No announcement yet.

Beyoncé

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It wont work. Lemonade had a HBO movie event to debut the album and whilst there was initial buzz, it was a messy era with the whole Spotify thing etc.

The Gift and Everything is Love debuted without little fanfare and are essentially flops (twice the flop where The Gift is concerned, despite being her best work in years imo), despite two movies and a big tour to promote them.

Beyoncé needs to stop with the gimmicks and just needs an era where she plays the part of being an actual pop star. She’s been MIA for far too long.
    Disco dancing with the lights down low…

Comment

• Originally posted by DnBLover View Post
      Drop the album before the world goes to shit.
      Well she would be three years too late
      5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post

Well she would be three years too late
        I meant literally....
        I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
        I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• I'm not sure I agree.
          she definitely can drop a surprise album, she just needs to use all the platforms to make it known and viral.
          Once it drops promotions on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, twitter. A surprise live performance on YouTube, an announcement of a world tour and maybe other things that could go viral - carpool karaoke maybe?

Comment

• If it's a fun, celebratory album she'll wait a long time to release it.
            Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Grown Woman (song + video) is one of the best thing she’s done

Comment

• Originally posted by Omiros View Post
                If it's a fun, celebratory album she'll wait a long time to release it.
                I don't get why she should wait. Fun music can help you forget about your troubles and everything wrong with the world. If she waits until things get better we'll get the album in 10 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beyon View Post

I don't get why she should wait. Fun music can help you forget about your troubles and everything wrong with the world. If she waits until things get better we'll get the album in 10 years.
                  The Weeknd got backlash this week for planning to announce his tour dates. He was considered tone-deaf and ignorant, with many saying that it's "not the time". He ended up having to push it back, and that was just an announcement that has no emotion behind it.

Beyoncé gets slated for the slightest thing, so she will definitely be considered ignorant if she releases a fun record right now.
                  Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• People will always judge and this mostly performative activism among the American youth is exhausting. For an artist to postpone the concerts or an album won’t help solving any problem nor serve a cause.

But I hope Beyonce drops a fun, or semi-fun album. It’s been a long time since she had a real global hit. Almost 13 years. I don’t really count “4” nor “Beyonce” to have global smash hits. Some of the songs were big in UK, but pretty much those were the dominant markets.

I suppose Harry Styles will be dropping single or an album soon, so I’d say - B, do it right after him. Maybe June or July.

”Beyonce” is my favorite album of hers, followed by “Lemonade”, it’s just that they were different kinds of albums with different promotion and appeal. What I basically meant is that she should release something more radio friendly that will get heavy rotation worldwide.
                    Last edited by SerbianInLA; Thu March 3, 2022, 10:16.

Comment

• I read a study years ago about how the charts supposedly reflect the opposite of what is going on in the world. Music is used as an escapism and if Beyoncé has recorded (yeah right) a celebratory, fun album as a response to Covid, I see no reason why she can’t release it in the face of war.

It’s worth remembering music and entertainment was a huge part of keeping moral up in WWII.

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post
                        I read a study years ago about how the charts supposedly reflect the opposite of what is going on in the world. Music is used as an escapism and if Beyoncé has recorded (yeah right) a celebratory, fun album as a response to Covid, I see no reason why she can’t release it in the face of war.

It’s worth remembering music and entertainment was a huge part of keeping moral up in WWII.
                        I'm not sure how old that study was, but newer generations are more aware, and therefore involved, about what's going on around the world. We hold devices that give us info 24/7, so it's not as easy to switch off. Although we do go about our daily lives, it's not easy to distract yourself as it might have been.

I'm all for escapism, I know how it can help people, but I can't see how she'll release something celebratory when tensions are so high and covid restrictions are still in place in parts of the world. Especially Bey, who people hold to a higher standard compared to other artists.

We'll see how things play out. Her and Harry were meant to drop their new albums by the end of this month, and Harry has filmed a music video a couple weeks ago and is rumoured to be releasing a single within the next two weeks.
                        Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• If she does release something fun (which she DESPERATELY needs) then bitches better suck it up and bop

Comment

• Originally posted by Omiros View Post

I'm not sure how old that study was, but newer generations are more aware, and therefore involved, about what's going on around the world. We hold devices that give us info 24/7, so it's not as easy to switch off. Although we do go about our daily lives, it's not easy to distract yourself as it might have been.

I'm all for escapism, I know how it can help people, but I can't see how she'll release something celebratory when tensions are so high and covid restrictions are still in place in parts of the world. Especially Bey, who people hold to a higher standard compared to other artists.

We'll see how things play out. Her and Harry were meant to drop their new albums by the end of this month, and Harry has filmed a music video a couple weeks ago and is rumoured to be releasing a single within the next two weeks.
                            It was a while ago, but it wasn’t focused on one crisis - it looked at all kinds of historical events, but I remember it had a strong focus on the aftermath of 9/11 - suggesting that in the aftermath there was a strong resurgence in music designed specifically for clubs (going out, leisure, dancing, fun etc) and a dumbing down of lyrical hooks that meant nothing. Bey was part of that scene, with her biggest hits doing just that.

Comment

• Honestly, it is the right time to release light fun music. The world is so heavy right now, escapism is very welcome.
                              I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                              I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• We’re not getting anything

If you want something fun, you’d better replay the Standing On the Sun H&M commercial for the millionth time.
                                "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

• So many people are releasing music right now. It just doesn't make sense to wait until the time is "right".
                                  With self-titled she said I'll release it when it's ready and I think she's still taking that approach.
                                  It's just isn't ready yet.

Comment

• Who is? From the major releases, the only big name is Harry Styles, and I suppose Cardi B.

Comment

• I saw some news saying new music is coming from Rosalia, Lizzo, Nicki Minaj and other singers. Maybe I'm wrong but it doesn't look like someone is holding back because of the situation.
                                      ​​​​​

Comment

• None of the names you count are in the same calibre as Beyoncé.

I do think she'll release the album when she'll be able to tour
                                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                          None of the names you count are in the same calibre as Beyoncé.

I do think she'll release the album when she'll be able to tour
                                          These are just examples for who's releasing now.
                                          Adele, Lady Gaga and Taylor Swift all released an album during the pandemic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beyon View Post

These are just examples for who's releasing now.
                                            Adele, Lady Gaga and Taylor Swift all released an album during the pandemic.
                                            None of them toured though. Beyoncé is waiting for the perfect time to tour to drop the album in my opinion.
                                            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• What album? She’s retired guys. If it isn’t a photoshoot for Ivy Park she ain’t interested.

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post
                                                What album? She’s retired guys. If it isn’t a photoshoot for Ivy Park she ain’t interested.
                                                JAIL

Comment

• Originally posted by SerbianInLA View Post
                                                  Who is? From the major releases, the only big name is Harry Styles, and I suppose Cardi B.
                                                  Yeah actually almost nobody is releasing anything major at the moment. Even if they are, most of them are either flopping or underperforming (Nicki, The Weeknd, Rosalia, etc.). Even Kanye, Adele, Silk Sonic & Drake don't seem to be making much noises with their post-album singles.

I'm looking at next week's prediction of the Hot 100 chart, the new predicted number one "Heat Waves" is about the top the chart with super weak accumulative points, probably one of the weakest in recent years - and the song's been out since June 2020. Most of the songs in the top 20 are super old as well; "Stay", "Levitating", "Ghost", "Bad Habits", "Need To Know", etc.

Also I'm looking at the R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay chart and apparently the current number one "Essence" has been at the top for 27 weeks straight, geez.

No one is really shaking things up at the moment and it's getting really boring (at least for me). I need her to come back so bad.

Comment

• Also, what do y'all think of releasing on 4/4/22? Knowing her, it wouldn't be impossible although I want a full tracking week.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X