X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugo View Post
      I know she knows we didn't like this song and it saddens me.
      There is no way she didn’t know it was sub par though.
      Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugo View Post
        I know she knows we didn't like this song and it saddens me.
        Considering she doesn't even bother to make a single post about this on Instagram I doubt she cares about what we think about it. She didn't even show up to the King Richard premiere.

But when it comes to IVY PARK, watch her post 12 pictures a day + send packages to 100 different celebrities from all the continents. Cause priorities...

Comment

• She is becoming too detached from her audience.
          I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
          I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• I don't mind the song. It's a shame that a film about my two favourite icons on the planet and featuring my favourite actor *doesn't* have a 'My Heart Will Go On' level of worldwide smash song but it is what it is in a time when only Bond songs really can be relied upon somewhat to do so.

This song could have really been about celebrating black excellence yet after BIK and Black Parade and the amount *being black* has been present in media (and the negative effects it has had amongst racist and borderline racist Americans), I think this song needed to be lighter and more generic so it wouldn't bog Beyonce and the film down with 'Oh another black power fim/message' by those Americans who make up the largest percentage of the demographic this film needs in order to smash.

I don't think she is detached from her audience at all, she's just aware of the line she has to teeter to cater to all audiences without switching off some.
            Last edited by aaliyahman; Wed November 17, 2021, 09:39.
            "What goes around comes back around my baby"

Comment

• Originally posted by aaliyahman View Post

I don't think she is detached from her audience at all, she's just aware of the line she has to teeter to cater to all audience without switching off some.
              But this song doesn’t cater to anyone, it’s just crap
              Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• There will be a reaction when those stadiums are half empty.

Anyway, rumors of B7 dropping before the end of the year with a major announcement but no single before the release.
                5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Actually the intro of Be Alive is stunning. And if the song is re-worked by a good producer, it can actually become really good.
                  I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                  I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• Originally posted by DnBLover View Post
                    Actually the intro of Be Alive is stunning. And if the song is re-worked by a good producer, it can actually become really good.
                    I've been mumbling it ever since it came out and I only bothered to play it a handful of times. I know a remix would do it justice.
                    "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

• The song is not among her best ones but it isn’t as bad either, some people IMO are overreacting

But yeah, I think she needs to get her sh*t together and come back to a proper studio album / era. No more side projects for now.
                      Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                      Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• ki
                        5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Yikes, if it's another Tidal exclusive I hope she flops.

J/k but we want Netflix!

Comment

• Ideally I want her to launch the lead at the AMA's + album on either Christmas or New Year's Eve cause I believe AMA's is the only American award show left where she hasn't had any super major performance yet.

BBMA's has the "Run The World" performance, VMA's has many, GRAMMYs has "Love Drought", BET has "Freedom", even the CMAs has "Daddy Lessons".

Comment

• There’s no way she’s surprise dropping this week, which presumably is what Tidal are intimating about someone - Adele is coming and there’s no way Bey will go head to head.
                              Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• It was a joke, guys.
                                Their tweet had nothing to do with Beyoncé.
                                They were announcing new features on the app.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                                  The song is not among her best ones but it isn’t as bad either, some people IMO are overreacting .
                                  Absolutely. I think expectations were just too high from how epic the trailer made it sound.
                                  The melody is in fact very catchy, I find myself humming it every now and then, even though I haven’t listened to the song very often. The minimal production is in fact also something I could’ve lived with - the only thing that really bothers me is the lack of a climax.
                                  I‘m sure that won’t be an issue with the live performances, so I am almost certain that it will grow on the Hive once we have a performance.

Comment

• Originally posted by LittleLinda View Post
                                    so I am almost certain that it will grow on the Hive once we have a performance.
                                    If we ever have any - which is the only reason why I want an Oscar nomination.

Comment

• Girl that shit wack. Bring back the bops Bey

Comment

• She's somewhere in the UK.

Comment

• I'm kind of bummed of how unsatisfying was Be Alive's release. I know it's only been a week but I feel like it's been a very long time since we've gotten a release from her which had a long lasting impact.
                                          Everything is Love was released, gotten one video and was barely performed.
                                          Not one song from The gift was performed even once.
                                          Both black parade and Savage was paid dust by her.

It just feels that almost everything after Lemonade didn't stuck. It was released and was forgotten after a week or two.
                                          I'd love a real era, a long one, with acknowledgement of the songs in the form of videos and performances, maybe interviews, behind the scenes, documentary.
                                          Don't just release a song, ignore it and let it die.

Comment

• B7 in March
                                            BO$$

Comment

• Originally posted by isamanttha View Post
                                              B7 in March
                                              Sure.

Comment

• B7 will be released in 2021. If not, 2022. If not, 2023. Bookmark me.

Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Damn B, I wasn't expecting so much promo for Be Alive

Comment

Working...
                                                    X