No announcement yet.

Beyoncé

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, wasn’t it already announced by Tiffany at that point that an ad was coming?

Comment

• The "plane" tweet is from March 2021.

Anyway.

5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
        The "plane" tweet is from March 2021.
        Ok, but on the 7th of September they simply wrote “coming”, when it was already known that there would be a Tiffany commercial released the next week, but (deliberately) didn’t mention the date or even hint at that it was indeed for the commercial. How is that “insider information”?
        All their “tea” is vague enough to play the “I told you so”-card afterwards, without ever confirming anything. Cold reading tactics, basically.

Comment

• Imagine B dropping an album on September 24th as rumored
          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
              I know they are not always reliable, but…
              When have they been? I've only gotten fan fiction and wrong dates from them, with some rare true leaks which were first reported by other accounts.

No offence, I wish it's true. But I've never seen them be reliable when it comes to Bey.
              Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• It's still funny to me that she used make a huge deal of the number 4 back in the day but when she's actually turning 40 we practically didn't get anything. Not even a cute birthday post or something.

Comment

• She's saving it all for her 44th, including B7
                  "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

• She's retired and the "music is coming" comment was her getting back at us for letting The Gift flop

Comment

• This extended vacation is probably the last resting days before the storm.
                      5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by Beyon View Post
                        She's retired and the "music is coming" comment was her getting back at us for letting The Gift flop
                        I mean she didn't lie about that "the music is coming". "Moon River" cover!

Comment

• Originally posted by abi View Post
                          I mean she didn't lie about that "the music is coming". "Moon River" cover!
                          Imagine if that's the case and it's not even available anywhere but that one YouTube snippet

Comment

• Although I know she'll do it justice I really prefer that if she's going into acting again and let alone another soundtrack, she won't do a remake.

​​​​​​

Comment

• This has bad idea written all over it.

Comment

• I'd say no to the Bodyguard remake as well. I don't think B is a bad actress but I just don't think she's strong enough to play that role.

Also, the original was already very iconic and important that it would be a huge task & responsibility to match the quality and it'll draw an even bigger comparison if a black R&B woman is playing Whitney. I'd say no to the remake in general but if it really were about to happen, I think they have to completely re-brand it into something new to steer away from the original.

Comment

• Ew, Beyoncé is so above that.
                                  "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

• To be fair I liked all her films. I wouldn't mind her dabbling in acting again. But I would prefer an original film, not a remake.
                                    Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• She needs to focus on her music career. She is not an actress.
                                      Diva!!!

Comment

• This Bodyguard remake is doomed to fail. It could NEVER live up to the hype.
                                        Plus the original is not that good, apart from the epic soundtrack and Whitney.
                                        The storyline is ridiculous.

Comment

• I’m here for Bey doing a rebooted Bodyguard. I’m not here for a remake, but when you consider how much the world has changed in the last 30 years, there’s so much storyline potential to make her own version of it (even if the beats are the same, e.g. having a kid, a failed assassination attempt at the end etc).

Done right they could make it incredibly dark and creepy. Especially when you consider all the new technological ways of stalking someone - like, having someone hack into your accounts, or install spyware to watch you through your laptop webcam, mirroring your phone etc.

It could be a much bigger cat and mouse game and one angle that should be explored is how to make the female lead more empowering - the whole ‘prince saves his helpless princess from a dragon’ isn’t going to fly now either, and ties right in with Beyoncé’s female empowerment stance.
                                          Words are useless, especially sentences.
                                          they don’t stand for anything.
                                          How could they explain how I feel?

Comment

• They could do the re-make like ASIB, a different version compared to original one. Still, it'll still be compared to the og movie and it'll do no favors for B as the music of the original is so iconic.
                                            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                              They could do the re-make like ASIB, a different version compared to original one. Still, it'll still be compared to the og movie and it'll do no favors for B as the music of the original is so iconic.
                                              Obviously not in the same way as IWALY, but both incarnations of ASIB also had iconic songs - The Man That God Away and Evergreen.
                                              Words are useless, especially sentences.
                                              they don’t stand for anything.
                                              How could they explain how I feel?

Comment

• Not some of y'all saying Bey couldn't do the role any justice as if Whitney was an Oscar-caliber actress. That movie was carried by Kevin Costner, y'all are tripping.
                                                Tick, tick, wait on it

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                                                  I’m here for Bey doing a rebooted Bodyguard. I’m not here for a remake, but when you consider how much the world has changed in the last 30 years, there’s so much storyline potential to make her own version of it (even if the beats are the same, e.g. having a kid, a failed assassination attempt at the end etc).

Done right they could make it incredibly dark and creepy. Especially when you consider all the new technological ways of stalking someone - like, having someone hack into your accounts, or install spyware to watch you through your laptop webcam, mirroring your phone etc.

It could be a much bigger cat and mouse game and one angle that should be explored is how to make the female lead more empowering - the whole ‘prince saves his helpless princess from a dragon’ isn’t going to fly now either, and ties right in with Beyoncé’s female empowerment stance.
                                                  I really like this approach.
                                                  "What goes around comes back around my baby"

Comment

• Her recent Instagram posts are hilarious, uploading gazillion photos from her vacation and some really blurry selfies like she's a basic teenager

Last edited by Beyon; Sun September 19, 2021, 00:42.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X