No announcement yet.

Christina Aguilera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I must say in a way Christina already prepared the audience what was about to come in a way
    Lady Marmalade came a good amount of time before Stripped and already showed a change from the bubblegum debut
    Both Carwash and Till Ya Head Back also built towards the throwback sounds on Back To Basics
    Even the Bionic era was teased during her Greatest Hits era and with songs like Falling In Love Again

I get the general public may not have heard half these songs, but in a sense the changes she made in sound and image were naturally

Comment

• We will just have to disagree as I don't think that musically Stripped was far out from the soundscape of music back then, a departure from her first album - yes, but wasn't a left field choice to go with.
      I have received many gifts from God,
      but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Also, in hindsight the change from bubblegum pop was actually quite logical thing to do. A lot of people thought of Christina as a Britney clone in her debut era, and I'm sure her and the label were aware that doing another album of Genie, What a Girl Wants and Come On Over won't cut it and it will affirm the idea of Christina being just a Britney knock-off. It's just up for debate if they knew how much controversial and sexified the whole Stripped era would be or if they counted on the controversy to change the narrative for Christina. It's very clear that Stripped was designed to solidify who Christina actually is and what she wants to do.
        I have received many gifts from God,
        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• I am glad there that she did not want to be a puppet of the industry, sacrificing that she would not sell as well as in the debut. Although... Stripped is its international peak (sales). I don't know what memories you have, but in Europe Xtina was not a copy of Britney at all. She was her rival. The one who could sing.

Comment

• Besides, they both did great. One sold the album, the other had more number one. Both are won. All in all, I don't understand their comparison after 2002. A totally different category of artist.

Comment

• Britney and Xtina always had a weird dynamic but I never perceived Xtina as a "clone" or "copy" .. They were different birds although I do remember people back in the day refering to Xtina as "The Britney who could sing" and stuff like that, so there was always some sort of association and shady comparisons between them the whole time .. IMO they were just picthed as rivals by media and I have to say the public too because of their similar backgrounds (ex-childhood friends who came out from the same show at nearly the same age debuting and hitting #1 at the same time, both blonde and singing pop music, like obviously morbid comparisons were going to be made) and I do feel Xtina felt trapped with the Britney comparisons and that's what pushed her to break from that mold sooner / quicker than everyone else, she really wanted to distance herself from all of that and that's how "Stripped" came out, you can tell Xtina was eager to prove her point and she did.
              Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post
                I don't understand their comparison after 2002. A totally different category of artist.
                I think up until 2003/2004 it still quite made sense ... But after that I don't get the comparisons either but unfortunately the rivarly or at least the morbid association never ended even as of 2020. It's a complete lie to say their fanbases like each other or get along even today, and still you read comments and remarks about them and who did better and stuff like that on social media. Also Xtina can't seem to go to a place, an interview or something without Britney being mentioned and the whole thing is super weird. I also feel that Xtina herself and her team feeds a bit of that constant Britney name pressence in her career, just look at her Biography on Spotify and the amount of Britney references in her own biography is ridiculous (who even write those bios for the artists Spotify pages? I assume their own managers or publicists do).

IMO they will never be at peace in front of the media, public and fanbases.
                Last edited by MrLeonix; Fri January 17th, 2020, 01:24.
                Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• All in all, their feud is the most iconic. There are some advantages to this. I still think they should record one song together. Flop or not a flop would be interesting. Strange but interesting.

Yeah, it also annoys me that in many interviews Xtina sticks Britney. For what.

Comment

• To be honest, Andy Cohen is the person who brings Britney up when interviewing Christina the most. The last 3 times he's spoken with her he's talked about a collaboration which let's be honest, is never going to happen.

I do wish Christina had a second album like her debut released at the end of 2000 then moved onto Stripped at the end of 2002, her constant genre changing didn't help her.

Comment

• The Britney vs. Xtina comparisons have been a thing since 1999, but I do feel like Xtina made things worse and kept the feud going by constantly shading Britney at every chance she got. Especially between 2002-2004. That's why the media (and fans) never truly let go of it. As a result, she keeps being asked about Britney to this day.

Unfortunately, she did exactly what the media wanted her to do - which was attacking Britney. They wanted drama and she played into it.

Comment

• Therefore, we should stop living in the past. It's all water over the dam. After 2004, she spoke favorably about Britney.

Comment

• Welcome to the underworld
                          Where the love's at first sight
                          The kind that we like
                          Under, under, under, underworld

Comment

• I guess this is for Demi‘s album? Very creative title.

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• I hope it's rlly happening, the title it's floating around almost 2 years
                              BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                              YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

• YES

Comment

• III decades of slay. Fall in Love goes after the fourth decade of grammy!

Comment

• Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post

III decades of slay. Fall in Love goes after the fourth decade of grammy!
                                    I miss those days when Christina attended Grammys.

If she sings Fall On Me there, I bet she will slay it even more than AMA!

Comment

• https://twitter.com/xtina/status/1223654366034329600

COLLAB PLZ

Comment

• It's def happening
                                        BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                                        YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

• Comment

• https://twitter.com/AGreatBigWorld/s...05903162937344

FINALLY... i hope

Comment

• what

Comment

• Ah?

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                                                    She is so pretty!!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X