Beyoncé

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
    What is actually annoying, is that this past few years, she managed to have both side - the artistic and the commercial. Yet, she just sabotages every release. Now that's infuriating. With proper roll outs and basic release actions...
    For me, I wouldn't necessarily want her to specifically chase after number ones or commercial success, I just want her to promote more so that her art can reach more and more people. Like "Run The World" - she knew the song was flopping yet she kept fighting for the song like there's no tomorrow. I'm not saying she had to do performances in random TV shows, etc. but you get what I mean.

I know she's THE Beyonce whose music is still gonna get media headlines for just... existing, but still, I feel like some of her latest stuff which are among her best could've reached a wider audience if she did something with the promotion. Like, most people know she has an album called Lemonade, but a lot of them have no idea what the album is about or how it sounds like. And you can tell that by its current YouTube & Spotify streams.

HOWEVER, I do feel like with Black is King, it's starting off in the right path though, by premiering it on Disney+ which reaches a different audience than she usually does AND releasing the "Already" video on YouTube on time (miracle, whew). Let's just hope it'll be available in more countries later on.
    Last edited by abi; Sat August 1, 2020, 02:46.

Comment

• Hit single Beyoncé was Mathew, and that's becoming more apparent as the years go by.

She actively avoids having hits/certifications, which is frustrating. I hope I'm proven wrong when B7 comes along, but she doesn't seem interested at all in having hits.
      Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
        She had tour dates booked as early as June in the UK, Paris in September. A tour was definitely happening.
        one of date must be fake. EU leg would last around 6wks. my bet the Paris september date was fake.

Comment

• Asia tour would be very hit and miss, it's wild card, gambling. Asia is more rely on current hit and popularity. even tho her name is well known and legend.
          she's not popular as current act. she's more like madonna,mariah type in Asia now. old legend.
          Arena size is okay, but stadium is big question. Also her demanding big upfront guarantee has been the issue.
          Asia's tour market is not huge and she's clearly not top priority here, so local promoter won't give her that money.
          it gotta be her taking some risks with them, like Coldplay did.(and succeed it) But I don't see out capitalist queen doing it. lol

+ not to mention expensive logistics, unlike NA/EU, artist have to use plane for each show. it's massive cost for her to use 3 plane to do 1 show in korea, 1 in japan, 1 in hk etc.. it's impossible unless she dropped the production is least -50% scale which is compromising her art. so it's huge red flag to do asia tour.

Last edited by Shayonce; Sat August 1, 2020, 04:14.

Comment

• ^Urgh come on now! I mean, as Asians ourselves we all know and admit that her popularity here has dipped down a lot ever since Self-titled but let's not pretend that she can't sell tickets.

She has established herself as an icon and as one of the best Western entertainers here in Asia so of course people are still gonna watch her despite the lack of hit singles though her catalog remains a staple in singing competitions. You mentioned Coldplay and I actually think that's a fair comparison - however, I do remember Coldplay's tickets in Asia were all sold out like in a few minutes though? I just think if she ever wants to go to Asia, she needs to be careful with what cities she picked. I don't think she's gonna sell out in places like Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur or New Delhi, but she definitely will in cities that are more 'Westernized'/international; Singapore, Seoul (100%) and Dubai. Tokyo & Hong Kong are a bit tricky I'd say.

Comment

• Originally posted by abi View Post
              ^Urgh come on now! I mean, as Asians ourselves we all know and admit that her popularity here has dipped down a lot ever since Self-titled but let's not pretend that she can't sell tickets.

She has established herself as an icon and as one of the best Western entertainers here in Asia so of course people are still gonna watch her despite the lack of hit singles though her catalog remains a staple in singing competitions. You mentioned Coldplay and I actually think that's a fair comparison - however, I do remember Coldplay's tickets in Asia were all sold out like in a few minutes though? I just think if she ever wants to go to Asia, she needs to be careful with what cities she picked. I don't think she's gonna sell out in places like Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur or New Delhi, but she definitely will in cities that are more 'Westernized'/international; Singapore, Seoul (100%) and Dubai. Tokyo & Hong Kong are a bit tricky I'd say.
              as I said she will be fine with arena size (10~20k) But stadium is another thing. Seoul is also is in same boat as Tokyo.
              also what I meant with coldplay is that they don't demand big upfront money and genuinely want to do shows in many places by taking less or taking risks.(getting ticket cut?)

Comment

• I feel like the reaction to black is king critically and commercially was underwhelming compared to past project (especially Lemonade).

Comment

• Originally posted by Beyon View Post
                  I feel like the reaction to black is king critically and commercially was underwhelming compared to past project (especially Lemonade).
                  I think that it’s becoming something that’s just expected from her now and the novelty has worn off. Also the fact she didn’t drop any new music too - ST and Lemonade were basically complete packages with the visuals debuting the music. This time it’s just visuals for music that was largely ignored, and frankly, I think everyone wanted B7 more than another Lion King spin off.

But the reviews have been great from what I’ve seen.
                  Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

• The album came out a year ago which is why the reception feels more muted. I also expected a better performance to be honest, but B isn't really promoting it and has already premiered a video for Already whilst promoting the Find Your Way Back remix to streaming services and having Black Parade on radio. It's a bit of a mess

The lack of physical copies and the association with The Lion King also doesn't help, but I'm hoping that positive word of mouth will help it.
                    Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Capital Xtra is throwing a Beyoncé party right now, join the fun! Two hours of just Beyoncé music.
                      5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Even her mother calls her out for the lack of promotion
                        At least Disney did their part to promote the movie.
                        I know she doesn't care but it's a bit weird for me, especially knowing how much time and effort she put into this.

To be honest I'm starting to feel there's a good chance B7 won't go number 1 when time comes. Hope to be proved wrong.

Comment

• I mean.. do you really think this very pro black film with pro black message with all black cast would do big numbers...

Comment

• I don't really care. People love it, the album already went nº2 when it came out and we are being fed.
                            Put h**s in their place, b***h, stay in your lane

Comment

• Originally posted by Shayonce View Post
                              I mean.. do you really think this very pro black film with pro black message with all black cast would do big numbers...
                              Yes. At least on Disney+.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• I do think that this project could do big numbers.
                                The movie is one thing and the music is another. They complement each other, they work beautifully together but while the movie might not be accessible to all, the music is, both physically (all streaming platforms) and conceptually (you can take whatever message that you want from it, or just enjoy it).
                                with that said I think she did an amazing job on this and it really brought new life to the music for me, That's why I wish more people knew about it

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Listening to non-stop Beyonce since Black is King dropped.

I'd say my top 10 all time Beyonce songs would be (not ranked - not sure I could):

1. Crazy in Love (Live, I Am World Tour/50 Shades remix)
                                    2. Check On It
                                    3. Get Me Bodied
                                    4. Suga Mama
                                    5. Single Ladies
                                    6. Diva
                                    7. Smash Into You
                                    8. End of Time
                                    9. XO
                                    10. Formation

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Imagine a surprise performance on Instagram live and YouTube.
                                      there aren't going to be tours or live performances on award shows for a long time and actually her Instagram is a larger platform than any of these award shows.
                                      ​​​​​

Comment

• I think following BIK and all her Covid-19 and BLM efforts she's going to chill for a bit. It's a mentally exhausting time for everyone as is.

The only thing I can see her doing is a VMA performance, because she seems to love that show. Maybe a physical release for The Gift as well.

But that's it. We had a #1 and a visual album, the hive should be fed for 2020
                                        Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• I'm really looking forward to the next Album. I wonder what direction she'll go in. I Hope's it's fun like B'Day

Comment

• Originally posted by Ska8er View Post
                                            I think following BIK and all her Covid-19 and BLM efforts she's going to chill for a bit. It's a mentally exhausting time for everyone as is.

The only thing I can see her doing is a VMA performance, because she seems to love that show. Maybe a physical release for The Gift as well.

But that's it. We had a #1 and a visual album, the hive should be fed for 2020
                                            I hope she takes the next 2 years to record and be with her family.
                                            Last edited by Aaronsmithjune1; Fri August 14, 2020, 18:18.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
                                              I'm really looking forward to the next Album. I wonder what direction she'll go in. I Hope's it's fun like B'Day
                                              As long as there are no tracks that sound like X-NO I cannot wait for the next album from Beyonce.

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Look at all the effort Beyonce put in this The Gift / Black is King project! I soooo thankful to be her fan... yes Afrobeat songs are not the taste of the GP around the World but she made a statement and she is a legend. It doesn't matter if every album is a Million seller. This will sell as a catalogue album.
                                                  Life tastes better with music

Comment

• She shared this on FB, which I think is awesome.
                                                    Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X