​​​​​​

Comment

• "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

Comment

Comment

• Last edited by Hugo; Thu October 7, 2021, 07:32.
            "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

• She's promoting other people's work more than her own
              Last edited by spiritboy; Thu October 7, 2021, 09:14.
              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• The generous queen.

Comment

• I'm in the same city as the queen

If only I knew where she is exactly
                  Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ska8er View Post
                    I'm in the same city as the queen

If only I knew where she is exactly
                    Probably gone already
                    5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• When she [Adele] brings up Beyoncé, I ask about her 2017 Grammys acceptance speech, the one in which she tearfully paid tribute to Lemonade. It is a measure of how seriously Adele takes music, and women, and music made by women, that after hours of recounting the most painful events of her life, Beyoncé is the only topic of conversation that brings her to tears.

“My personal opinion is that Beyoncé definitely should have won,” Adele says. She assumed Beyoncé would win, up until the awards show started. And then: “I just got this feeling: I ******* won it. I got overwhelmed, with, like, I will have to go and tell her how much her record means to me.” Adele’s voice starts to crack. “I’m getting a bit emotional.”

Adele went to Beyoncé’s dressing room. On a first visit, she didn’t get it off her chest, and after she left, she burst into tears. Konecki dragged her back, and Beyoncé’s publicist cleared out the room. “I just said to her, like, the way that the Grammys works, and the people who control it at the very, very top—they don’t know what a visual album is. They don’t want to support the way that she’s moving things forward with her releases and the things that she’s talking about.”

Asked why Lemonade deserved to win, Adele says: “For my friends who are women of color, it was such a huge acknowledgment for them, of the sort of undermined grief that they go through. For her to nail that on the head, and also bring in the entire globe? I was like, This album is my album, she just knows what I’m going through. That album was not written for me. But yet I could still feel like, This is the biggest gift.”
                      https://www.vogue.com/article/adele-cover-november-2021
                      5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post

Probably gone already
                        True.

And lovely excerpt from the Adele interview. Too bad they'll be going head to head again
                        Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• It's nice to know how Adele appreciated the 'Lemonade' album, even though she should not be ashamed to be proud of her own record as well.
                          Pro: freedom of speech
                          Contra: cancel culture

Comment

Comment

• So sweet of Adele, she really is the whole beyhive.
                              "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

Comment

• At this point I feel like an album will only arrive at 2022 the earliest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beyon View Post
                                    At this point I feel like an album will only arrive at 2022 the earliest.
                                    I don't expect anything for the rest of the year, especially now that Adele is releasing. She might promote Be Alive during the awards season and maybe release another Ivy Park drop but I think that's it for the year.
                                    Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

I don't expect anything for the rest of the year, especially now that Adele is releasing. She might promote Be Alive during the awards season and maybe release another Ivy Park drop but I think that's it for the year.
                                      I agree. It's just weird with the music is coming comment.
                                      I wonder if something changed or if it was not as calculated as you'd expect from her.

Comment

I agree. It's just weird with the music is coming comment.
                                        I wonder if something changed or if it was not as calculated as you'd expect from her.
                                        Well music could just be Be Alive to be fair, or she could feature on another song before the end of the year too?

In the same interview she did say she spent most of the year relaxing, and she's been travelling the past few months, so she definitely isn't preparing to launch a new era anytime soon. I'm sure she'll continue with the visual albums too, so she needs to film whatever she's recording as well.

By the way Adele said that there's no features on her album, so the duet rumours were complete bs.
                                        Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Silk Sonic is dropping next month after all, so we might get new Bey (if the rumours were true).
                                          Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Yeah like the Adele collab.

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                                              Yeah like the Adele collab.
                                              I think the Silk Sonic collab was mentioned by a label executive or insider. I remember a deleted tweet floating around. So it may be more credible.

Not holding out my breath though
                                              Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

At this point I feel like an album will only arrive at 2022 the earliest.
                                                I actually feel the same way. Hopefully we're aiming for Q1 2022.

I'm hoping she would still perform at a major event to launch the album/lead single. I'm thinking the GRAMMY's maybe? Or maybe idk the New Year's Eve celebration?

Comment

I think the Silk Sonic collab was mentioned by a label executive or insider. I remember a deleted tweet floating around. So it may be more credible.

Not holding out my breath though
                                                  Yeah but then again if she really recorded for Silk Sonic we still don't know if it's gonna make the album. They'll only have 9 songs on it and we've already heard 3 of them so far.

She needs to tease us a lot more frequently with more music news to get us hyped. Even in UKMIX I feel like it's always the same remaining 5 of us coming back to this thread over and over.

Where is even BeeBoy by the way?

Comment

• We also know that she's appearing on the Isley Brothers' & Shatta Wale's upcoming albums respectively but then again, we still have no release date. So annoying.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X