No announcement yet.

Christina Aguilera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thalia, Paulina Rubio, Christina Aguilera Open Up About Landmark 2000 Albums: Exclusive

CHRISTINA AGUILERA - Mi Reflejo (Sept. 12, 2000)

Mi Reflejo was Aguilera's first, and only, Spanish language album.

"I remember when I was first coming up, there was a big debate around me on changing my last name because all the businessmen around me thought it was too long, too complicated, and too ethnic," she says. "'Christina Agee' was an option, but that clearly wasn’t going to fly. I was dead set against the idea and I wanted to represent who I really was. Being Latina, it is a part of my heritage and who I am.

‪"There was another time in my childhood when I was being asked to legally change my name to my stepfather’s to be legally adopted and I was again dead set against it," Aguilera adds. "I've been fighting for my last name my whole life."‬

‪She lived up to that last name, recording Spanish versions of her hits like "Genie in a Bottle" and "Come On Over Baby (All I Want is You)." "I was excited to bring a new life to [these songs] and reinvent some things," she says. "I was allowed to create and express new ad libs and vocal runs that I wasn’t given the freedom to do on the original record. Everything sounds better in Spanish. Let's be honest."‬

‪What Aguilera enjoyed the most about Mi Reflejo was the new songs she recorded for the album like the heartbreaking "Pero Me Acuerdo de Ti."‬

‪"I recorded [the album] in Miami with Rudy Pιrez, who really took me under his wing," Aguilera says. "He helped coach me when I was unsure. He didn't cage me into a specific stereotype, introducing me to classic boleros like 'Contigo En La Distancia,' which I still include in my setlists and love singing to this day."‬

‪Before going big with "Despacito," Puerto Rican singer Luis Fonsi featured on Aguilera's "Si No Te Hubiera Conocido." "I was taken with his vocal ability, talent, and charm," she says. ‬
    Mi Reflejo peaked at No. 1 on both the Top Latin Albums and Latin Pop Albums charts. "It was a beautiful thing to experience success in different markets and have a diverse fan base that grew in appreciating who I am," Aguilera says. "I am very proud of my Latin Grammy [for Best Female Pop Vocal Album] in honor of that album. My message, as in all my music, stands for being fearless to explore who you are. It's never too late to open a new door. Although it's scary to dive into territory that isn't your first language, it still doesn't erase who I am and how I want to express myself in all aspects of what intrigues and inspires me."

As for that next Latin music album from Aguilera, she's ready to be more personal with it. "I am getting back to my roots and exploring who I am now as a grown woman who doesn’t have to cover my own English material in Spanish, but as a woman who can draw from my own personal experiences and express that with honesty," she says. "Having survived decades in this business, I am proud to tell the truth about what that means to me."
    https://www.billboard.com/articles/c...rk-2000-albums
    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Xtina has been doing a good job celebrating Bionic’s anniversary on social media! It’s very cleverly done.
      See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
      See Mariah Carey's Memoir thread

Comment

• Flawless

Comment

• I swear there must be totally first demo of Beautiful for what Christina sung. You can hear the drumkits in first seconds from her headphone and in "dont you bring me downnnnnnnn....UMMMMM....todayyyyyy".

Comment

• Very nice of Christina to post about femicides in Turkey.
            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Do we know what she’s up to? Any new album in the works? Always gutted that duet with Pink wasn’t released.
              Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                Do we know what she’s up to? Any new album in the works? Always gutted that duet with Pink wasn’t released.
                She still has the vAuLt AlBuM and the SpAnIsH aLbUm.
                Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post

She still has the vAuLt AlBuM and the SpAnIsH aLbUm.
                  I think this one is lost forever. That vault combination had been lost probably
                  I have received many gifts from God,
                  but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post

I think this one is lost forever. That vault combination had been lost probably
                    She probably forgot she said it to be honest, she well known to say things are gonna happen them nothing happens. I’m not expecting anything till 2022 sadly.

Comment

• The thing is that whatever it was it probably would feel like Liberation 2.0. I'd love that. But knowing how she mixes up things with every new release I'm afraid those songs will end up being overhauled and I just hope it's not something like Flopus.
                      I have received many gifts from God,
                      but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• She should release something like Bionic, that album will stand the test of time.
                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Stunning! This could be an album cover.

Comment

• She looks fantastic, happy and healthy!

Comment

• https://twitter.com/AdellinC/status/1293130805418561537

YES YES YES
                              Xtina/Snoh ​​Aalegra/Rihanna/Lauren Hill/Rosalνa/Nina Simone/Patti Smith

Comment

• ThaInfo1
                                ThaInfo1 commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Don't make me cry.

• I’d love to see her work with DJ Premier again, they made magic together.

Comment

• Her new photos look so hot! Can't wait for her new music!

Comment

• Tbh that whole poolside shoot should be the visuals for her next album. It looks SO GOOD. I'm ready for new xtine

Comment

Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world.
                                    Last edited by Ewokguy15; Fri August 14, 2020, 04:45.

Comment

• I never knew that "Don’t Make Me Love You" was included on the soundtrack of Madonna's "The Next Best Thing". Great song by the way.

Comment

• I rlly wonder what it sounds like new version of "Reflection". Hope it's out soon, so we can forget about Mulan songs/soundtrack, and hopefully she'll focus on new real music. Spanish album obvi is "confirmed" and rumored about almost 2 years, so she better release it this fall or she never even has to. I'm not rlly into her spanish material tbh.
                                        I guess we'll wait for at least 2 years more for new english album :( minimum 2 years and knowing Xtina next album wiill be out in 2025 :(
                                        BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                                        YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

• I just hope the Spanish album has some Spanglish songs so I can at least understand a little, better for streams too.

the Soundtrack is out Sept 4th I think, so 2 weeks and Reflection 2020 is out.

Comment

• Xtina's debut album was released 21 years ago today. I'm still salty about that 20th anniversary edition never seeing the light of the day.

Anyway So Emotional, When You Put Your Hands On Me & Don’t Make Me Love You are underrated teen pop gems.

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                                                I'm glad that she replied!

Comment

• Xtina/Snoh ​​Aalegra/Rihanna/Lauren Hill/Rosalνa/Nina Simone/Patti Smith

Comment

Working...
                                                  X