• Show
Clear All

• Why on 4/4?

Comment

• 4 is her favourite number.
      Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Originally posted by aang View Post
        Also, what do y'all think of releasing on 4/4/22? Knowing her, it wouldn't be impossible although I want a full tracking week.
        Nah… she’s gonna be sipping champagne, enjoying some anniversary sex with Jay and not pay us any mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by LittleLinda View Post
          Nah… she’s gonna be sipping champagne, enjoying some anniversary sex with Jay and not pay us any mind.
          I love Bey but the last thing I wanted in my head was an image of her and Jay Z having sex

Comment

• Originally posted by Beyon View Post

I love Bey but the last thing I wanted in my head was an image of her and Jay Z having sex
            You must hate ST
            Disco dancing with the lights down low…

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post

You must hate ST
              Not at all, I just imagine it's the guy from the Halo video instead of Jay Z

Comment

Not at all, I just imagine it's the guy from the Halo video instead of Jay Z
                Well it’s not!

Comment

• Why would you even picture her having sex in the first place
                  5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                    Why would you even picture her having sex in the first place
                    I really don't

that escalated quickly

Comment

Reminds me of this.

Comment

• literally everyone is on Tour right now. with expensive prices.
                        just saying..

Comment

• Originally posted by Shayonce View Post
                          literally everyone is on Tour right now. with expensive prices.
                          just saying..
                          Yet I still feel that if Bey released a “fun” album and announced a tour right now, the GP would roast her for being insensitive and tone deaf because of the invasion.
                          She often seems to be held to a stricter standard than others.

Comment

• Besides the backlash that she'll get, everyone being on tour right now isn't a good thing. That means less willingness to spend money on tickets as the market is saturated, and less available stadiums to book.
                            Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• If touring is good enough for Adele it’s good enough for Beyoncé. There’s also the rumoured Vegas thing to consider too. I see nothing wrong with Bey announcing a tour of the Americas and letting the situation in Europe play out.

Comment

• But Adele's not touring? She postponed her Las Vegas show indefinitely, and has two shows in the UK in the summer

I think Bey is too big for Vegas, and she already did a residency there during 4.

Production-wise, it doesn't make sense to have huge gaps between tour legs, so it'd be more efficient to plan it all out in advance, even if she does announce just the U.S. for starters like the Weeknd.
                                Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Adele has confirmed she’s touring though. I guess dates will be announced at some point, just like her Vegas dates.

Bey isn’t too big for Vegas - if anything she’s exactly the right kind of star to bring in people from around the world. I think she’d really enjoy the opportunity of having a permanent stage and the freedom to do things she couldn’t necessarily do in an arena or stadium. Does she still live in LA? She’d be able to commute and have a permanent base for the kids, something they’ve probably grown accustomed to over the pandemic.

I just think there’s a lot of benefits for Bey in doing a residency, and let’s face it - Bey and Jay probably don’t want to split the family up just so they can go out on their own tours. Nor is the solution always a joint tour.

Comment

• Comment

• I'll admit, I always used to think of Vegas as a place for washed up acts.
                                      Britney did it and I was on the fence. Jlo too.

When Adele threw her name in, as someone who is arguably one of the biggest current record sellers/music acts, it did change it's perception for me.

I just know though, that if Bey did do a Vegas residency, she wouldn't want to have it at a hotel. She'd have to either base a new hotel around her show or transform a whole hotel in her image to make it 'different' than the current roster of artists out there.

From what you have said about her family, it does make a lot of sense for her to have a residency there.
                                      "What goes around comes back around my baby"

Comment

• Originally posted by aaliyahman View Post
                                        I'll admit, I always used to think of Vegas as a place for washed up acts.

When Adele threw her name in, as someone who is arguably one of the biggest current record sellers/music acts, it did change it's perception for me.

I just know though, that if Bey did do a Vegas residency, she wouldn't want to have it at a hotel. She'd have to either base a new hotel around her show or transform a whole hotel in her image to make it 'different' than the current roster of artists out there.

From what you have said about her family, it does make a lot of sense for her to have a residency there.
                                        I do remember Britney getting a lot of criticism for it as she was only in 13-14 years into her career considering she did a huge era 'Femme Fatale' but now we know different story who knows if she even wanted to do it or not? But being on topic I see after Britney loads of young acts started to come, Planet Hollywood CEO also said earlier we had to explain residency now we don't have to as it's modernized having said that I think Beyonce really can pull up huge shows. Adele thing is not also off the table completely as well, Katy is also doing great there sane for Gaga and I think Vegas is the best thing for artists who have kids and want to spend time with their family.

Comment

• As famous as Bey is, she’s a pop star in her forties with decreasing sales. She isn’t a singles artist anymore and she dislikes promotion. Her interests lie in family, Ivy Park, film, performing and music (probably in that order too).

Vegas would be a total win for her. She can raise her kids at home, work on film/music projects during the day and perform by night.

In terms of performing Vegas affords her new opportunities. She can have a revolving set list, she can focus on performing songs she hasn’t or probably won’t perform on tour again. A permanent stage means she can be more elaborate, more theatrical: imagine watching Bey on recreated music video sets, like that street from Hold Up etc.

As for the rest of her interests, I do think she’s very interested in going down the Barbra Streisand route and focusing on movies. I don’t think it’ll be long before she directs a feature and I really think she’d like to eventually develop an original movie musical (BIK took her yet another step closer to that - you could argue it’s a ‘musical’ as it’s a very loose retelling of The Lion King).

Who even knows. I just don’t think music is her top career priority anymore and if it were, there’s a million things she could have done over the last few years that she didn’t. She’s definitely over being a pop star - I just wonder how far she’s prepared to push herself as an artist.

Comment

• Just because she didn't go all out with Everything is Love & The Gift, doesn't mean she's over being a Pop star.

Her collaborating with artists from different genres & demographics post-Lemonade & giving birthday shoutouts to everybody from Rosalia to Billie Eilish to Jungkook from BTS is definitely her way of connecting to bigger audiences to a lesser extent.

Let's wait until B7 and we shall see. I do believe she's preparing something major for this era, I mean we still have 2 Netflix deals left.

Also, didn't her publicist already deny regarding the Vegas rumors or am I tripping?

Comment

Just because she didn't go all out with Everything is Love & The Gift, doesn't mean she's over being a Pop star.

Her collaborating with artists from different genres & demographics post-Lemonade & giving birthday shoutouts to everybody from Rosalia to Billie Eilish to Jungkook from BTS is definitely her way of connecting to bigger audiences to a lesser extent.

Let's wait until B7 and we shall see. I do believe she's preparing something major for this era, I mean we still have 2 Netflix deals left.

Also, didn't her publicist already deny regarding the Vegas rumors or am I tripping?
                                              Sending birthday messages to fellow famous people isn't really connecting . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by Omiros View Post
                                                But Adele's not touring? She postponed her Las Vegas show indefinitely, and has two shows in the UK in the summer

I think Bey is too big for Vegas, and she already did a residency there during 4.

Production-wise, it doesn't make sense to have huge gaps between tour legs, so it'd be more efficient to plan it all out in advance, even if she does announce just the U.S. for starters like the Weeknd.
                                                To be fair, wasnt she pregnant for 4 and she only did like a 1-week stint in 2011, and another in 2012?

Hardly a residency, just a short-term contract to maintain charting.

Originally posted by aaliyahman View Post
                                                I'll admit, I always used to think of Vegas as a place for washed up acts.

Britney revived Vegas from being for older acts who are past their prime to appealing to under 35s who appreciated current legends.

She basically pulled a Celine Dion move from the 2000s when Celine was still current, but whereas Celine established a long-term pair of residencies instead of touring, Britney revived it so newer people of her generation and younger would see it as possible for them too, and still tour.

Britney has the #9th biggest selling single WW of the same year her residency began, without any promo after its mv debuted the year prior, and showcased that people will fly to see you so you do not have to tour.

She also mixed touring with her residency in 2017, showcasing she can do both and travel to further away nations that might be difficult for foreigners to come to: (Asia and Israel), and then followed up with a tour the following year after her residency ended.

If Beyonce goes on tour during or after her residency as a last hurrah, it will likely be to touch places outside of her immediate fanbase that would normally come see her in Vegas ala Britney.

Beyonce, being from the same Generation as Britney, will probably do something big, like Britney, and then head to Vegas to ride the wave on a high.
                                                Last edited by mitchuzu@gmail.com; Thu March 10, 2022, 05:06.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post

Sending birthday messages to fellow famous people isn't really connecting . . .
                                                  It lowkey kind is, to each artist's respective fanbase. When she posted birthday shout outs to any BTS & BLACKPINK members, fanbases went crazy, articles were made, it was discussed on TV news lmao (I live in Asia so there's that)...

It doesn't seem like it works, but I feel like it does, to a certain level. Maybe it only applies to certain fanbases, but at least it gets people talking.

Comment

It lowkey kind is, to each artist's respective fanbase. When she posted birthday shout outs to any BTS & BLACKPINK members, fanbases went crazy, articles were made, it was discussed on TV news lmao (I live in Asia so there's that)...

It doesn't seem like it works, but I feel like it does, to a certain level. Maybe it only applies to certain fanbases, but at least it gets people talking.
                                                    I guess, when she did it for Britney it was considered cute and discussed on Entertainment Tonight, having posted a picture of Britney as a baby.

But it has to be a longer term interaction, I.e., did the recipient respond?

Otherwise, it’s not much more than a quick shoutout and won’t necessarily lead to much, if not acted on quickly.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X