Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beyoncé

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Ska8er View Post
    Having said that, it's not really commercial and I don't see it doing well, especially without a push.
    This surprises me, as many people claimed it was so instant.
    But this is exactly what I feared with all the previous praise: It’s probably not gonna live up to that.

    Oh well, tastes are different, so maybe I’ll love it. Not sure about that predicted Oscar glory, though. Then again: There have been unexpected, if not questionable, wins in the past - so who knows.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post

      He thinks XO is the best song her career, we’re good.
      I actually like XO, so…
      But then again: Best of her career? No.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by LittleLinda View Post
        This surprises me, as many people claimed it was so instant.
        But this is exactly what I feared with all the previous praise: It’s probably not gonna live up to that.

        Oh well, tastes are different, so maybe I’ll love it. Not sure about that predicted Oscar glory, though. Then again: There have been unexpected, if not questionable, wins in the past - so who knows.
        I really like it, but I don't see it beating No Time to Die. Especially if it has Bey's post-4 single treatment.
        Rest In Peace Lilly!

        Comment


        • The Oscars are for 007 songs. So forget about it. ​​​​

          If it sounds like Freedom and Black Parade, we're good. I just don't want derivative stuff, like Spirit, you know, songs that could be on Adele's 98 and have a sepia music video.
          "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Hugo View Post
            The Oscars are for 007 songs. So forget about it. ​​​​

            If it sounds like Freedom and Black Parade, we're good. I just don't want derivative stuff, like Spirit, you know, songs that could be on Adele's 98 and have a sepia music video.
            It's definitely better than Spirit! From the reviews, I expected something with hit potential though, so I thought it'd be best to adjust your expectations.

            I love both Black Parade and Freedom, and I can't wait to listen to it again.
            Rest In Peace Lilly!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Hugo View Post
              The Oscars are for 007 songs. So forget about it. ​​​​

              If it sounds like Freedom and Black Parade, we're good. I just don't want derivative stuff, like Spirit, you know, songs that could be on Adele's 98 and have a sepia music video.

              I am not sure if this is factually correct because only two 007 songs have won an Oscar. One being Adele for Skayfall which was a monster track and Sam smith won in a very very very weak year.


              Beyonce is the favourite this year and the hive needs to start believing it. Will is fav for actor so they will be promoting both songs. Billie has an issue of having a song that is also two years old now and also the strong sonically is not that ground breaking in the Oscars sense.

              Forever Young

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Ska8er View Post

                It's definitely better than Spirit! From the reviews, I expected something with hit potential though, so I thought it'd be best to adjust your expectations.

                I love both Black Parade and Freedom, and I can't wait to listen to it again.

                It depends how the chorus sounds though. I think tbh she just needs a top 10 hit and not aiming for a shallow moment though shallow took a minute to take off
                Forever Young

                Comment


                • Originally posted by LittleLinda View Post
                  Well, now you got me scared. Spirit is not a particularly good song.
                  Spirit is decent. The warmth @ emotion in her voice is absolutely beautiful on it

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post

                    He thinks XO is the best song her career, we’re good.
                    Now hey hey heey. The underlined xo shade isn't cute

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post

                      Spirit is decent. The warmth @ emotion in her voice is absolutely beautiful on it
                      I think the issue with spirit was lyrics within the prechorus and the chorus was actually not catchy


                      this one. Feeeeeel so good to be alive. The message is right timing with COVID19 etc
                      Forever Young

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Loveguru View Post

                        I think the issue with spirit was lyrics within the prechorus and the chorus was actually not catchy


                        this one. Feeeeeel so good to be alive. The message is right timing with COVID19 etc
                        I hope I'm wrong. Bit the snippet isn't promising. I think had spirit been handled the same way it would've received the same praise.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Loveguru View Post

                          I think the issue with spirit was lyrics within the prechorus and the chorus was actually not catchy


                          this one. Feeeeeel so good to be alive. The message is right timing with COVID19 etc
                          Just heard the 2nd snippet. I think I'm wrong

                          Comment


                          • Damn with those snippets.
                            i heard a few seconds from one and stopped because it's not how I want to hear the song.
                            Just release it already

                            Comment


                            • Ok. The intro does nothing for the song. It's soooo good. It's not pop at all. It might actually win that oscar

                              Comment


                              • I do think they'll give the Oscar to James Bond song.
                                Cha Cha Instructor

                                Comment


                                • I dont care about an Oscar BUT a nomination means a performance and THAT I want.
                                  5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post

                                    Just heard the 2nd snippet. I think I'm wrong
                                    Lol at you doing a 180 based on mere seconds of a song.

                                    I’ve heard 4 snippets, but I can’t judge based on those ultra-short, low quality tidbits. I don’t think they give a clear picture of the song at all.

                                    Comment


                                    • "Best Thing I Never Had" little resurgence. I'm guessing TikTok?

                                      Comment


                                      • 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

                                        Comment


                                        • The number of users on Spotify has been increasing steadily but still its impressive how big Halo is.
                                          I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                          I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

                                          Comment


                                          • Adele doing everything right promo wise is getting me thirsty and upset

                                            Comment


                                            • 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by DnBLover View Post
                                                The number of users on Spotify has been increasing steadily but still its impressive how big Halo is.
                                                Truly a classic.



                                                I'm genuinely surprised "Irreplaceable" isn't becoming a truly classic next to "Halo" & "Crazy in Love". I really thought it was gonna be THE classic but I guess I was wrong. #BringFullIrreplaceableBackOnTour2022

                                                Comment


                                                • Irreplaceable should be a timeless classic but maybe it isn’t because instead of packing Jay’s stuff in the box to the left, she let him stay.
                                                  Bleep Bloop Blop

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Irreplaceable was a juggernaut in the US, but nowhere near the IASF singles in other territories.
                                                    The fact that she has not performed it since 2013 is not helping either.
                                                    5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X