Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ska8er View Post

And to think that The Gift is still considered a flop era
    Well it still flopped in terms of sales. The Grammy noms don't change any of that.
    Also aren't some for the Savage remix ? They have nothing to do with The Gift, technically.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Well it still flopped in terms of sales. The Grammy noms don't change any of that.
      Also aren't some for the Savage remix ? They have nothing to do with The Gift, technically.
      Actually it's 9 just for The Gift. She also received three nominations for it the previous year.
      Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ska8er View Post

Actually it's 9 just for The Gift. She also received three nominations for it the previous year.
        Well only cos she reused it. Anyway I am here for Black Parade winning ROTY

Comment

• Some of these artist that's speaking up now is lowkey messy. Many of them ain't say anything when Rihanna & beyonce were robbed. As I say the black community hardly respects black women or care for them.the weeknd did deserve ROTY & SOTY noms though . But a black man always has to be mistreated for the rest of the community to speak up. Poor black women & gay black men.

Comment

• Not surprised. They started dragging megan because she told on a GROWN MAN THAT SHOT HER

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
              Some of these artist that's speaking up now is lowkey messy. Many of them ain't say anything when Rihanna & beyonce were robbed. As I say the black community hardly respects black women or care for them.the weeknd did deserve ROTY & SOTY noms though . But a black man always has to be mistreated for the rest of the community to speak up. Poor black women & gay black men.
              Chile! In the colorism topic, I had said the same things about straight Black men and you said I was wrong.
              Diva!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan View Post

Chile! In the colorism topic, I had said the same things about straight Black men and you said I was wrong.
                Did I? We'll I'm sorry. You right

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post

Did I? We'll I'm sorry. You right
                  It seems like things have gotten worse. That is why I got quite on screaming Black Lives Matter although I do speak up for injustices. Black Lives Matter rarely fights for Black Women and Black LGBTQ. In fact, near a BLM protest in Minn., a Black transwoman was beaten by 10+ Black people, mostly men. The way many straight Black men have attacked Megan is unbelievable. Black male rappers talk about having sex with women all the time but when WAP came out, Black men acted like they were saved Christians. The internet has exposed just how bad things are for Black women and Black LGBTQ.
                  Last edited by TIfan; Thu November 26, 2020, 04:04.
                  Diva!!!

Comment

It seems like things have gotten worse. That is why I got quite on screaming Black Lives Matter although I do speak up for injustices. Black Lives Matter rarely fights for Black Women and Black LGBTQ. In fact, near a BLM protest in Minn., a Black transwoman was beaten by 10+ Black people, mostly men. The way many straight Black men have attacked Megan is unbelievable. Black male rappers talk about having sex with women all the time but when WAP came out, Black men acted like they were saved Christians. The internet has exposed just how bad things are for Black women and Black LGBTQ (who also deals with racism from other LGBTQ groups).
                    Speak on it. I agree 100%. People honestly don't know how hard it is being gay in the black community. The fear that young black gay kids go through is heartbreaking. It's bad in all community's. But the hate really runs deep in the black community. What makes it so bad most of them try to use the bible as an excuse. But be living the most sinful lives themselves. It's ridiculous.

Comment

• I don't think Black Parade has any chance of winning SOTY against Dua Lipa, based on The Weeknd snub, i can say they might not give her the "major categories". It all depends on whether she'll perform or not though.
                      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• I'm not even sure if she's going to attend the ceremony.

Comment

• Wait, there's still a physical ceremony? I'd think it'd be virtual.
                          Tick, tick, wait on it

Comment

• I don't give much about the grammys, I think they've been messy since the start, and having sooooooooo many amazing albums and eras forgotten and some dull albums&artists praised (too much) is a proof that it's more about $ and contacts than anything else.

But I love that beyoncé gets all this recognition, as she deserves it, she is a true talent of this musical times. But not getting AOTY for Self Title (ok, I loved Beck0s one so that one was less painful to me) and/or Lemonade (that was a COMPLETE rob, painful to see) almost make any other win/nom meaningless. It's sad that her creative peak (not in a bad way, she keeps delivering, but those two eras were imo the everest) went without big awards.

Beatles only won 1 big award for Michelle and Sgt...., Madonna managed to get nominated with ROL 15 years into her career after eras like True Blue, LAP, Vogue... Mariah had two song of the decade and lost with WBT against a U2 song noone remembers (I love U2).. and so on. So Cheers for Beyoncé and hope she wins ROTY but that won't change the fact she is already AMAZING nor the fact that grammys are meh.

VOTE UKMIX PARADE CHOICE AWARDS

Comment

It seems like things have gotten worse. That is why I got quite on screaming Black Lives Matter although I do speak up for injustices. Black Lives Matter rarely fights for Black Women and Black LGBTQ. In fact, near a BLM protest in Minn., a Black transwoman was beaten by 10+ Black people, mostly men. The way many straight Black men have attacked Megan is unbelievable. Black male rappers talk about having sex with women all the time but when WAP came out, Black men acted like they were saved Christians. The internet has exposed just how bad things are for Black women and Black LGBTQ.
                              This is it!

So happy with the nominations though. As some of you have said, this better not be a 'we ain't racist anymore' placation. I would love Beyoncé to win big and have the heifers come with their excuses 'Black Parade, what isss that!?!?'

"What goes around comes back around my baby"

Comment

• I love this part of the song. A masterpiece.
                                5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• God, she's incredible. She always hides amazing harmonies and vocals in her music. A true artist. Others might sell more but they're just not on her level, hence the Grammy noms.
                                  Tick, tick, wait on it

Comment

• A couple more awards to our King after the Soul Train Music Awards.

The more she wins the less awards won she has on Wikipedia. I find that fascinating.
                                    "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

• Parkwood didn't do that great at the Soul Train awards actually. BSG won Best Music Video but Black Parade and Chloe x Halle lost across the board, mostly to trash Chris Brown of all people.
                                      Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Did Blue Ivy just win a Soul Train Award with BSG video?
                                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                          Did Blue Ivy just win a Soul Train Award with BSG video?
                                          I think she already won last year for Best Collaboration. I'm not sure if the video award goes to the artists or the director.
                                          Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Hymn for the Weekend just came on and the fact that she avoided getting another smash to her name and probably a Grammy for best pop collab... she really hates success
                                            Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• There's one for IASF that says "I Am... White" lmaooooooooo.

There's also one for 4 that says "F*** EDM" lol.
                                                Last edited by lmcm1990; Tue December 1, 2020, 16:34.
                                                Tick, tick, wait on it

Comment

• Originally posted by lmcm1990 View Post
                                                  There's one for IASF that says "I Am... White" lmaooooooooo.

There's also one for 4 that says "F*** EDM" lol.
                                                  Hahaha both are perfect
                                                  Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• At first I didn't get the "I Am... White" one but then someone was like because after that she started catering to the culture.
                                                    Tick, tick, wait on it

Comment

Working...
                                                    X