Beyoncé

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post
    Dos Oruguitas will win - Lin-Manuel Miranda is still the guy of the moment and he only needs an Oscar to become an EGOT.
    My money is still on Billie Eilish. She’s been sweeping the precursors and Dos Oruguitas isn’t considered the best song from Encanto by most.
    I honestly think Lin-Manuel should have gotten it for “How Far I’ll Go” - I don’t think anyone even remembers “City of Stars”.

King Richard is basically out of the race for anything other than Best Actor, so Be Alive has lost a lot of steam accordingly.
    I can already see the media making up their “Beyoncé wants to do the next Bond song” rumours after this. The tabloids wil paint her varying degrees of bitter.

Comment

• If she put 10% of the effort she puts on Ivy Park towards her music we'd have back to back hits and an Oscar nom on the bag.
      Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Originally posted by LittleLinda View Post
        My money is still on Billie Eilish. She’s been sweeping the precursors
        Which song are you talking about?

Comment

• Oscar nominated!!!
          Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• OMG!! She better perform!!
            "You know I got the sauce, you know I'm saucy"

Comment

• Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Originally posted by Noahh View Post
                OMG!! She better perform!!
                Of course she will, but AMPAS better not do the same dumb sh** as last year and relegate the performances to an untelevised pre-show.

Comment

Of course she will, but AMPAS better not do the same dumb sh** as last year and relegate the performances to an untelevised pre-show.
                  Well Kendrick Lamar snubbed the ceremony once. Bey better not pull that trick.

The f*ck. The performances were downgraded to the untelevised pre-show? They better not do that this year.

Comment

• Congratulations, Beyonce

Comment

• Originally posted by Noahh View Post

Well Kendrick Lamar snubbed the ceremony once. Bey better not pull that trick.

The f*ck. The performances were downgraded to the untelevised pre-show? They better not do that this year.
                      Due to COVID, basically. It was the most boring thing ever (no host, no performances, just a bunch of nominees and presenters working through the categories at an excruciatingly slow pace). It seriously made us question whether we should even continue our tradition of watching the damn thing - and we have been doing this for many, many years, even taking days off to be able to watch it live.

Thankfully, they‘ll have a host again this year (which they didn’t have since the Kevin Hart controversy); and hopefully they‘ll include the song performances again as well.

Knowing Bey, I totally expect the live arrangement to be more varied and exciting than the studio version; maybe she can finally bring this song to life. I mean… a girl can hope, right?

Comment

Due to COVID, basically. It was the most boring thing ever (no host, no performances, just a bunch of nominees and presenters working through the categories at an excruciatingly slow pace). It seriously made us question whether we should even continue our tradition of watching the damn thing - and we have been doing this for many, many years, even taking days off to be able to watch it live.

Thankfully, they‘ll have a host again this year (which they didn’t have since the Kevin Hart controversy); and hopefully they‘ll include the song performances again as well.

Knowing Bey, I totally expect the live arrangement to be more varied and exciting than the studio version; maybe she can finally bring this song to life. I mean… a girl can hope, right?
                        Yeah I definitely expect a live arrangement to make the song sound much fuller and exciting. Argh, I can't wait to see her walking the red carpet and performing the song on stage.

Comment

• Actually Be Alive came on Spotify the other day and I didn't even mind it. As a matter of fact I actually enjoyed it.
                          I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                          I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• Originally posted by DnBLover View Post
                            Actually Be Alive came on Spotify the other day and I didn't even mind it. As a matter of fact I actually enjoyed it.
                            Me too. Past the initial let down, it grew on me and it’s much better than I remembered.

Congrats on the nomination sis.
                            You better show up and serve us Couture on that red carpet.
                            5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Pretty much sums up my thoughts.
                              5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Oscar-nominated King.

Awful timing tho as always as Encanto is the biggest thing out now and Eyelash is a dark horse but a nom
                                is a nom.

Comment

• I finally had a look at the list of nominations, and apparently it was 'No Time To Die' you guys were talking about (@LittleLinda: A reply would've been nice.). I wonder how a song released in early 2020 could be eligible for a show to be held 2 years later, but OK...

Comment

• Bey posting another story about Ivy Park while completely ignoring King Richard and her Oscar nom.....I love her but she's frustrating...
                                    Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                      (@LittleLinda: A reply would've been nice.)
                                      It also would’ve been nice if you didn’t ask me to state the obvious just because you apparently live under a rock, haven’t followed this thread AND are incapable of doing a three-second Google search, but here we are.

And to answer your confusion about eligibility: The decisive factor is the release date of the movie, not the song. Thanks to COVID, the movie got pushed back multiple times.
                                      Last edited by LittleLinda; Tue February 8, 2022, 22:15.

Comment

• I don't know about you, but I was taught there are no stupid questions, so simply posting a reply without attitude would've been totally sufficient.
                                        Regarding the second part: Usually movie + theme song are released around the same time. This was, as you wrote, different in the case of Bond due to Covid. I didn't know that the release date of the movie is the deciding factor rather than the song's since there's no difference in like 95% of all cases, but thanks a lot for the information - much appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omiros View Post
                                          Bey posting another story about Ivy Park while completely ignoring King Richard and her Oscar nom.....I love her but she's frustrating...
                                          Tina's silence is weirder. This is something up her alley as proud mom lol
                                          Beauty is beauty, whether is black or white

Comment

• Originally posted by Beautyisbeauty View Post

Tina's silence is weirder. This is something up her alley as proud mom lol
                                            I dont think Tina ever posted about the song initially so I really dont know what’s going on

Comment

• Honestly if it weren't Oscar nominated in a few years I would be like "did this song really happen or was it just my imagination?"
                                              just like "Dreaming".

I'm happy for her, and hope she performs (with her it's not a given)

Comment

• Thanks to this

Bonnie & Clyde'03 is slaying Shazam all over the planet and having quite a resurgence on Spotify.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                                  I don't know about you, but I was taught there are no stupid questions, so simply posting a reply without attitude would've been totally sufficient.
                                                  Just one comment: The “attitude” came from you complaining about me not replying to you (as if it was my obligation to read and answer). My time is just as precious as yours, so if I don’t reply to a post or don’t even read it, so be it.
                                                  No offense.

@topic: I didn’t expect Beyonce to post anything about the Oscar nom (it might come off as cocky if she did), but Tina’s silence is indeed unusual.
                                                  I definitely expect her to perform, though.

Comment

Just one comment: The “attitude” came from you complaining about me not replying to you (as if it was my obligation to read and answer). My time is just as precious as yours, so if I don’t reply to a post or don’t even read it, so be it.
                                                    No offense.
                                                    That's your thing then. I always answer messages on all kinds of message services directed at me, even if it's a 'Sorry, I can't help you with that.'. I think it's a sign of good manners and respect for fellow human beings.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X