No announcement yet.

Beyoncé

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I only saw a snippet... I'll wait for the full thing.

Comment

• UCLA gymnast doing her floor routine to Homecoming's horn section. I loved how she included Ego, one of my favorite parts.

I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
      I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• I can't wait to see what black is King is going to be like,
          So excited for it.
          It's really weird knowing for more than a month about an upcoming project from Beyonce.

Comment

• That UPROXX writer clearly needs to get some new ears cause in what world "If I Were A Boy" is R&B? And "Freedom" & "6 Inch" are Hip-Hop? Also "Disappear" & "That's Why You're Beautiful" are apparently Country.

Comment

• Beyonce Is Coming trending WW and US a few hours ago

aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• So Beyonce threw in an eclipse into BIK. Do we think she's hinting again like at Coachella? There's a total eclipse in December 2020...
                Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

• No way she’s releasing anything in December 2020 after working on Black is King since forever.
                  5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• So what did you think about Black Is King?
                    I felt like it was a bit hard to follow at the beginning but improves towards the middle. Amazing visuals obviously. At first glance Bigger, Water and My Power stood out, the my power choreography was amazing. I need to watch it again soon of course.​

And I don't think we're going to get B7 until 2022/3, considering that a world tour was planned for this project.

Comment

• The Top 100 Beyoncé Songs, Ranked

To celebrate the release of Friday’s ‘Black Is King,’ we’re counting down the best moments in her solo catalog, from her early work outside of Destiny’s Child to her duets with Jay-Z to her classic Homecoming performance

https://www.theringer.com/music/2020...-black-is-king
                      "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                        No way she’s releasing anything in December 2020 after working on Black is King since forever.
                        People have been speculating that she was releasing something around/about an Eclipse since Beychella though. That's plenty of time for her to record an album - and who on earth knows how she might want to present B7 at this point? I did wonder if she'd move towards debuting an album live before releasing it - which actually would have tied in nicely with the whole summer 2020 tour she is supposed to be on right now. Then knowing Beyonce, she'd probably expect us to put together a visual album from her live performances at this point

Either that or Everything Is Love is going to find itself with a visual album recorded during lockdown - "At home with The Carters" style

#FreeBritney

Comment

No way she’s releasing anything in December 2020 after working on Black is King since forever.
                          Three things:
                          1) You never know with Beyoncé
                          2) The pandemic messed everybody's "Plan A" up, so a lot of "Plan B's" have been drawn up
                          3) You never know with Beyoncé

Anything could happen. I'm not holding my breath, but anything could happen.

That being said: I don't think the eclipse was supposed to be a hint. At all.

Comment

• That was beautiful. The most touching part was about her miscarriage.
                            "What goes around comes back around my baby"

Comment

• I haven't watched the movie yet but let me just stay I'm just so proud to be a fan of this woman. She's literally one of the most hardworking persons ever in the music biz. And they way she keeps on evolving through albums, through eras, through decades, is just amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by abi View Post
                                I haven't watched the movie yet but let me just stay I'm just so proud to be a fan of this woman. She's literally one of the most hardworking persons ever in the music biz. And they way she keeps on evolving through albums, through eras, through decades, is just amazing.
                                This! She puts so much thought and effort into everything she does, which is wonderful to see. How anyone can prefer "hit single Beyoncé" over "artist Beyoncé" is a mystery to me. Her work is so much more profound than it used to be, because she kept growing with every single era. It's amazing to have been there from the start and having witnessed her evolution.

Comment

• I still prefer hit single Beyoncé - I miss that desperation to be a successful superstar she used to have going on

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Dedication, not desperation. If you want prime examples for desperation, there's other artists you should be looking at - I'm not naming names.

Comment

• I don't miss hitsingle Yoncé one bit. I prefer this artistic mastermind.

Comment

• What is actually annoying, is that this past few years, she managed to have both side - the artistic and the commercial. Yet, she just sabotages every release. Now that's infuriating. With proper roll outs and basic release actions...
                                        I'm not even asking for her to whore herself out to every daytime and primetime talk shows for stupid interviews. Just send the songs the radio stations, cut a cute check for the first few weeks and use your social media appropriately.
                                        5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by LittleLinda View Post
                                          How anyone can prefer "hit single Beyoncé" over "artist Beyoncé" is a mystery to me. Her work is so much more profound than it used to be, because she kept growing with every single era. It's amazing to have been there from the start and having witnessed her evolution.
                                          I mean, I can understand both sides I guess. Like, I'm not gonna lie - I do miss hearing her on the radio sometimes but at the same time I'm very happy & satisfied with the quality that she continues to deliver.

Comment

What is actually annoying, is that this past few years, she managed to have both side - the artistic and the commercial. Yet, she just sabotages every release. Now that's infuriating. With proper roll outs and basic release actions...
                                            For me, I wouldn't necessarily want her to specifically chase after number ones or commercial success, I just want her to promote more so that her art can reach more and more people. Like "Run The World" - she knew the song was flopping yet she kept fighting for the song like there's no tomorrow. I'm not saying she had to do performances in random TV shows, etc. but you get what I mean.

I know she's THE Beyonce whose music is still gonna get media headlines for just... existing, but still, I feel like some of her latest stuff which are among her best could've reached a wider audience if she did something with the promotion. Like, most people know she has an album called Lemonade, but a lot of them have no idea what the album is about or how it sounds like. And you can tell that by its current YouTube & Spotify streams.

HOWEVER, I do feel like with Black is King, it's starting off in the right path though, by premiering it on Disney+ which reaches a different audience than she usually does AND releasing the "Already" video on YouTube on time (miracle, whew). Let's just hope it'll be available in more countries later on.
                                            Last edited by abi; Sat August 1st, 2020, 02:46.

Comment

• Hit single Beyoncé was Mathew, and that's becoming more apparent as the years go by.

She actively avoids having hits/certifications, which is frustrating. I hope I'm proven wrong when B7 comes along, but she doesn't seem interested at all in having hits.
                                              Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

She had tour dates booked as early as June in the UK, Paris in September. A tour was definitely happening.
                                                one of date must be fake. EU leg would last around 6wks. my bet the Paris september date was fake.

Comment

• Asia tour would be very hit and miss, it's wild card, gambling. Asia is more rely on current hit and popularity. even tho her name is well known and legend.
                                                  she's not popular as current act. she's more like madonna,mariah type in Asia now. old legend.
                                                  Arena size is okay, but stadium is big question. Also her demanding big upfront guarantee has been the issue.
                                                  Asia's tour market is not huge and she's clearly not top priority here, so local promoter won't give her that money.
                                                  it gotta be her taking some risks with them, like Coldplay did.(and succeed it) But I don't see out capitalist queen doing it. lol

+ not to mention expensive logistics, unlike NA/EU, artist have to use plane for each show. it's massive cost for her to use 3 plane to do 1 show in korea, 1 in japan, 1 in hk etc.. it's impossible unless she dropped the production is least -50% scale which is compromising her art. so it's huge red flag to do asia tour.

Last edited by Shayonce; Sat August 1st, 2020, 04:14.

Comment

• ^Urgh come on now! I mean, as Asians ourselves we all know and admit that her popularity here has dipped down a lot ever since Self-titled but let's not pretend that she can't sell tickets.

She has established herself as an icon and as one of the best Western entertainers here in Asia so of course people are still gonna watch her despite the lack of hit singles though her catalog remains a staple in singing competitions. You mentioned Coldplay and I actually think that's a fair comparison - however, I do remember Coldplay's tickets in Asia were all sold out like in a few minutes though? I just think if she ever wants to go to Asia, she needs to be careful with what cities she picked. I don't think she's gonna sell out in places like Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur or New Delhi, but she definitely will in cities that are more 'Westernized'/international; Singapore, Seoul (100%) and Dubai. Tokyo & Hong Kong are a bit tricky I'd say.

Comment

• Originally posted by abi View Post
                                                      ^Urgh come on now! I mean, as Asians ourselves we all know and admit that her popularity here has dipped down a lot ever since Self-titled but let's not pretend that she can't sell tickets.

She has established herself as an icon and as one of the best Western entertainers here in Asia so of course people are still gonna watch her despite the lack of hit singles though her catalog remains a staple in singing competitions. You mentioned Coldplay and I actually think that's a fair comparison - however, I do remember Coldplay's tickets in Asia were all sold out like in a few minutes though? I just think if she ever wants to go to Asia, she needs to be careful with what cities she picked. I don't think she's gonna sell out in places like Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur or New Delhi, but she definitely will in cities that are more 'Westernized'/international; Singapore, Seoul (100%) and Dubai. Tokyo & Hong Kong are a bit tricky I'd say.
                                                      as I said she will be fine with arena size (10~20k) But stadium is another thing. Seoul is also is in same boat as Tokyo.
                                                      also what I meant with coldplay is that they don't demand big upfront money and genuinely want to do shows in many places by taking less or taking risks.(getting ticket cut?)

Comment

• I feel like the reaction to black is king critically and commercially was underwhelming compared to past project (especially Lemonade).

Comment

• Originally posted by Beyon View Post
                                                          I feel like the reaction to black is king critically and commercially was underwhelming compared to past project (especially Lemonade).
                                                          I think that it’s becoming something that’s just expected from her now and the novelty has worn off. Also the fact she didn’t drop any new music too - ST and Lemonade were basically complete packages with the visuals debuting the music. This time it’s just visuals for music that was largely ignored, and frankly, I think everyone wanted B7 more than another Lion King spin off.

But the reviews have been great from what I’ve seen.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• The album came out a year ago which is why the reception feels more muted. I also expected a better performance to be honest, but B isn't really promoting it and has already premiered a video for Already whilst promoting the Find Your Way Back remix to streaming services and having Black Parade on radio. It's a bit of a mess

The lack of physical copies and the association with The Lion King also doesn't help, but I'm hoping that positive word of mouth will help it.
                                                            Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Capital Xtra is throwing a Beyoncé party right now, join the fun! Two hours of just Beyoncé music.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X