Beyoncé

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aang View Post
    Do you guys have any recent songs from other artists that you wish they were Bey's?
    Blinding Lights.

If Bey had released that it would have become bigger than anything she’d ever done before, whilst being a completely new direction for her. We’d have been back in ‘ten weeks at #1’ prime Beyoncé and it would have been a bigger hit for her than The Weeknd.
    Never underestimate a droid.

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Let me check them

Sounds good
        Last edited by Hugo; Sun March 20, 2022, 21:18.
        "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

• "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

• Eh, not big on House/EDM music but we'll see...

Comment

• The only thing I care about at this point is an official release date.

Comment

• What’s this I hear that Beyoncé is working with Honey Dijon on a house/dance album. Is Sasha Fierce making a comeback. I’m more excited about Beyoncé returning to something edgy rooted in dance than her working with Honey Dijon tbh.

Looking forward. It’s been awhile since we got some good pop leaning songs from her.
                My legacy is that I stayed on course… from the beginning to the end, because I believed in something inside of me. — Tina Turner

Comment

• I like this. Jazzy Dance, could be really really cool.
                  I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                  I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• Originally posted by aang View Post
                    Since we're all bored, I wanna ask a random question.

Do you guys have any recent songs from other artists that you wish they were Bey's?

Mine are probably "Love On The Brain" by Rih, "Trip" by Ella Mai and "Come Thru" by Summer Walker & Usher. I wish she was on the Silk Sonic album too, I think they're gonna sound heavenly together.
                    Fully agree with Love On The Brain. As for the Silk Sonic collab: Although I don’t actually believe it I secretly hope that Sweet Thing does exist and will find its way onto B7… yeah, I know, not likely at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeph View Post
                      What’s this I hear that Beyoncé is working with Honey Dijon on a house/dance album. Is Sasha Fierce making a comeback. I’m more excited about Beyoncé returning to something edgy rooted in dance than her working with Honey Dijon tbh.

Looking forward. It’s been awhile since we got some good pop leaning songs from her.
                      Do you mean something like Kelis' 'Flesh Tone' ?
                      Saying that you don't know what to answer? That's fine.
                      Saying that you don't have the time to answer at the moment? That's OK.
                      Not answering at all? Ouch... Biggest communicative fail you can do.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

Do you mean something like Kelis' 'Flesh Tone' ?
                        I wouldn’t mind something like Kelis’ Acapella but something even more ahead of the times.

If Sweet Dreams was released in 2022 I’d want to hear Beyoncé’s voice encompass the bass, the drop and the beats. Something like this but even more…

My legacy is that I stayed on course… from the beginning to the end, because I believed in something inside of me. — Tina Turner

Comment

• I would be here for Beyoncé doing something in the dance direction, and I feel like it would be well-received by the public...

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                            I would be here for Beyoncé doing something in the dance direction, and I feel like it would be well-received by the public...
                            Absolutely. It’s been more than a decade since Beyoncé did something ‘fun’ as she would say. Arianna is also teasing a dance album. It would be their version of the Confessions era. But I’m more psyched over Beyoncé than anything at this point.

Comment

• What a coincidence that I'm currently working on a dance album as well .

Comment

• Kelis' Acapella was spectacular. That would be a high standard for sure.
                                I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• Originally posted by LittleLinda View Post
                                  Although I don't actually believe it I secretly hope that Sweet Thing does exist and will find its way onto B7… yeah, I know, not likely at all.
                                  Lol I'm hoping it's true as well. Genius.com had the whole tracklist that included "Sweet Thing" way before the album release date. Every song turned out to be correct except for "Sweet Thing" which was replaced by I believe "Put On A Smile" on the actual album.

Who knows though. It's been awhile since the last time we heard her on a 'traditional' R&B track.

Comment

• Honey Dijon? Her MDNA is coming i'm afraid
                                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

• I want a 70s inspired album.
                                        Disco, soul, soft-rock, etc...
                                        Last edited by HouseTargaryen; Mon March 21, 2022, 20:07.

Comment

• Madonna was working with Honey Dijon too on her remix album, also back in February… just saying
                                          Never underestimate a droid.

Comment

• Beyoncé in Talks to Perform on Oscars Telecast From Compton Tennis Courts (EXCLUSIVE)

Organizers behind the Oscars are pulling out all the stops to land an iconic performance from best original song nominee Beyoncé, multiple sources close to the show told Variety.
                                            While the superstar made nary an awards campaign stop over the past months in support of her track “Be Alive,” co-written with artist Dixson for the film “King Richard,” Beyoncé’s camp has been in deep talks with producers to mount a satellite performance of the song — one that would possibly open the show, and broadcast live from tennis courts in Compton, Calif. The concept began solidifying last Monday, three individuals with knowledge of the talks said.

The location, of course, is where sports legends Venus and Serena practiced relentless drills in their youth under the watchful eye of their father, Richard. One possible scenario would have Will Smith, who plays the titular character in the film, appear onsite with Beyoncé and then presumably head north to Hollywood in time to take his seat for the announcement of the best actor category, sources added.

An Academy spokesperson did not respond to a request for comment. A Beyoncé spokesperson couldn’t immediately be reached for comment.

The “Lemonade” singer is notoriously secretive, often requiring the most high-level collaborators to sign binding nondisclosure agreements for the chance to work with her. Numerous insiders close to the industry and to the city government said that it’s possible Beyoncé would abandon the concept entirely if any of her plans were to be revealed. While there are numerous tennis courts in the City of Compton, located in metro Los Angeles, the Lueders Park courts were officially rebranded as the Venus and Serena Williams Court of Champion in 2016. The Compton City Manager’s office did not return multiple calls for comment on the matter.

Any pop culture watcher or Beyhive member would recognize a move like this as trademark Beyoncé — a performance that could utilize the popularity of the Oscars to shine a light on Compton, and celebrate two native daughters who conquered their sport and the world.

Over the years, the Academy has shown their affection for Beyoncé as a performer (if not for her acclaimed acting breakout in the 2006 film “Dreamgirls). In 2005, the singer performed numerous tracks in the best song category on the live broadcast, including “Learn to Be Lonely” from the feature remake of “The Phantom of the Opera.” She sang alongside Jennifer Hudson and Anika Noni Rose in 2007 with a medley from “Dreamgirls,” and also in 2009 to accompany host Hugh Jackman in a montage celebrating movie musicals.

The 2022 Academy Awards will air this Sunday, March 27, on ABC
                                            Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Originally posted by Omiros View Post
                                              Numerous insiders close to the industry and to the city government said that it’s possible Beyoncé would abandon the concept entirely if any of her plans were to be revealed.
                                              Imagine being this petty

Comment

• What if she performed Spirit instead.
                                                Now that would be a surprise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beyon View Post

Imagine being this petty
                                                  To be fair I don't know how she'd be able to perform in the middle of a Compton tennis court without everyone swarming around her. It's probably already scrapped.

She can borrow Chloe x Halle's court.
                                                  Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Originally posted by Omiros View Post

To be fair I don't know how she'd be able to perform in the middle of a Compton tennis court without everyone swarming around her. It's probably already scrapped.

She can borrow Chloe x Halle's court.
                                                    Well, Deadline on their report said it could be pre-taped (she'd have asked for every performer to have that option) so they could perfectly work around that idea filming with top security in an unspecified day before the Oscars.
                                                    Beauty is beauty, whether is black or white

Comment

Working...
                                                    X