No announcement yet.

Beyoncé

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I knew Halo would be a huge classic the moment i first heard the song.
    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
      Irreplaceable was a juggernaut in the US, but nowhere near the IASF singles in other territories.
      The fact that she has not performed it since 2013 is not helping either.
      "Irreplaceable" was massive in Asia. It was her signature song at some point (felt bigger than "Crazy In Love" to me over here - it was the #1 song on MTV Asia of 2007 YED I remember that ). But then entering the 2010s, it just kinda... dipped for some reason. Idk, I think "Love On Top" kinda replaced it as another go-to karaoke/singalong Beyonce song other than "Halo". Note sure though.

Edit: Okay nevermind, it was #3 behind "Umbrella" & "When You're Gone" but still...

Comment

• Okay so I just listened to "Halo" again and it's actually... really beautiful. I was really obsessed with this song when this first came out but then I stopped playing it for a while (for a few years actually) because it was just so super overplayed.

Comment

• What a legend.
          "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

• Kinda feel Bey has fallen off a bit. I hope she comes back with something lighter next era. If it’s another Lemonade/The Gift, she will struggle. It’s the CIL and LOT type songs that have the best recurrent streams. Another album like 4 would be ideal.

Comment

• She’s dug in deep to the artist side of her job over the last few projects, but it has come at a commercial cost. She hasn’t actually released a solo album in the streaming era to every platform consecutively, so with a strong lead single and rollout plan things could get interesting.

I’m all for her doing her thing but I think next time, she needs a big commercial lead single - everything else on the album can be artistic expression and exploration, but a chart hit would definitely help her out. Frankly another big solo single would be welcome by the label, the casuals and frankly, most of the fans at this point.

Even with Lemonade, looking back all people were interested in was trying to work out who Becky Good Hair was. Without that Lemonade wouldn’t have got anywhere near as much attention.
              Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• The fact that I still come across performances I've never seen. She really put in work between 97-09

Comment

• I think she has a problem with picking the right lead singles atm.

I mean Water should have lead the gift!
                  Forever Young

Comment

• Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Beeeeeeeeytch

That's qualité!!!

Comment

• She could've had 3 or 4 major hits with Lemonade but she chose not to. Formation, Hold Up and Sorry had major hit potentials.

Random info, Listen is one of her biggest songs in Turkey.
                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by Loveguru View Post

I mean Water should have lead the gift!
                          I think Mood 4 Eva had the biggest commercial appeal.
                          Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                            She’s dug in deep to the artist side of her job over the last few projects, but it has come at a commercial cost. She hasn’t actually released a solo album in the streaming era to every platform consecutively, so with a strong lead single and rollout plan things could get interesting.

I’m all for her doing her thing but I think next time, she needs a big commercial lead single - everything else on the album can be artistic expression and exploration, but a chart hit would definitely help her out. Frankly another big solo single would be welcome by the label, the casuals and frankly, most of the fans at this point.

Even with Lemonade, looking back all people were interested in was trying to work out who Becky Good Hair was. Without that Lemonade wouldn’t have got anywhere near as much attention.
                            That last paragraph is absolute nonsense

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• I mean, King

Comment

• The fashion icon.

Comment

• Comment

• They don’t know sh**.

I can do that, too. “Beyoncé’s new album will be released in the last week of January - unless she pushes it back or pulls it up, duh - and rumor has it that [insert random fact here that might or might not be true].”
                                      Just have to get myself a Twitter account and a name that includes the word “leak” somewhere.
                                      Sometimes I will end up being right, which will make people say “they were right about soandso!” in the future. Easy.

Comment

• Yeah ok sure.
                                        5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by LittleLinda View Post
                                          They don’t know sh**.

I can do that, too. “Beyoncé’s new album will be released in the last week of January - unless she pushes it back or pulls it up, duh - and rumor has it that [insert random fact here that might or might not be true].”
                                          Just have to get myself a Twitter account and a name that includes the word “leak” somewhere.
                                          Sometimes I will end up being right, which will make people say “they were right about soandso!” in the future. Easy.
                                          Do you know how reliable Mr S is? probably the only true reliable insider. He was dropping Tea on atrl for a minute now. Well before these other twitter pages started popping up.

Comment

• Reliable or not, nobody - not even yoncé - can predict the future and call a future album her last solo album.
                                            Her last solo with her current label, maybe. But that's about how far we can go with predictions.
                                            5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post

Do you know how reliable Mr S is? probably the only true reliable insider. He was dropping Tea on atrl for a minute now. Well before these other twitter pages started popping up.
                                              Did you not read my post? Anyone can come up with “reliable” info with just a tiny bit of industry insight and the right wording, because a lot of these predictions are bound to end up being true.

As for this particular tweet:
                                              ”Rumor has it”? Do you even realise how empty that phrase is? And the broad release window… not hard to guesstimate at all and if it turns out to be different then it’ll simply have been pushed back or pulled up.
                                              Nothing in this tweet is of any value information wise and none of it even requires actual insight. No matter how reliable and knowledgeable you think this particular account is: With this tweet they gave us nothing.

Comment

• I'm pretty sure Mr. S on Twitter is not the same person as Mr. S on ATRL Aaronsmithjune1

ATRL's Mr. S is the one that's super reliable, he's always the one that's super specific & never be vague. The one on Twitter is not the same person & is just an attention seeker.

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                                    X