No announcement yet.

Beyoncé

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think she had massive drive in the beginning. You could see it in her eyes. She loved artists like MJ Janet and Madonna growing up. But now she achieved great heights and her drive is gone, you can also see that in her eyes. When you win an over abundance of trophies what else possible can excite her?

Comment

• The Gift was associated with the movie though, so that point above about "leading many people to think it was a soundtrack or something associated with the movie".makes no sense. I mean it has interludes from the movie all over it, is literally called The Lion King - The Gift and was curated and released to coincide with the movie.

Also the Deluxe edition which was released the year later for BIK is interlude free ( thank God ) I quite like the album.
      Last edited by InFamous; Wed April 14, 2021, 12:45.
      " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
      Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
        The Gift was associated with the movie though, so that point above about "leading many people to think it was a soundtrack or something associated with the movie".makes no sense. I mean it has interludes from the movie all over it, is literally called The Lion King - The Gift and was curated and released to coincide with the movie.
        Which is basically DnBLover's point.
        It is associated with TLK but it's not the movie's soundtrack; the music has absolutely nothing to do with TLK, but it was marketed with TLK.
        Even some hive had no clue what it was - and probably still have not.
        It should have been released last July with Black is King or not associated with TLK when it was originally released.
        5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post

Which is basically DnBLover's point.
          It is associated with TLK but it's not the movie's soundtrack; the music has absolutely nothing to do with TLK, but it was marketed with TLK.
          Even some hive had no clue what it was - and probably still have not.
          It should have been released last July with Black is King or not associated with TLK when it was originally released.
          But that was all on her. She choose to release it that way - music curated for and inspired by The Lion King.

Comment

• That’s exactly what we were saying.
            5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Three years ago
              The most iconic female performance of all time. I would say only Queens live aid performance is more iconic tbh.

She's hasn't lost her drive. She literally just gave us black is King less than a year ago.the year before that the gift, Homecoming and the year before that we got everything is love, Coachella and OTR2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ska8er View Post
                To be honest I'm starting to think she never cared for the success and it was all Mathew.
                No, she definitely wanted it. I miss that desperation she had to be hugely successful, that she had around BDay. It’s just now I think she realises she can have a great family life and a comfortable career doing what she loves the most - actually being a singer and performing.

Straight white men rule everything around me

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post

No, she definitely wanted it. I miss that desperation she had to be hugely successful, that she had around BDay. It’s just now I think she realises she can have a great family life and a comfortable career doing what she loves the most - actually being a singer and performing.
                  I agree. She has a husband and 3 Young kids. Let her live. She put in her commercial years (1997-2010) then she wanted her acclaimed years (2011-2020). Sure I think she could have achieved both over the last 8 years but we can't re write history. At this stage in her life, after working since she was 9. I think her kids are most important to her. But she loves to work. I don't believe for one second that a album hasn't been recorded tbh. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by DnBLover View Post
                    The Gift is really a good example of how to ruin an album.
                    - Wrong branding, leading many people to think it was a soundtrack or something associated with the movie.
                    - filling the album with awful interrupting snippets from the movie on Spotify, and not providing even a Playlist to remove them.
                    - Awful lead single. It's by far her worst lead single, it's dripping with cheese, empty lyrics, boring melody and try hard vocals. If anything, release the piano version instead which was already a million times better than the overproduced cut. Obviously they were aiming for the Oscar, but the song did not deserve even a nomination in my opinion. Bigger deserved an Oscar. Now that song was haunting, and one of her best ever no question.
                    - Not changing the album name to Black Is King. This one was an easy late fix which didn't happen either.
                    - flat out ignoring all the hits in that album. It was literally all hits, even the tracks not featuring herself.
                    I completely agree with all of this.

Having all those film snippets interrupting the flow of the album was such a dumb decision. It kept me from streaming the album in its entirety and made me listen to the album outside of streaming. I bet it put a lot of people off from streaming the album.
                    "You know I got the sauce, you know I'm saucy"

Comment

• Does no one know how to make a playlist?
                      Straight white men rule everything around me

Comment

• Am I the only one who likes the snippets? Oh well...

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                          Does no one know how to make a playlist?
                          I mean

Originally posted by LittleLinda View Post
                          Am I the only one who likes the snippets? Oh well...
                          No, love them too! It elevated the whole thing and put together the story and what she was trying to do.
                          As a matter of fact, I don't play the Deluxe as it's weird, to me, without the bits from the movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

But that was all on her. She choose to release it that way - music curated for and inspired by The Lion King.
                            Exactly. Even her mom Tina posted on IG about how she was disappointed about people not knowing the existence of the album. I do hope she gets new people in her team for the new era, cause most of her recent launches, strategies & campaigns were not it...

The worst was when they surprise released Everything in Love by making an announcement on stage in London only for the album to be a Tidal exclusive (during that day). That was... a choice.

Comment

• It's The Lion King: The Gift.

Comment

• Ivy Park campaigns & Chloe x Halle promotions were really on point though (except for CxH's lack of radio & Spotify push) so I guess it was really all on Bey.

Comment

• How many times have we had this conversation anyway?

Comment

How many times have we had this conversation anyway?
                                    I agree but it's not like we have anything new to talk about.

Sooooo when is DJ Khaled dropping? At this point just give me anything really.

Comment

• Do we believe she'll something special (=release FWT) on Lemonade's anniversary?
                                      I would love for How To Make Lemonade to be available again.

Comment

• Yes please to Formation World Tour. Even if it's only an audio release to streaming services I'll take it.

Comment

• I don't expect her to come back with her own music before Q3, but she could appear in upcoming albums by DJ Khaled, Drake or Adele.

In terms of Lemonade's anniversary, I think we're just getting the film's release on Apple Music.

I would buy How to Make Lemonade in a hearbeat though, and would love for FWT to drop.
                                          Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Originally posted by abi View Post
                                            Yes please to Formation World Tour. Even if it's only an audio release to streaming services I'll take it.
                                            Hell yes.
                                            I hope she realized with Homecoming that people wants to listen to her live.

Comment

• And releasing her shows at least on audio would help her streaming performances tremendously.

Comment

• I will never forgive her for putting X No onto Self Titled and then having the audacity to release it as a single.

Comment

• Yes, FWT film please.
                                                  "You know I got the sauce, you know I'm saucy"

Comment

• That's how it started before Homecoming was released.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X