No announcement yet.

Beyoncé

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It still is according to the critics and experts, but I can't see her winning over Billie. No Time To Die might be 2 years old, but she has the bigger (and better) song and a lot more promotion/exposure.

Bey paid Be Alive dust, just like the rest of her music. But hey, at least we got Ivy Park.
    Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Be Alive literally sounds like Blue selling demos for extra pocket money. I don’t know how Beyoncé thought it was good enough for release.
      Straight white men rule everything around me

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post
        So much for Be Alive being a front runner
        It still is. I think you are misinterpreting what the term “being a front runner” means. Nobody ever predicted a sure-fire win, but her chances at a nomination are as strong as ever.

With Billie adding a GG to her list of precursors won, the Oscar is almost certain to go to her, but chances were good even before the Globes. That doesn’t change the fact that the movie world seems to love Be Alive, as evidenced by it netting Beyoncé more nominations at movie awards than all her other songs.

Whether the song is “deserving” or not is up to opinion and not much of a factor. As is it’s complete lack of commercial success (did it even chart at all?). Movie awards and music awards are two entirely different beasts.

I’m actually glad that it won’t win, I’d rather have her get an Oscar for something more memorable and widely appreciated. Be Alive winning would only fuel the fires of those who think she is overrated.

Comment

• Originally posted by LittleLinda View Post
          It still is. I think you are misinterpreting what the term “being a front runner” means.
          No, no misinterpretation on my side.

Originally posted by LittleLinda View Post
          I’m actually glad that it won’t win, I’d rather have her get an Oscar for something more memorable and widely appreciated.
          I don’t believe you. It is a privilege to be nominated by the academy and then take home the win. There is only one woman in the entire world that can take an Oscar nomination for granted, and her name is Meryl Streep.

Comment

No, no misinterpretation on my side.

I don’t believe you. It is a privilege to be nominated by the academy and then take home the win. There is only one woman in the entire world that can take an Oscar nomination for granted, and her name is Meryl Streep.
            I really don’t see what point you are trying to make here… as I have said right from the beginning, I am hella excited for Bey getting a nom (and performing Be Alive at the ceremony, provided it doesn’t get cancelled due to COVID), but I always doubted she would also win. What’s there to “not believe” about that and what does Meryl Streep have to do with any of this?

Nothing has changed. Still excited for the nom, but prefer that if she ever wins an Oscar it will be for something that will be remembered and will garner her universal praise rather than people questioning whether it was warranted or not.

Maybe here’s where the misunderstanding lies: Would I mind if by some chance the stars align and Be Alive does win? Of course not, I would celebrate it as a great success in her career. But I would celebrate even more if her first Oscar would be for something more impactful (be it a timeless, beloved song or a gripping acting performance, which most believe she would never be capable of). That’s what the word “prefer” means.

I felt the same way about Spirit, the only difference being that Be Alive actually had a lot more Oscar buzz right out of the gate, so an actual nom and/or win is far more likely this time around (as it was, and still is considered one of the front runners).

You got one thing right: It is a privilege to get nominated. Which is why I literally can’t wait for the noms to be announced.
            Whether I consider the song Oscar-worthy is a whole other story.

Comment

• Spirit has actually grown on me a lot
              I Hear it from time to time
              I can't say the same thing about Be Alive, for now.
              I Still hope for a nomination, performance and maybe a win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beyon View Post
                Spirit has actually grown on me a lot
                I Hear it from time to time
                I can't say the same thing about Be Alive, for now.
                I Still hope for a nomination, performance and maybe a win.
                My appreciation for Spirit comes mostly from its video, which is one of my favourites from Bey. The song itself I still can’t really connect to. It’s not awful, but it just leaves me… kinda indifferent.
                Whereas Be Alive tickles my emotions, but usually ends up leaving me disappointed about what could have been an epic hymn, if having a climax and some proper orchestration.

As she’s known to be able to elevate songs through her live arrangements, I’m hoping that a performance might help forget the bland studio version.

Comment

• "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

• Bigger is such a gem. I can take or leave I Was Here.

Comment

• Bigger deserves so much more recognition than Bey allowed it to get! Glad it was used for this routine, I bet 99% of the audience has never even known of its existence before this.

One of her best songs ever, imho.

Comment

• Originally posted by LittleLinda View Post
                        Bigger deserves so much more recognition than Bey allowed it to get!
                        Agreed. The song is magnificent!
                        "You know I got the sauce, you know I'm saucy"

Comment

• It really is otherworldly, it and otherside are some of her best ballads.
                          "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

• It’s a shame she never got to do the rumoured ‘The Gift’ tour and let those songs shine. Her next tour will focus on B7 and whilst I’m sure she’ll dedicate room for The Gift, it won’t be the same.

Comment

• Bey paid Be Alive dust, just like the rest of her music. But hey, at least we got Ivy Park.
                              Bey also paid dust to Bigger - one of her best songs I don't know why she doesn't promote or anything this song is magnificent!

Comment

• Harry Styles - whose new album's release has been rumoured by HDD to take place in the same Q1 period as Beyonce's, has just been confirmed as a Coachella headliner for April 15. The GRAMMY's are apparently also considering either April 3 or 10 for the ceremony in Las Vegas.

Take that as you will.

Comment

• Bigger is most definitely the best hidden gem of her catalogue. I hope she performs it live.
                                  I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                  I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• I really need that Beyonce album in my life right now

Comment

• Originally posted by Beyon View Post
                                      I really need that Beyonce album in my life right now
                                      Yeah… at this stage, I wouldn’t mind another surprise drop. I’m not up for a long wait.

Comment

• We have about 10 weeks left in Q1, so hopefully not long left. Knowing her she'll drop it the same week as Harry Styles so she can lose the #1.
                                        Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• I’m so over B7. I’m gonna start stanning for B8 as I think we’ve more of a chance of getting it

Comment

• Do you guys think this massive delay has something to do with fear of flopping for real?

"What goes around comes back around my baby"

Comment

• Originally posted by aaliyahman View Post
                                              Do you guys think this massive delay has something to do with fear of flopping for real?
                                              I’d love Bey to experience a flop. I miss seeing that mix of desperation and determination to succeed in her eyes.

Comment

I’d love Bey to experience a flop. I miss seeing that mix of desperation and determination to succeed in her eyes.
                                                She hasn't exactly had a solo Top 10 hit or a #1 album the past few years. The Gift and Be Alive definitely flopped. She's experienced it, she just doesn't care.
                                                Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Originally posted by Omiros View Post

She hasn't exactly had a solo Top 10 hit or a #1 album the past few years. The Gift and Be Alive definitely flopped. She's experienced it, she just doesn't care.
                                                  There are flops but then there is floppage. I’d quite like a big era with lots of performances and she still doesn’t sell, and Blue has to ask her about the floppage memes she’s seeing. It’s the only way to give her career a kick up her ass.

Comment

There are flops but then there is floppage. I’d quite like a big era with lots of performances and she still doesn’t sell, and Blue has to ask her about the floppage memes she’s seeing. It’s the only way to give her career a kick up her ass.
                                                    I don't think Bey has cared about the charts since maybe like her self titled - she was never a massive album seller though nor I think she cares, her career has moved completely different which I feel has made her much more successful I genuinely don't think she cares for charts and all otherwise would've pulled out petty tricks like so many artists out there.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X