Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post

Hell yes.
    I hope she realized with Homecoming that people wants to listen to her live.
    I mean there's a reason why Homecoming is one of the most streamed live albums on Spotify of all time!

I legit always stop listening to many of her studio songs once I get the live versions in my phone. For example I don't even like "Diva" that much but all the different live versions are just wow (the OTR version mixed with "Clique" really hits different though) + and I've barely played the CD version of "Formation" anymore ever since we got Homecoming.

Comment

• Reading these posts made me watch Lemonade again and thank god. I haven't seen it in a year and it felt so fresh, almost like I was watching it for the first time. Damn, this thing is a real lyrical, musical, visual and conceptual masterpiece. How lucky we are, to stan such a hard-working, talented and creative woman.

Comment

• End of Time and Upgrade U being excluded at the last minute will never not hurt
        Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• At this point I either want a small release for the Lemonade anniversary (FWT, Lemonade movie on streaming platforms/YouTube)
          Or just disappear for a few months, let people get thirsty and give us a new album with a good rollout, singles, live performances and visuals. But I guess that's too much to ask for

Comment

• She will only post a “happy birthday Lemonade” with a baby lemon tree picture on her birthday blog and thats it

Comment

• Originally posted by Beyon View Post
              At this point I either want a small release for the Lemonade anniversary (FWT, Lemonade movie on streaming platforms/YouTube)
              Lemonade is an HBO production, so if it appears anywhere it'd be HBO Max. It will be on Apple Music though, and I think it's on TIDAL already.

FWT would be up for grabs though.
              Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• List 5 songs you don't wanna hear and 5 you do wanna hear next era

Run The World
                Feeling Myself
                End Of Time
                Freedom
                Baby Boy (if she doesn't 100%) change it up

Jealous
                irreplaceable
                6 Inch
                Already
                Find your way back

Comment

• So "Halo" was never in consideration for the setlist. Beyonce really said "I've had enough of this song". Surprised to find out that the DC3 section was supposed to be longer + I'm guessing "Love On Top" was a very last minute addition since it wasn't on that setlist.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
                    List 5 songs you don't wanna hear and 5 you do wanna hear next era
                    For the tour?

Don't:
                    "Feeling Myself"
                    "Flawless"
                    "Naughty Girl"
                    "Bootylicious"
                    "Diva"

Do:
                    "Already"
                    "Water"
                    "Nile"
                    "Start Over"
                    "Brown Eyes" specifically for the Asian leg if she ever comes here

Bring back:
                    "Dangerously in Love"
                    "Irreplaceable"
                    "Beautiful Liar" for the nostalgia
                    Specifically the original rendition of "Halo"
                    Specifically the chair choreography version of "Drunk in Love"

Comment

• Dangerously in Love is one of her most beautiful records. It's up there with Halo, or even better.

I can't believe she shirks Irreplaceable. That song was HUGE and a classic in its own right.
                      See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Honestly, Irreplaceable saved her during BDay. If she didn’t have that in her back pocket I’m not sure it would have sold as much or interest in her would have been what it was going into IASF. I miss BDay Beyoncé - she was desperate to be a massive supernova back then and I was so there for it
                        Straight white men rule everything around me

Comment

• I mean Beautiful Liar also was a huge success especially outside of the US and came after but yeah Irreplacable saved the standard edition. I'm not really sure why they thought pushing Ring The Alarm was a good idea I mean I love it live but it's not single material. Check On It definitely helped B'Day back then too though since it was only released 6 month before Deja Vu and therefore it was included anyway
                          aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
                            I mean Beautiful Liar also was a huge success especially outside of the US and came after but yeah Irreplacable saved the standard edition. I'm not really sure why they thought pushing Ring The Alarm was a good idea I mean I love it live but it's not single material. Check On It definitely helped B'Day back then too though since it was only released 6 month before Deja Vu and therefore it was included anyway
                            Check On It wasn’t on the standard US version, which probably didn’t help matters I honestly think once DV failed to hit #1 and RTA missed the top 10 Bey was like ‘I need to a do-over on this’.

If they had pushed Irreplaceable as the second single I’m not sure a re-release wouldn’t have been needed... though I’m not sure how much the original sold vs TGS re-release.

Comment

• Yall dont like Ring The Alarm? Can’t relate.

The song is more aggressive than the other singles but it fits well with the theme of Irreplaceable. It was different to hear something like that from her.

Get Me Bodied and Green Light were more questionable to me.

She really had a great run with Deja Vu to Beautiful Liar.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                Yall dont like Ring The Alarm? Can’t relate.

The song is more aggressive than the other singles but it fits well with the theme of Irreplaceable. It was different to hear something like that from her.

Get Me Bodied and Green Light were more questionable to me.

She really had a great run with Deja Vu to Beautiful Liar.
                                I love RTA but not as a single. GMB and GL are much better!

Comment

• Suena L’Alarma >
                                  5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Speaking of Ring the Alarm, this went viral today:

I would honestly love a BTS docuseries.
                                    Last edited by Omiros; Thu April 15, 2021, 16:17.
                                    Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Is that from the Vegas shows? It’s been years since I watched that, but I remember her being pretty vicious in wanting what she wanted - and I was there for it

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                                        Is that from the Vegas shows? It’s been years since I watched that, but I remember her being pretty vicious in wanting what she wanted - and I was there for it
                                        Actually this was in preparation of her 2006 VMA performance.
                                        5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post

Actually this was in preparation of her 2006 VMA performance.
                                          15 years ago, I can’t remember everything

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Yeah I'm pretty the majority of us love "Ring The Alarm" but it was just too aggressive for a radio single.

Sometimes I wonder what would've happened had "Irreplaceable" been the lead. Would've the album sold more (at least the first week sales) because it was a major hit or less because it was not a 'typical' Beyonce uptempo.

Comment

• Originally posted by abi View Post
                                                Yeah I'm pretty the majority of us love "Ring The Alarm" but it was just too aggressive for a radio single.

Sometimes I wonder what would've happened had "Irreplaceable" been the lead. Would've the album sold more (at least the first week sales) because it was a major hit or less because it was not a 'typical' Beyonce uptempo.
                                                I think Deja Vu was the perfect lead single, and Irrepleaceable was released at a good time too.

I could see her struggling between Ring the Alarm and Freakum Dress as the second single. Upgrade U would have been a clear choice but they probably wanted to avoid two consecutive Jay features.

Regardless, she sold Ring the Alarm and it did quite well considering how aggressive it is, but yeah, another single could have made the era even bigger.

Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• I wish she collaborated with Silk Sonic, her vocals could sound heavenly with that production.
                                                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Hmm...I cant say Beyoncé was the first person i thought about for a Silk Sonic collab. At least not these days.

Im sure it would sound good though.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X