No announcement yet.

Beyoncé

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im happy it turned out the way it did. It was disappointing at first after expecting new music but no need to give Dj Khaled anything. I hope this means solo music is coming soon or at least a proper collab (like Adele)
    aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Yeah but we don't know when that'll be? I honestly don't see her releasing an album the same year as Taylor/Adele, so she needs to jump on another collab.

We didn't get FWT or this, she needs to give us something soon
      Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Something is happening kinda soon.

I disagree with the Taylor/Adele comment though. They have totally different audiences for the most part. Plus she never cared in the past. Lemonade came 5 months after 25. Taylor is only releasing her re-recorded versions anyway. She might not go head to head in the same week but there's no way she would push a record to another year if it's finished.
        aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
            Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Something is happening kinda soon.

I disagree with the Taylor/Adele comment though. They have totally different audiences for the most part. Plus she never cared in the past. Lemonade came 5 months after 25. Taylor is only releasing her re-recorded versions anyway. She might not go head to head in the same week but there's no way she would push a record to another year if it's finished.
            Yeah but she wants that AOTY, and they are significantly more likely to get a nom/win.
            Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Ugh, I do NOT want a song with Adele.
              For me personally, her music is miserable. I don’t think their voices would blend well apart from on a ‘listen’ type song.

All I need is an uptempo summer anthem at most throw in a female rap from someone.
              "What goes around comes back around my baby"

Comment

• I'm actually glad it's only harmonies and that she's not credited.
                I personally don't need another jay and bey song for the next few years.
                I do hope we'll get something new soon though (and please if it's a collab be a new one and not a remix of an existing song)

Comment

• I mean, if she’s not releasing her album any time soon, a song that could tease the way to her return wouldnt be harmful.

The DJ Khaled song is nice. But it is crowded and (for me) better as an album track.

So, I hope if she does do a one off single that it is something better than what Khaled offered.
                  See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Still want a universal-sounding R&B/Pop midtempo as the lead. Think of the crossover appeal, the success & the vibes of these three songs but make it 2021:

And then surprise-premiere it at either the BBMAs or the BET Awards as the opening act.
                    Damn. My mind is really something else.

Comment

• Yeah, you're dreamer that's why

Comment

• I think she's aware. I see B7 being a commercial success.

Comment

• Originally posted by abi View Post
                          Still want a universal-sounding R&B/Pop midtempo as the lead. Think of the crossover appeal, the success & the vibes of these three songs but make it 2021:

And then surprise-premiere it at either the BBMAs or the BET Awards as the opening act.
                          Damn. My mind is really something else.
                          TASTE! Literally, three of my favorite R&B songs.
                          Tick, tick, wait on it

Comment

• Originally posted by lmcm1990 View Post

TASTE! Literally, three of my favorite R&B songs.
                            For real! I would add "No One" too. It's not one of my favorites but I love the carefree & euphoric vibes about it.

IA...SF really said "social distancing".

Comment

• I think her coming back with a irreplaceable like song would honestly be a massive hit.

Comment

• I mean, isn't that what BTINH was?

I'm all for a hit and one of the quality of Irreplacable but I can't think of any artist recently that's had a hit with that style (that being said I don't follow the charts or many artists anymore) so educate me.

Comment

• aaliyahman Yes but "Best Thing I Never Had"'s quality was questionable though.

You're right though regarding the lack of successful crossover R&B/Pop hits in the 2010s in that particular style. The one that I could think of is probably "Mirrors" by Justin Timberlake. And maybe "Boo'd Up" by Ella Mai (and to a lesser extent "Trip")? I don't recall both doing good on Pop though (might have to do with her name rather than the song for sure).

And that's why I think it's time to have another one.

Comment

• BTINH definitely not on the same level.

I do think a song like Irreplaceable could work if released today, particularly with how the message could work really well for going viral on things like tik tok. But I am not sure the R&B industry is going in that direction much these days.

Comment

• Well, now that we're seeing success from songs like "Leave the Door Open", "Heartbreak Anniversary" & "Go Crazy", hopefully they realize that there's really still a market for crossover R&B in the mainstream music scene.

I'm actually pretty surprised there weren't more R&B producers & singers who were trying to replica the sound of "Boo'd Up" after it blew up on the charts cause that's usually what they do. (see: Bryan Michael Cox, Jermaine Dupri & Stargate repeating the same formula for their hits back to back in the 2000s)

Comment

• Damn, the only song I've heard of is Mirrors.
                                        I just feel music isn't there to be particularly catchy or popular in the way it was then. It seems that it either goes viral because of tiktok or antics or it is 'on trend' at the time.

Then there's the surefire few like Adele or Taylor Swift who can release pretty much anything. It also irks me that everyone is demanding a Riri release yet I haven't seen nearly enough demand for Beyoncé to release (as she's always been giving us something whether they are sometimes horrible collabs).

Rather than her 'going back' or 'bringing back' I want her to bring something new that becomes a trend. She has the talent and artistry, I think it would be lazy of her to do an RnB midtempo/crossover whatever.

The songs that have become my favourites are ones that just came out and reinvented who she was even songs like Lose My Breath, Crazy In Love, RTW, EOT, Deja Vu these are songs that stand out for me for the risk they took when coming out. Some flopped yet when she does them on tour they pop. Irreplaceable was always nice and I remember at the time we were all surprised it became such a big hit even though it had all the qualities of one.
                                        Last edited by aaliyahman; Mon May 3, 2021, 14:08.

Comment

• I think it's time for a greatest hits album. I know some of y'all think it's pointless in the streaming era, but I think it's smart. Having 2-3 million sps sale's going to one album every year would boost her over all album sale's

Crazy in Love
                                          Halo
                                          Formation
                                          Ego
                                          Irreplaceable
                                          Sorry
                                          Single Ladies
                                          Deja Vu
                                          If I were a boy
                                          Hold up
                                          Beautiful liar
                                          XO
                                          Love on top
                                          Me myself and I
                                          Baby Boy
                                          Sweet Dreams
                                          7/11
                                          Drunk in Love
                                          Flawless
                                          Naughty Girl
                                          Run The world (Girls)

Comment

• Homecoming is literally that.
                                            5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                                              Homecoming is literally that.
                                              Homecoming is a live album that didn't include some of her biggest hits. Not me forgetting her best song though.(check on it)

Comment

• I find greatest hits in the streaming era to be pointless. If they want to play an older song they can have it in seconds, and if they want to have a collection of songs they can create a playlist.

Homecoming was a masterpiece in both celebrating her legacy and music through the years, whilst also showing off her unmatched skills as a performer. It's probably the closest thing to a greatest hits we're getting until she retires.

abi I do love that sound and would love for her to come back with something like that, but there's a very thin line where it could come accross as basic or dated. Maybe she can work with Gallant's team on something.

aaliyahman I would argue that Rihanna hasn't released an album in 5 years whilst Beyoncé had multiple projects during that time. I do find a lot of Hip-Hop/R&B twitter groups mention Rihanna a lot more often though, so she is more popular in that sense. I guess that's what happens when you don't release singles anymore and are known more for your celebrity status than your music.
                                                Last edited by Omiros; Wed May 5, 2021, 06:31.
                                                Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ska8er View Post
                                                  aaliyahman I would argue that Rihanna hasn't released an album in 5 years whilst Beyoncé had multiple projects during that time. I do find a lot of Hip-Hop/R&B twitter groups mention Rihanna a lot more often though, so she is more popular in that sense. I guess that's what happens when you don't release singles anymore and are known more for your celebrity status than your music.
                                                  Not to mention that most of Bey's side projects & features kinda turned people off and made people lose interest, including her own (R&B & Pop) fans. Last year was really tough as people were critizing every single move she made musically (people getting sick of the JAY Z features, sick of the 'Mufasa' jams, etc.). In UKMIX alone as someone who's been running the annual R&B/Hip-Hop countdown for a few years now I could name a bunch of Bey fans who haven't checked out The Gift & Everything is Love (#EXPOSED) so there's that.

I think the whole Ivy Park campaign is her way of trying to engage more with the GP and I think it's working really well so far. The reception has been overwhelmingly positive so I'm actually curious how they're gonna respond to her next era.

Comment

• Originally posted by abi View Post
                                                    I think the whole Ivy Park campaign is her way of trying to engage more with the GP and I think it's working really well so far. The reception has been overwhelmingly positive so I'm actually curious how they're gonna respond to her next era.
                                                    I would still disagree with that to be honest. Ivy Park may be successful, but it's still based on promoting her as a brand than an artist.

I can't think of the last time her or Parkwood promoted her music or actively tried to make it accessible to the general public.
                                                    Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X