in a room, it's going to be collaborative and you have to be open to being collaborative. The actual making of the music when I scored it was an incredible day. I just went into a black hole and just heard it the way I wanted it to sound in my head and all the snares and shit are me slamming doors around the studio and kicking things over. Nothing was a drum sample in that and everything suddenly started having this breathing life and started feeling more than just a regular song. With the strings that Margo did, it just took it over the top. The instrumentals was just me, Margo did the strings, Bey killed it with her voice, and the dopest thing was that I got to mix the trailer with the people at Universal who are killing it. We basically did it in a sound stage but it's a ******* movie theater. You get to mix sound in a movie theater. It's the craziest shit I've ever heard.

Where did you draw inspiration from when creating the score?
    Equal parts eagerness to do a good job and the trailer was just super sexy. It was a cat and mouse thing happening in the trailer and I felt that it needed to feel that way in the build of the score.

Why did you choose that song for the trailer?
    It just fits. I like to think of myself as more than just a producer. I look at what we did for the trailer and this version of the song is, very much in my opinion, a score. It was something that I consciously scored. Whenever it comes to the stuff that Bey and I do, I'll never speak for her, but I think that she killed it. She just absolutely killed it. The acapellas that she did gives me chills, so it's really dope.

Are you working on the soundtrack, as well?
    That's not really anything I can mention right now but the soundtrack is going to be really dope. They just started with the promotion of the film. Everything that's going to come after this is going to get better.

Can we expect new music from you and Beyonce?
    There's a lot of shit that's coming up. I just jumped into the studio this whole time. I'm in the studio everyday for two weeks, just writing for my own full-length. But everything else, I'm disappearing into the ether for the summer right now. I had to take a break a little bit from the Internet world.

There's so much S&M in this book, how does it feel to create an S&M anthem?
    Is there a lot of S&M? [Laughs.] That's what I just did? [Laughs.] I think it was just falling in love can make you do crazy shit. That was the spirit of the original song in the first place, we flipped it and it kind of became a whole thing. This is the first time I've ever worked on a trailer.

Can we expect more soon?
    You'll have to just wait and see.

And you're working on your full length debut?
    Yeah. I'm really excited. I'm intensely excited, I'm going to drop it when I drop it but I'm planning to release it through a label. We're going to get real. We're going to get weird about it.

http://www.complex.com/music/2014/07/bo ... -interview

Leave a comment:

• jrnleblanc
    replied
    I still can't believe she's part of the 50 shades of shit nonsense.

Leave a comment:

• Hugo
    replied
    They keep getting deleted from youtube, so they're not that easy to find, but you can try.

Leave a comment:

• Migrate
    replied
    I think you may be referring to some of the tour's interlude videos.
    Yeah, maybe it's in reference to their Tour ... I was curious to see this "movie", Thanks anyway !

Leave a comment:

• TheRealest
    replied
    It's interesting seeing most of the complaints about Beyonce are coming from mostly Mariah Carey stans. Reductive? Redundant? These assessments are just laughable, considering the state of your faves music career for the past 6years. Beyoncé is doing perfectly fine managing her own career, go worry about your faves.
    They can express their opinions just like anyone else. Whoever they like has nothing to do with the discussion at hand. Who are you? Oh... Nobody.

Leave a comment:

• Naida09
    replied
    I love the new DIL remix. She and boots are an amazing duo. Hope it will be on iTunes.

Leave a comment:

• Speechless
    replied

Amazing!

Leave a comment:

• Rocksteady09
    replied
    Originally posted by calebkp
    Originally posted by Washingtonian25
    She is building her own empire, that's what happened. She will no longer be a protege of a Jay-Z and she is no longer a possession of Matthew Knowles.

She's a household name 100% this time, without anyone's help, and that happened for the first time in her career now.

I agree with this statement 100%. I find it unrealistic for fans to expect Beyonce in 2014 to still be the same Beyonce from 90's or early 2000's. Beyonce now is a mother, a wife, a mogul and so much more. She's grown. She's become more confident and her music shows that. This is very clearly with the 'beyonce' album. I mean take a look at songs like partition, blow, super power, mine, rocket basically the entire of the album they sound like nothing she's done in the past so I am a bit irritated when I read some of the posters here say that's she's been redundant and non creative bish are your ears clogged. Most of the things that beyonce has done with her last album was different. From shooting music videos for each song, breaking itunes, critical acclaimed album, innovation and more in touch and comfortable with her sexuality as a mother and wife than any time in her life. The beyonce album alone will remain embroided in the history books. You can not even compare to any album that came before it and all albums that come after it will be labelled copy cats if they follow her style. So what more do u want her to do. You want beyonce to Do a rock album, have a concert from the moon or the sun so she's not redundant. Bish please some fans have these overly unrealistic expectations and it hurts no one but them. Don't blame beyonce for that. She's done more than necessary.

Its either you like it or u don't. But move on. Whinning about on spilt milk aint a good look.

Well said!!!

Leave a comment:

• Rocksteady09
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Hugo
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X