Beyoncé

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beyonce And Jay Z Keep Their Crown As Highest-Paid Celebrity Couple

Back in 2011, Jay Z sat down with Steve Forbes and Warren Buffett to discuss success, philanthropy and the business of music. Toward the end of their talk, the Brooklyn-born rapper made a few significant observations.

"For many years artists were dying broke, because the record companies took advantage of them," Jay Z explained. "As entertainers, we’re the first generation to capitalize on our talent."

Six years later, Jay Z is proving his point, and then some. He and superstar wife Beyoncé pulled in a combined $147 million over the past 12 months, thanks to a combination of live shows, endorsement deals and cash-spewing companies of their own. The nine-figure haul makes them the top-earning couple on our annual Celebrity 100 list; they are the only married pair on the list (and the only currently romantically-involved duo, to the best of FORBES' knowledge).

Beyoncé is the primary breadwinner in the Knowles-Carter household these days, clocking $105 million pretax, the second-highest sum of any front-of-camera entertainer on the planet (Diddy claims the top spot with $130 million, boosted by an estimated $70 million windfall from the sale of a chunk of his Sean John clothing line last November).

Queen B's payday comes mostly from her Formation World Tour, which wrapped up in late 2016 and grossed a quarter of a billion dollars. She also cashes in on endorsement deal with blue chip brands like Pepsi--an income stream that she may increasingly turn to as she takes a break from touring while she and Jay Z prepare to welcome twins into their family.

Jay Z, on the other hand, barely played any live shows over the past 12 months, earning a comparatively paltry $42 million. But he's set to ramp up his schedule in the wake of a new decade-long, $200 million touring deal with Live Nation--starting with a handful of summer shows including his own Made In America festival. It's an excellent complement to Beyoncé's schedule.

In any case, both Jay Z and Beyoncé could go on indefinite hiatus from performing, and they'd still be in terrific shape financially. Thanks mostly to Jay Z's businesses, from his Armand de Brignac champagne to his Roc Nation entertainment company--as well as streaming service Tidal, which counts both as owners--the couple has amassed a total fortune north of $1 billion.

But don't expect them to rest on their laurels. As Beyoncé told FORBES nearly a decade ago: “I’ve worked too hard and sacrificed too much to do something silly that would mess up the brand I’ve created all of these years."

So far, so good.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zackomalle ... a59bb35757
    What's new?
    "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

• Originally posted by abi
      Literally where are the twins?
      Ch, if you were on Beyoncé's womb, you wouldn't want to leave either.

Comment

• The womanliest being ever.

[youtube:300vgyb2]IozMfEYI0JY[/youtube:300vgyb2]

Comment

• Beyonce is in labor. She might have had her twins already.
          F*ck off and lose my number.

Comment

• Originally posted by EAI
            Beyonce is in labor. She might have had her twins already.
            Maybe I'll share birthday with her kids
            Floped and localed

Comment

• Originally posted by EAI
              Beyonce is in labor. She might have had her twins already.
              According to?
              5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• It's just rumors.
                Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

• Someone Put Together a Jay Z and Beyoncé Mashup Album, and You Need to Listen to It Right Now

Jay Z and Beyoncé are one of the most famous couples on earth and two musical heavyweights that are legends in their respective fields. But despite working together on a bunch of stray tracks over the years—both pre and post marriage—they've never linked up for a substantial project before.

One teenager out of Orlando decided to change that. For a project he called Bey-Z, a 19-year-old producer named amorphous took some of the most classic instrumentals in Jay's catalog and sprinkled Beyoncé's vocals all over them. The result is a mashup album that excels where many others fail, with a fusion of sounds flowing naturally throughout the project.

Perhaps that's because Beyoncé's recent work has straddled the line between musical genres, and she doesn't sound at all like a stranger over hard instrumentation. amorphous told Complex the idea came to him when he was driving home one day last week. He said ideas flowed naturally since he grew up on R&B artists like Destiny's Child and Aaliyah.

"I was playing one of Jay's tracks in the car," he said, "and I started to sing 'Formation' over the beat. I immediately rushed home as I knew that I had something interesting on my hands and got to working. I completed it in several minutes, adding some small production elements of my own...I [tried] to find songs that worked together lyrically in some aspects but truly complimented each other."

Even if it's not your style, the Bey-Z project is a quick reminder of how many classics are in each artist's respective catalog. There are countless hits that got left on the cutting room floor for the mashup, and an enterprising producer could probably put together a totally different project without reusing any of the same songs amorphous utilized.

With Beyoncé taking a step back from music for a moment to focus on her children, this is probably the closest thing we're going to get to a collaborative album from her and Jay Z anytime soon. You can check out a preview of the tracks from Bey-Z up top and listen to the full thing on Bandcamp here.

http://www.complex.com/music/2017/06/ja ... ium=social

Comment

• "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

• Beyoncé Aus @BeyonceAUS 11m11 minutes ago
                        Beyoncé announces the Formation Scholars.
                        Congratulations Sadiya, Avery, Maya & Bria!

https://t.co/22QYAj7Mfw

Comment

• BEYONCÉ LEGION? @Bey_Legion 5m5 minutes ago
                          New Beyoncé fragrance coming this year! #ShimmeringHeat

Comment

• Great colour of the bottle.

Comment

• It looks like water.
                              Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• <3

Comment

• Looking like a legendary Pokémon ??
                                  Tick, tick, wait on it

Comment

• Beyoncé where you at?

Comment

• [youtube:23w9y5k4]2GB0BuKNMi8[/youtube:23w9y5k4]

Comment

• THE BEYHIVÉ @TheBeyHiveTeam

Wow! Did Beyoncé have a boy and a girl? A woman was seen carrying pink & blue balloons into UCLA Medical on Friday with a card for "B + J"!

https://twitter.com/TheBeyHiveTeam/stat ... 7207497728

THE BEYHIVÉ @TheBeyHiveTeam

According to E! the woman walked into the front of the building, then got back into her car and drove into an underground parking lot!

https://twitter.com/TheBeyHiveTeam/stat ... 8081939456

Comment

• THE BEYHIVÉ? @TheBeyHiveTeam 3h3 hours ago
                                          Wow! Did Beyoncé have a boy and a girl? A woman was seen carrying pink & blue balloons into UCLA Medical on Friday with a card for "B + J"!

Comment

• Comment

• Why haven't they announced the birth yet? She's been in the hospital for days.
                                              Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Maybe there were complications
                                                Forever Young

Comment

• Originally posted by Ska8er
                                                  Why haven't they announced the birth yet? She's been in the hospital for days.
                                                  It's Beyoncé. She's not going to keep anyone informed about anything.
                                                  F*ck off and lose my number.

Comment

• Discovered this today and it's kinda cool. Thought I'd share.

https://soundcloud.com/mxtps/b20
                                                    Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X