No announcement yet.

Beyoncé

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I listened the f out of EiL since it came out in 2018 until we got the Gift. Top notch production. Not a bad song on that album.
    Tick, tick, wait on it

Comment

• Everything is Love isn't bad at all but had the album not been released, my life wouldn't have changed a tiny bit.

I still think OTRII & EIL shouldn't have happened. "Apeshit" should've just been a standalone single and that's it.

Comment

• OMG @ them booking supermodels.

First thing I did was shazam, no result...

edit : nvm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lACh...ature=youtu.be
        Last edited by KEY9481; Fri July 8, 2022, 14:38.
        5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Everything is Love is great for the gym.

Some of The Neptunes finest latest productions too (Apesh#t still goes crazy).

Comment

• "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

Comment

• Insane article from Bloomberg:

Beyonce is famous, talented and successful. She is one of the most important musicians of the 21st century. But she is no longer a pop star.

A pop star is someone who makes hit songs. They go into the studio hoping that first, second and third single is going to hit No. 1 on the Spotify global charts. These musicians make songs that appeal to everyone, especially the young people who are going to listen to a song over and over. Modern pop stars include Dua Lipa, BTS, The Weeknd and Ariana Grande.

Beyonce used to be one of these artists. Two different songs from her debut solo project, “Dangerously in Love,” topped the charts in the US. Her first three solo albums all had No. 1 singles and more than one song hit the top five.

But save for a duet with Ed Sheeran, Beyonce hasn’t had a song go No. 1 in 14 years. (That was “Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It).”) She hasn’t had a top five single in almost a decade (“Drunk In Love”).

This is not an indictment of Beyonce, an artist who has been nominated for 79 Grammys awards and won 28. Nor is it a sign she is not popular. She is one of the only artists in the world who can sell out a stadium on tour.

That is a different kind of stardom, however. Rock bands can sell out big venues, but don’t top the charts. The list of artists who can do both is very, very short. (Taylor Swift is one example.)

There are signs this latest Beyonce album could break out in the style of a traditional pop album. The lead single has climbed into the Top 10 on the Billboard charts.
                Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Originally posted by Omiros View Post
                  Insane article from Bloomberg
                  What’s insane about it?

Comment

• That’s a long winded way of saying she’s become a legacy act.
                    Never underestimate a droid.

Comment

• Originally posted by LittleLinda View Post
                      What’s insane about it?
                      Them claiming she's not a popstar anymore. I wouldn't call her a legacy act either, she's still beating the new generation. She just doesn't put in the effort.
                      Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Savage Remix was #1 and that was two years ago.
                        5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Them claiming she's not a popstar anymore. I wouldn't call her a legacy act either, she's still beating the new generation. She just doesn't put in the effort.
                          Well, none of what they wrote is untrue, I guess it all boils down to what one thinks makes a “pop star”. If it’s chart hits, and more specifically number ones, like they claimed (which I strongly disagree with, btw) then no, she isn’t a pop star anymore. But they are also basically saying that her new album could make her a pop star again.

I have a different understanding of what a pop star is. To me it is mostly about pop cultural impact and how known you are outside of your fan base, and clearly Bey is huge by that measure, especially in the US, where she is treated like this elusive Goddess that everyone gets starstruck by.
                          But the gist of that article is that there are very few acts that excel in both touring turnout and chart hits (not sure if that is even true, but it certainly is true that Beyoncé’s tours are much more successful than the chart performance of her singles implies).

That she doesn’t have many hit singles nowadays, because she doesn’t put in the effort is very true (and who knows how many no. ones she would have if she did), but again: The article doesn’t deny that. It even clearly states that a pop star “goes into the studio hoping that the first, second and third single is going to hit number one” - does that sound like Beyoncé to you? The same Beyoncé who talked about not wanting to be that type of artist who makes “quick little singles” over and over again instead of creating a meaningful body of work? The same Beyoncé who famously sang “if I gave two f’s about streaming numbers, woulda put Lemonade up on Spotify”?

Their definition of what it means to be a pop star is certainly debatable (if only because “pop star” is an arbitrary term), but other than that, it’s fairly accurate.

Comment

Comment

• Ms. Darlette was a VISIONARY.
                              Tick, tick, wait on it

Comment

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Comment

• Rockstar Games has not announced Grand Theft Auto VI officially but an alleged leak would have revealed a huge amount of details about the game, which would be announced during the third quarter of 2022. According to the alleged leak, Grand Theft Auto VI will have more than 200 songs that we can hear in their more than 20 radio stations.

Radio stations are features of the Grand Theft Auto games and according to the alleged leak, in GTA 6 your character will be able to use headphones to tune into them when you’re walking, so now you won’t need to get in a vehicle to listen to your favorite songs.

afrojam
                                      • Archie Roach – Took The Children Away
                                      • Aretha Franklin – Respect
                                      • Beyonce – Freedom
                                      • Beyoncé – Wade In The Water (From The Music Of “Grand Theft Auto VI”)
                                      • Billie Holiday – Strange Fruit
                                      • Donald Glover – This Is America
                                      • Fugees – Ready or Not
                                      • James Brown – Say It Loud – I’m Black and I’m Proud
                                      • Lauryn Hill – Black Rage
                                      • Nas – If I Ruled The World
                                      • Nina Simone – Mississippi Goddam
                                      • Public Enemy – Fight The Power
                                      • Sam Cooke – A Change Is Gonna Come
                                      • Sharon Jones – Ain’t No Chimneys In The Projects
                                      • Stevie Wonder – Black Man
                                      https://www.bullfrag.com/grand-theft...eaked/#afrojam

Let this be real omg.

Comment

• I'm playing GTA IV (played GTA V but not IV) and like two days ago I was thinking how it'd be cool to hear a Beyoncé song in VI.
                                        Tick, tick, wait on it

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                                            Wait, new Bey song?
                                            Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Idk if this is interesting to anyone but I noticed that since the new era began, her IG followers count grew from 265M to 268M. That's pretty good, isn't it?

Comment

Wait, new Bey song?
                                                Yup, it's most likely a cover though so don't get too excited (yet).

Also the game itself is planned to be released in 2025, so yeah...

Comment

• Originally posted by aang View Post
                                                  Yup, it's most likely a cover though so don't get too excited (yet).

Also the game itself is planned to be released in 2025, so yeah...
                                                  I don't mind if it's a cover, she'd kill that vocal production.

That's a long wait though
                                                  Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• She's rumored to be going to Dusseldorf to attend opening night of Gaga's tour.
                                                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Working...
                                                    X