Christina Aguilera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post
    Mi Reflejo> Debut. She was awarded the New Best Artist for her immense talent, not for the quality of this album. Lets be honest.
    La Fuerza (studio album) has a chance to enter her top 3 if X releases a collab ft. Rosalia

In my opinion, Bionic is a very good album, but the era was just tragic. Commercial bomb, divorce, bad time for her. But in retrospect, I can say that Burlesque is a success (soundtrack and movie) and Bubbleionic is aging like wine (for me ofc - stream Elastic Love)
    As much as we love charts, we all know GP doesn't care for all this really to me Bionic is a good body of work but not fantastic. Mi Reflejo is definitely greater than debut. And as I said her 1999 grammy was a deserving win for her, but talent topic is very subjective. To me in pop realm talent is whole package from songs to videos to performing but in this case I feel Xtina's debut was well deserving just alone on quality seeing the age of Xtina as well it's no hidden fact that Xtina is a supreme vocalist but sometime I feel her soft touches has gone (not intentionally) I miss her sweet voice like debut era that's why Debut stands out a lot to me, I was actually playing it today as well it's an easy going record for me while album like Stripped isn't for every time you need to be in a certain mood. I miss those kinda work by Christina really if I am being honest.
    Christina being talented also is no hidden fact though, I have since 1999 appreciated Christina and her music but her music sometimes is a huge miss rather than a hit. But, this EP turning out very good I am spinning it a lot actually

Comment

• Originally posted by britneylinda View Post

As much as we love charts, we all know GP doesn't care for all this really to me Bionic is a good body of work but not fantastic. Mi Reflejo is definitely greater than debut. And as I said her 1999 grammy was a deserving win for her, but talent topic is very subjective. To me in pop realm talent is whole package from songs to videos to performing but in this case I feel Xtina's debut was well deserving just alone on quality seeing the age of Xtina as well it's no hidden fact that Xtina is a supreme vocalist but sometime I feel her soft touches has gone (not intentionally) I miss her sweet voice like debut era that's why Debut stands out a lot to me, I was actually playing it today as well it's an easy going record for me while album like Stripped isn't for every time you need to be in a certain mood. I miss those kinda work by Christina really if I am being honest.
      Christina being talented also is no hidden fact though, I have since 1999 appreciated Christina and her music but her music sometimes is a huge miss rather than a hit. But, this EP turning out very good I am spinning it a lot actually
      It's not strange that her voice has changed. After all, she is 42 years old, not 18 as in the debut time (I think she is in great vocal form right now).
      For me, her most important album will always be God To Basics. I will always say that. She has to work with DJ Premio again.

Btw, in show business, people must have balls. She has them and is therefore considered a mean bitch. That's why I love her. She doesn't give a shit. She never played a victim.

Comment

It's not strange that her voice has changed. After all, she is 42 years old, not 18 as in the debut time (I think she is in great vocal form right now).
        For me, her most important album will always be God To Basics. I will always say that. She has to work with DJ Premio again.

Btw, in show business, people must have balls. She has them and is therefore considered a mean bitch. That's why I love her. She doesn't give a shit. She never played a victim.
        Why does she need to play the victim though? Her work speaks for herself, of course as you said vocals do change overtime she still cannot be outsung by other girls she's a gifted vocalist definitely but as I said I do miss those soft touches but its fine as long as she is happy and enjoying her work as a fan I would enjoy it too. I don't know what she's considered in the industry I only speak for myself to me she never cared for commercial success much which is one thing I absolutely adore about her.

Comment

Why does she need to play the victim though? Her work speaks for herself, of course as you said vocals do change overtime she still cannot be outsung by other girls she's a gifted vocalist definitely but as I said I do miss those soft touches but its fine as long as she is happy and enjoying her work as a fan I would enjoy it too. I don't know what she's considered in the industry I only speak for myself to me she never cared for commercial success much which is one thing I absolutely adore about her.
          Because a lot of people in Hollywood like to play the victim. At the same time, they are dishonest in my opinion.

Agree

Comment

Because a lot of people in Hollywood like to play the victim. At the same time, they are dishonest in my opinion.

Agree
            Sure, people do like to play victim but a lot of em are actually victimized depends really how you wanna see it in the end we should definitely do some research if we are invested in a particular celebrity before opinionating anything really!
            On the other hand, Christina is a skilled artist but sometimes her work doesn't show that especially albums like Lotus a complete mess when as a longtime fan I know her caliber but then I think and wonder why any artist has to give perfect work always they are also allowed to make some mistakes. Living in present her EP is really a great start to quality and I don't even know Latin at all but I understand why she makes Spanish music so as a fan all I can do is appreciate.

Comment

Sure, people do like to play victim but a lot of em are actually victimized depends really how you wanna see it in the end we should definitely do some research if we are invested in a particular celebrity before opinionating anything really!
              On the other hand, Christina is a skilled artist but sometimes her work doesn't show that especially albums like Lotus a complete mess when as a longtime fan I know her caliber but then I think and wonder why any artist has to give perfect work always they are also allowed to make some mistakes. Living in present her EP is really a great start to quality and I don't even know Latin at all but I understand why she makes Spanish music so as a fan all I can do is appreciate.

Lotus is just a mixtape.

Liberation was her return. (when it comes to album promotions, she will never come back, let's not delude ourselves)

Generic dancepop OUT
              R&B, soul, triphop YES

Comment

Lotus is just a mixtape. 
                Liberation was her return. (when it comes to album promotions, she will never come back, let's not delude ourselves)

Generic dancepop OUT
                R&B, soul, triphop YES
                I really don't care about charts because I know she doesn't too so I don't waste my energy on thinking why she doesn't get those huge sales like she used to do promotion won't happen but I'm happy with good music and good visuals from her.

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post
                  She wasn’t an older act when she started doing it though. It was a lifetime between Stripped, B2B and Bionic.

Who else has ever described the sound of an upcoming album as ‘futuristic’, then spent so long messing around with it that it was massively dated upon release?

Bionic deserved better in almost every way, but especially from Xtina herself. Never mind. I still stan it, though it took me almost a decade and a brand new track order to come around to it
                  The last Era she really tried with promo wise would be Bionic and I think a lot of that comes down to the fact the world turned on her in an instant, I think it broke her not that she would ever admit to that, she's someone who always likes to be seen as strong, that album and the way she was treated changed her.

She did do a little international promo for Burlesque which was a success.

Lotus and Liberation had good first week local promo (nothing international)

Spanish 2 so far has followed the same promo schedule as the past two and had a great first week days before she goes straight back to playing Mario Kart with Summer and Max.

I think now and she's been like this for a long time, her status as a Legend is set and she doesn't feel like she needs to push herself when she would rather stay home and be Mama Bear as she puts it.

Comment

EP2 depression
                    EP3 healing
                    Billboard Cover Story COMING NEXT WEEK
                    NFT
                    New single dropping soon
                    Last edited by likeidogoldlink; Wed February 23, 2022, 23:35.

Comment

• The thing with Christina though is that by and large, she mostly took her career for granted. The idea of ‘Christina Aguilera’ was always bigger than the reality and in a lot of ways she was more famous for being a pop star than actually being a pop star.

She had huge eras to begin with but Stripped was only her second album. Back To Basics was great but it probably alienated a lot of fans and by the time she got around to releasing Bionic, it was eight years since Dirrty and Beautiful - the casuals had moved on and Not Myself Tonight was not good enough to win over a new generation of fans (nor tempt older ones back).

In comparison, you had acts like Britney and Pink (very different artists) constantly releasing music, building their fan bases and ultimately playing the game better.

I’ve always understood Christina’s reasons for the gaps between her albums, but I honestly think she’s always enjoyed the idea of being an artist more than being an artist.

As a fan it’s been tough watching music become nothing more than a hobby and to see her develop into a legacy act in her thirties, instead of fighting her way back to the top of her game. When you think about her potential it’s such a shame to see her waste it really.
                      Straight white men rule everything around me

Comment

• Sounds like everything is set for release and dated, we just have to wait for these dates to hear everything.

Nice to hear she is enjoying releasing Latin music again and she really doesn't care about sales, its refreshing to see as there are so many artists that just add other artists for extra streams and it adds nothing to the music.

The interview even went out of her way to praise her for adding Nathy and Nicki to Pa Mis Muchachas when they aren't that well known/on their way up, granted that is something Christina definitely known for.

Looking forward to seeing who she collaborated with on the second E.P, I'm guessing the C.Tangana song will be on it.

Comment

• Comment

• Not a ******* NFT….
                            Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Not NFT!

Comment

• What?
                                BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                                YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

• I wonder what she will do after her Spanish album..

After she has done lots of reality TV, some music (huge hits being collabs), and an occasional movie she reminds me a bit like an American version of Rita Ora, being so multi-faceted…

Rita has been a huge fan for sometime.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ritaora/s...82399672950784

Maybe she and Rita Ora can do a duet. I do no™t know who would be the feature and the lead, but it would be epic!

I want something fun and upbeat from them.

I think Christina, similar to Rita, likes to take her time between albums, so I am hoping for an eventual collab between someone close to her level, and thought of Rita for her huge hits, like Black Widow.

Who would you guys want to see her collab with?
                                  And also, who would you like to see Christina collab with?
                                  Last edited by mitchuzu@gmail.com; Tue March 1, 2022, 10:14.

Comment

• Ewokguy15
                                    Ewokguy15 commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Yikes… Rita Ora of all people… Rita Ora.

• I would actually like to see her doing collab with some new people now like Doja Cat

Comment

• Christina and JT should do a song together. I still think it’s criminal they released an EP together without a duet.

Comment

Christina and JT should do a song together. I still think it’s criminal they released an EP together without a duet.
                                      I think the same. Why didn't they record a song together in 2003?

SexyBack&Tell Me 2022 version
                                      Last edited by likeidogoldlink; Tue March 1, 2022, 13:48.

Comment

• Her voice is sooooo soft here

Comment

Christina and JT should do a song together. I still think it’s criminal they released an EP together without a duet.
                                          No, not here for that. It should've happen 15 years ago, not now.

But hey, Sam Smith and Xtina collab would be nice.
                                          BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                                          YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

• Sam Smith over JT?

Comment

• Nathy, Rosalia, Kali taste

Comment

• Comment

• SAOKO on this playlist? Yes mama

I hope there will be some experimental songs on the second EP as well.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X