No announcement yet.

Beyoncé

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This drought already feels longer than the pandemic...
    "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

• I've given up on waiting, she's too busy with Ivy Park.

I expect a cute little vinyl release for The Gift around Christmas and a new album/tour next spring. Maybe a collab or two if we're lucky in-between.
      Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• She's retired and we need to cope and find someone else to Stan for

Comment

• It's so dry but I'm happy she's happy

Comment

• Now that Kanye has returned to the illuminati, I want him producing for King.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugo View Post
              Now that Kanye has returned to the illuminati, I want him producing for King.
              I dreamt that she ended up being a feature on Donda last night. Jay's appearance gave my subconscious hope.
              Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• She could be in the album, uncredited, you know her.

Comment

• It's been 13 months since black parade. I want her to come back solo next year.
                  ​​​​​​

Comment

• "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

• I think we will get an album anywhere from spring to fall 2022.

Comment

• Chatting with friends about what new things Beyoncé could do to spark excitement in her career, and we decided a double album era is needed - one visual album and another completely separate studio album, both with different songs.

Like, imagine dropping a new album and announcing a Disney+ movie was to debut a week later, but with 12 completely different, unannounced songs that weren’t on the album... giving us a true visual album that only existed when watched.
                        Words are useless, especially sentences.
                        they don’t stand for anything.
                        How could they explain how I feel?

Comment

• menime123 Actually I don't mind a visual-less album for her. Like, not everything needs to have a music video and I'm cool with that. I just want a looong era with proper radio singles.

Also, what do you guys think if Beyonce pulls a Kanye and have a major listening party open to the fans like he did with Donda?

Comment

• Originally posted by abi View Post
                            Also, what do you guys think if Beyonce pulls a Kanye and have a major listening party open to the fans like he did with Donda?
                            I'd rather have her performing the album live in a stadium, broadcasted on Netflix or Youtube, then the album premieres.
                            5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• menime123 Although I did mention a few months back that'd be really cool if she had a deal with Netflix to release a visual album divided into several parts. Let's say, the first part (season) contains 3-4 music videos (episodes), and then a few months later the second part is released also containing another 3-4 music videos, followed by the third part and the fourth part.

And each part of these has to be represented by 1 official single to be pushed on the radio & uploaded to YouTube so there are gonna be 4 singles in total with the whole era lasting approximately 1 year.

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post

I'd rather have her performing the album live in a stadium, broadcasted on Netflix or Youtube, then the album premieres.
                                I'm actually down with that as well. Knowing her, it honestly makes total sense and doesn't seem to be a crazy idea. Beyonce BlueIvy please see this.

Comment

• "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

• Do you guys think she cares about her last few projects underperforming? I mean she said many times that she changed her view on what success is but even her mother was pissed about The Gift's flopping.
                                    AT least with 4 underperforming she had the chance to performe it live and now those songs are considered classics and not as flops as they were viewed back then. And then she came even harder with self titled.
                                    I just wonder if she's going to take those last few years as a sign to come harder or if she doesn't really care about it.

Comment

• Beyon As for the Gift, I don't think the album's underperformance affected her (since it's well received in Africa anyways a.k.a. the main target audience of the project). But I think it's more about the critics & backlash towards Black is King that might get to her but we don't know for sure. The hates she received for that whole project was insane to the point that Tina had to speak up.

As for EIL, seeing how the album was treated by both of them on tour - I doubt she does. I honestly think she has forgotten what several songs from that album sounded like.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beyon View Post
                                        Do you guys think she cares about her last few projects underperforming? I mean she said many times that she changed her view on what success is but even her mother was pissed about The Gift's flopping.
                                        AT least with 4 underperforming she had the chance to performe it live and now those songs are considered classics and not as flops as they were viewed back then. And then she came even harder with self titled.
                                        I just wonder if she's going to take those last few years as a sign to come harder or if she doesn't really care about it.
                                        Yes, I think she does care. Her personal barometer for success has changed but Beyoncé still needs commercial appeal in order to have a cultural impact - and having a cultural impact I think is very important to her.

I really admire how she uses her work to promote and celebrate black culture and her dedication to pushing her feminist agenda forward. In many ways Beyoncé is a cultural icon in the same way Madonna was in her prime - she supports the independence of women, uses her work to challenge her audience and inspires through her public persona... from her hairstyles, her fashion to just how she carries herself as a woman.

She has real power to influence culture and whilst that is great, she has to continue pushing forward musically too and maintaining her chart and sales success - there is no point in using your art to speak to your audience if your audience are no longer listening to what you have to say.

The issue I have with Beyoncé is that she doesn’t do many interviews anymore and we don’t get to peek inside her mind and figure out what is going on. No one ever stays static and it would be nice to just ‘visit with her’ from time to time.

Comment

• When I see the major impact the tiny glimpses we got of her working on Homecoming had on the GP, I’m thinking a full 90-min documentary about the next album would help a LOT.
                                          5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by abi View Post
                                            Beyon I honestly think she has forgotten what several songs from that album sounded like.
                                            Haven't we all

Regarding the documentaries, only Lemonade didn't have a behind the scenes/making of. 4, ST, homecoming and even the gift had some kind of insight Into their making.
                                            I don't see her giving interviews again and it's really a shame since it will spike a lot of interest and I'd love to hear what she have to say.

Last year's graduation speech she gave was the most insightful thing we heard from her recently and the closest thing to an interview we'll probably get in the foreseeable future.

Comment

• Y'all are tasteless. EiL gets played every day over here

Comment

• I only use "Black Effect" & "Apeshit" nowadays. "Boss" is still cute though.

Comment

• Tv performance seems to be a waste of time and preparation. So I hope they really just focus on playlist placements next era. But I still want a vma performance. They really do give her the creative freedom and time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
                                                    Tv performance seems to be a waste of time and preparation. So I hope they really just focus on playlist placements next era. But I still want a vma performance. They really do give her the creative freedom and time.
                                                    She needs to look beyond the US next time. I’m really surprised she doesn’t do what Madonna used to do, and do a 30 - 45 minute free gig (a few new songs and a hit or two to end) during album launch week that is broadcast/streamed live.

Creatively, it seems like such a Beyoncé move I’m surprised she doesn’t do it - then at least it would be promotion on her own terms.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X