Beyoncé

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by britneylinda View Post

I don't think Bey has cared about the charts since maybe like her self titled - she was never a massive album seller though nor I think she cares, her career has moved completely different which I feel has made her much more successful I genuinely don't think she cares for charts and all otherwise would've pulled out petty tricks like so many artists out there.
    I never mentioned charts.
    Disco dancing with the lights down low…

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post

I never mentioned charts.
      I know I know I am just saying that new music might come out like her self titled if you think about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by britneylinda View Post

I know I know I am just saying that new music might come out like her self titled if you think about it.
        If could, but I don’t think it will.

ST came out during the download era and the excitement of an unannounced Beyoncé album (with full visuals) made people buy her music. That wouldn’t work now and I don’t think she has enough streaming power to debut an album at #1 on streams alone.

I agree Bey doesn’t care about the charts, but I genuinely believe she cares about hitting #1. Album sales are so low it’s an easy win and the number of #1 albums she has is a measurable achievement.

The industry has changed so much since Lemonade was released she will probably need to announce her album a month ahead of release and take advantage of preorders.

Bey has used album visuals to sell ST and Lemonade so I hope there’s a change of direction this time. I think a special live performance (maybe via livestream) that debuts the full album live before release, is how to shift B7.
        Disco dancing with the lights down low…

Comment

I agree Bey doesn’t care about the charts, but I genuinely believe she cares about hitting #1. Album sales are so low it’s an easy win and the number of #1 albums she has is a measurable achievement.
          I thought so too, but it was very easy for her to hit #1 when Everything Is Love, Homecoming and The Gift came out, yet she did nothing.

Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Probably Omicron got every label being more cautious about their releases in the first quarter, especially if we are talking about album rollouts built around key performances and announcements (like most of Beyoncé´s albums in the past decade). You don´t really want to jump the gun and then having to shift plans because of delays imo.
            Beauty is beauty, whether is black or white

Comment

Bey has used album visuals to sell ST and Lemonade so I hope there’s a change of direction this time. I think a special live performance (maybe via livestream) that debuts the full album live before release, is how to shift B7.
              YES. Beyoncé's performances sell her music the best. Period. Take advantage of that.
              A Netflix liveshow would be amazing - and something new too.
              And then a weekly release of her music videos.
              5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by aaliyahman View Post
                Do you guys think this massive delay has something to do with fear of flopping for real?
                Was there a massive delay, though? It’s not like there was ever an officially confirmed release date.
                Although I can totally see her pushing the album back because of the pandemic, as she wanted to be part of people finally getting back out and enjoying concerts again, etc.

Whatever her plans are, though, I hope she won’t make them dependent on everything going back to normal again, because I don’t see that happening for quite a while.

Comment

• I think she wanted to coincide the release with a Grammys performanc, and then tour in the summer, so she may have postponed it by a month or two.
                  Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• I'm not sure how accurate this is but I believe there's been some major shake-ups within Parkwood Entertainment these past few months (?). Basically someone found out from Linkedin that the guy who was in charge of the release campaigns for Everything in Love, Homecoming & The Gift no longer works with her. Also she seems to have a new stage director or choreographer (not sure what the exact term is) as her former choreographer unfollowed her on IG, etc.

Not quite familiar with a lot of these people but I have a feeling she's definitely planning different & trying out new approaches for B7. I'm getting really excited actually, I just wish we weren't left in the dark.

Comment

• Also agreed that a live concert on Netflix would be awesome. 100% here for it (with live audience)!

Comment

• Originally posted by aang View Post
                        I'm not sure how accurate this is but I believe there's been some major shake-ups within Parkwood Entertainment these past few months (?). Basically someone found out from Linkedin that the guy who was in charge of the release campaigns for Everything in Love, Homecoming & The Gift no longer works with her. Also she seems to have a new stage director or choreographer (not sure what the exact term is) as her former choreographer unfollowed her on IG, etc.

Not quite familiar with a lot of these people but I have a feeling she's definitely planning different & trying out new approaches for B7. I'm getting really excited actually, I just wish we weren't left in the dark.
                        Wow, didn't know that, I kinda want to do my own investigation now
                        It never occurred to me that Parkwood entertainment will have a LinkedIn account lol I'm going to look for open positions there

​​​​I have to be honest, it's a bit unfair to blame the lack of success on that guy when it doesn't look like she was making a lot of effort to push it herself.
                        hope things are shaking up and that be alive's release isn't an indication of what's to come.

Comment

I'm not sure how accurate this is but I believe there's been some major shake-ups within Parkwood Entertainment these past few months (?). Basically someone found out from Linkedin that the guy who was in charge of the release campaigns for Everything in Love, Homecoming & The Gift no longer works with her. Also she seems to have a new stage director or choreographer (not sure what the exact term is) as her former choreographer unfollowed her on IG, etc.
                          To be fair he could have quit because he couldn't stand the lack of effort anymore. Be Alive's release was even more under the radar than they were, and she sabotaged her best chance at an Oscar
                          Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

JaQuel is gone!?!? Or maybe you mean Todd Tourso?

I've seen this earlier this week.

https://twitter.com/B7Album/status/1...446105606?s=20

https://twitter.com/B7Album/status/1...400137737?s=20

And we know she was talking about renaissance on Harper's Bazaar.
                            Last edited by KEY9481; Wed January 19, 2022, 10:25.
                            5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• I just feel like she does have a fear of real failure and to her that would be her own (not side project or film tie in) album not hitting the heights it should.

I see a parallel with her and my other fave Serena who is so reticent to play (so that she doesn't get beat early).

To be honest, it really deep down annoys the hell out of me. After all the scrabbling us fans have done throughout all of these damn eras to almost see Beyonce get the acclaim and success a lot of us feel she deserved (and had an uphill battle to get), it's off that she's created this mysterious void. I don't hear Beyonce on the radio anymore and I don't see her on my tv screens. Ivy Park, realistically I could care less about and anything with Jay Z I'm not for anymore.

It was fun seeing her hop on hits like Mi Gente and obviously Savage yet I don't want her to disconnect and become an artist that disconnects so much from her fans (and commerciality) that she can't find her way back again.

That album wit Jay Z for me was just arrogance, BIK I liked but was handled horribly as it could/should have been an amazing moment for the movement it was trying to address.

Sorry for the rant, I just get sick and tired of coming to this forum (which used to be my number 1 destination) and seeing nothing.
                              "What goes around comes back around my baby"

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post

JaQuel is gone!?!? Or maybe you mean Todd Tourso?
                                I believe it is Jaquel indeed. Not sure though, some folks say he's more of a freelancer and isn't necessarily tied to her company, so probably Bey would just hire him whenever she feels like it.

But yeah he doesn't seem to follow Bey anymore on IG (or maybe he never did in the first place, idk). He still does follow other celebs (Rih, Ari, Chris, etc.).

Comment

• Originally posted by Beyon View Post
                                  Wow, didn't know that, I kinda want to do my own investigation now
                                  It never occurred to me that Parkwood entertainment will have a LinkedIn account lol I'm going to look for open positions there
                                  I know, right? I sometimes forget that Parkwood is an actual company where the employees are not as secretive as Bey is. Let me see if I could remember the name of the guy on LinkedIn.

Comment

• Beyon found them on LinkedIn.

Here's the current Associate Creative Director. It says there he's been working in Parkwood since August 2021 (hmmm, the Harper's Bazaar interview?).

And here's the former President & COO. He quit in 2020. Found this article on Google.

"Pamon was responsible for managing the launch of Beyonce's athleisure line, IVY Park, as well as the entertainer's brand partnerships with WTRMLN WTR, Global Citizen, and Chime For Change."

And here's Parkwood Entertainment's LinkedIn. They never posted anything though.

I think if you're really ambitious & wanted to work in the music industry, you should give it a shot!

Comment

• A ukmix infiltrate
                                      "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

• Grown Woman is used on the new commercial for The Voice France.

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                                          Grown Woman is used on the new commercial for The Voice France.
                                          Is it on Spotify yet?
                                          I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                          I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• Harry Styles just announced tour dates for the summer. So a Q1 release and tour in the summer. Let's see if Bey follows.
                                            Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Beyon found them on LinkedIn.

I think if you're really ambitious & wanted to work in the music industry, you should give it a shot!
                                              Wow thanks! I'm gonna do some digging
                                              I don't know about the music industry in general but I want Beyonce to be my boss.

​​​​​​I'd probably get fired after a day for staring at her too much or for saying something about her lack of promotion

Comment

• Paul Bui is a new Parkwood associate.

Comment

• The renaissance.
                                                  "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

• "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

Working...
                                                    X