Beyoncé

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
    Some of you hate that album but it's what turned Beyoncé into a huge global superstar.
    Yes, and we're all aware of it. The quality was not quite there (it wasn't a bad album by any mean though), but the success was there for sure. Her biggest era commercially.

Also, I feel like the Harpers Bazaar's interview has finally ignited some hype for B7, at least on the internet. The reactions are overwhelmingly positive so far, no negativity this time around.

Comment

• Originally posted by abi View Post
      Yes, and we're all aware of it. The quality was not quite there (it wasn't a bad album by any mean though), but the success was there for sure. Her biggest era commercially.

Also, I feel like the Harpers Bazaar's interview has finally ignited some hype for B7, at least on the internet. The reactions are overwhelmingly positive so far, no negativity this time around.
      What can they say anything negative about Beyoncé though? She served quality with 4, Self-titled and Lemonade. Fans of other girls can only dream of the praise, acclaim and awards she gets
      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post

What can they say anything negative about Beyoncé though? She served quality with 4, Self-titled and Lemonade. Fans of other girls can only dream of the praise, acclaim and awards she gets
        The internet is an infinite source of reasons to hate on people (nobody said they need to be valid or logical ).
        Just remember how many people bashed her for “exploiting African culture” with Black Is King.

Comment

• Yeah her side project eras were pretty tough both for the Beyhive and Mama Tina in terms of public's receptions. I have a very good feeling about this upcoming era though, and I'm super excited for it.

I just can't believe nobody has released a club Urban banger in 2021 so far, I for sure thought Normani would do it but she didn't. Here's hoping Bey will do it then! 2021's own "Lose My Breath"/"Crazy in Love"/"Yeah!"/"SexyBack"/"Promiscuous"/"Uptown Funk" yes please! (in terms of impact & party vibe, not necessarily the sound)

Comment

• Curious to see how this will turn out, I'm hoping for fresh music, whatever that is. The Gift proved that she still is in her music making prime.
            I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
            I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• the funny thing is. I adore the IASF era. But the 'album' never felt like an album but more or less a playlist. I tried listening the Platinum edition a few days ago and I am still confused who compiled that tracklisting. Even the original two disc was nice but especially on the Sasha disc it really went from Single Ladies to Radio to Diva to Sweet Dreams to Videophone and then Hello? Ego? ending with Scared of Lonely? Like

I am happy that after 4 her tracklistings were more based on a story / visual narrative which made her albums feel like a true body of art and not something where it doesn't matter whether you push shuffle or not.

I also still play Everyhting is Love and The Gift. I truly wish Everything Is Love got one or two more visuals. Apeshit is still amazing and I wonder what a video for LOVEHAPPY could have looked like I really adored the intereaction between Jay and Bey on that one.

I am more than ready for new Bey though.

Comment

• IASF is one of her worst albums (I do prefer it to DIL personally), but it gets too much hate. It's still better than other artist's best output.

Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• I hope she'll release a banger like End Of Time (as the lead single).
                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by Ska8er View Post
                    IASF is one of her worst albums (I do prefer it to DIL personally), but it gets too much hate. It's still better than other artist's best output.
                    Emphasis on one of her worst. The music was not bad. It was just not on the level one could have expected from Beyoncé as a natural progression after DIL and B'Day. That's it! it was as basic as one could get to have commercial success. It did what it had to do to bring Beyoncé to the next level of superstardom. What was baffling was that it could have been recorded by anyone else, whereas all of her other albums are tailored made by her, for her. On top of that, the visuals were quite cheap at a time when Gaga was giving you blockbusters, the performances were simple, quite laidback compared to what she was delivering in 2006/2007.
                    5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post

Emphasis on one of her worst. The music was not bad. It was just not on the level one could have expected from Beyoncé as a natural progression after DIL and B'Day. That's it! it was as basic as one could get to have commercial success. It did what it had to do to bring Beyoncé to the next level of superstardom. What was baffling was that it could have been recorded by anyone else, whereas all of her other albums are tailored made by her, for her.
                      I agree. Although I would say I didn't have any problem with any of the singles at all. I thought they were all great/good (except for "Video Phone", especially the Gaga remix). It's the forgettable album tracks for me, which is quite a rare issue for a Beyonce album.

Anyway, I rarely see people talk about Dangerously in Love (the album) but I honestly think it deserves to be recognized more. Such a very consistent R&B body of work. Great single choices, great album tracks, great vocals, great music videos. My only complain is that they put all the uptempo single materials at the beginning of the album which makes the second-half of the album feel too ballad-heavy.

"The Closer I Get To You" is such a beautiful hidden gem.

Comment

• Dangerously In Love (album) became a lot better with time for me, I really appriciate it more. But that is also because I was still a kid when it was released. Ofcourse I tried to singalong and loved the singles. But a song like Speechless is brilliant but when I was younger, it didn't do anything for me and now I am living for a track like that

Comment

• Originally posted by IVyoncé View Post
                          Dangerously In Love (album) became a lot better with time for me, I really appriciate it more. But that is also because I was still a kid when it was released. Ofcourse I tried to singalong and loved the singles. But a song like Speechless is brilliant but when I was younger, it didn't do anything for me and now I am living for a track like that
                          I guess it's kinda the same for me too. Back then, the whole R&B genre was new to me. I couldn't fully appreciate albums like this or Confessions or Destiny Fulfilled until a few years later. I'm actually still surprised myself that I was able to enjoy those albums back then, like a 10-year old me jamming to "The Closer I Get To You" and "Be With You". Wow. I kinda feel like my music taste has gotten worse these past few years. Yikes.

Also, same with "Speechless". It's the The Beyonce Experience version that really did it for me!

Comment

• My major gripe with DIL is how many samples and interpolations it uses. It’s a good album, but too much of the sound is just recycled stuff from other artists.

Comment

• The R&B auntie in me always loved DIL, even as a kid lol.

I was honestly thrown off when B'day happened because she completely got rid of the slow R&B sound that she had prior (although now, I see the vision and love Bday too)

Comment

• DIL is mostly crap - I can understand why the label were like ‘what is this mess?’. B’Day really tied into the whole genre mashing that was happening at the time and I love it.

Yes it sounds commercial, but at the same time music should have no limits and I have always felt like more work went into finding the right sound than the end product would have you think - there’s a simplicity to it that’s pretty deceptive.

It’s a bit like Dolly Parton - “It costs a lot of money to sound this cheap”
                                Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Comment

• Mozart and Beythoven
                                  "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

She gonna release before Grammy deadline
                                    Would be smart. What competition is out rn?

The Dil shade. The album is good. Y'all just tasteless

Comment

• Originally posted by IVyoncé View Post
                                      Dangerously In Love (album) became a lot better with time for me, I really appriciate it more. But that is also because I was still a kid when it was released. Ofcourse I tried to singalong and loved the singles. But a song like Speechless is brilliant but when I was younger, it didn't do anything for me and now I am living for a track like that
                                      Yeah same. It's really an album that you appreciate more once you're a bit older.
                                      "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

• I love Bey's explanation behind the black and white imagery of the I Am era. She really said "f*ck you" to that team with that stupid research... and I'm living for it.
                                        It kind of gives me a whole new appreciation for that era.
                                        "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post

Would be smart. What competition is out rn?
                                          Olivia, Billie & maybe Taylor? And Silk Sonic if they decided to release before the deadline. Maybe Drake & Kanye too also if they decided to release before the deadline.

For Contemporary R&B I can't think of any aside from Silk Sonic. This year has been hella weak.

Edit: Nevermind, H.E.R.'s probs gonna get some.

Comment

• So this is the Maverick guy who consistently upload her tour videos on YouTube everywhere she goes. Respect to him!

Also "I would love it if Beyonce went back to Asia". THANK YOU, THANK YOU! Beyonce's team please see this.

Comment

• CNN interviewing Beyoncé's fans. Our power.
                                              5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Am I delusional for hoping that - since it's her milestone birthday soon, including her favourite number - maybe we'll not just get a brand new solo album but also something extra special from the vault? There are so many possibilities that my brain is overflowing with ideas. None of which will materialise, I'm afraid, but it certainly would be a nice opportunity.

Comment

• So maybe music should have come earlier this year or she wanted to tour first and release the album during the tour like The Mrs Carter tour.
                                                  I wonder if it means she'll tour only next summer and what does it mean for the album release date.

Comment

• Rumour was The Gift was getting a 2020 stadium tour wasn’t it? I can see her pushing that back to 2021, but sadly I can’t see that being pushed back any further.
                                                    Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Comment

Working...
                                                    X