Christina Aguilera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post

And you get 12 new songs by the end of the year.
    We don’t know that for certain…

Comment

• Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post

We don’t know that for certain…
      As for the Spanish Era, which thing confirmed by Xtina has not been realized?

Start complaining in December if we get nothing.

Comment

The pessimists are in this fandom...

If someone had told you exactly a year ago that we would get 4 music videos between October and May, would you believe it? We all know she's the most proud of Stripped, so I wouldn't be so negative about it.
        We are a product of what she created. She is a part time pop star, what does she expect us to think? She can’t even be bothered to sing her own songs properly nowadays - it’s just radio edits, medleys and nothing but random adlibs.

I mean even when she made her own music video for Telepathy it was only half a video, and right now we only have half a Spanish album and frankly, it feels like overall, we only have half the amount of albums we should have if she had put the work in.

She talks a good game but that is all this is to her - a game.
        Straight white men rule everything around me

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post

We are a product of what she created. She is a part time pop star, what does she expect us to think? She can’t even be bothered to sing her own songs properly nowadays - it’s just radio edits, medleys and nothing but random adlibs.

I mean even when she made her own music video for Telepathy it was only half a video, and right now we only have half a Spanish album and frankly, it feels like overall, we only have half the amount of albums we should have if she had put the work in.

She talks a good game but that is all this is to her - a game.
          A product of what she created... what?

Exactly, out of her 20 performance, you chose 1 where she didn't sing the entire song.

I don't even want to comment on the Telepathy example (it wasn't even a single and they made that 1 minute music video just because it was # 1 on Dance chart) It's 2022, not 2016. 2022, in which she has already released 2 full music videos.

Comment

• Nothing I have said is inaccurate. I have always loved Christina but basically one album and one EP across the last ten years is poor by any standard.

Comment

• I don’t agree with her not singing as her voice is top notch but the lack of output over the past decade is inexcusable.

She’s been back in the Latin field for 7 months and we have 6 songs and has been silent since Early Feb minus one insta post about La Reina’s video.

I listen to a lot of Latin music and she’s just doing it all wrong in compared to every other artist releasing music.

Comment

I listen to a lot of Latin music and she’s just doing it all wrong in compared to every other artist releasing music.
                She’s like that in every market

Comment

She’s like that in every market
                  Can’t disagree there

Comment

• Well, well, well

Comment

• I loved Tell Me. Not as good as TYHB but it was pretty good considering her retro vibes at the time.

Comment

• She looked so bomb in the Tell Me video.

It's a tune, too. Wish the rapper was better.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThaInfo1 View Post
                          She looked so bomb in the Tell Me video.

It's a tune, too. Wish the rapper was better.
                          There used to be a fan made Christina only version which was pretty good.

Comment

• Burlesque is back on Netflix.

Comment

• I wish she’d revisit the whole retro sound vibe. Honestly, it was Christina at her best sonically - it suited her so well. I know some of you will hate this but for a quick and easy win, a short covers album/EP would be very welcome from that time.

The Back To Basics Tour was amazing too. It’s crazy she went from that to struggling to sell tickets for Bionic. I have some amazing memories from seeing that show, from almost being arrested, blagging my way into the on-stage pit, making Christina laugh and almost getting to go up on stage.

Comment

• I guess everyone in this fandom wants her to record a retro (Nina Simone, Etta James, Billie Holiday etc.) cover album someday.

But you know she canceled the Bionic tour before the official ticket sales start, don't you? We can leave this myth with the lack of demand in 2010.

Comment

• Bionic Tour tickets were sold and the tour cancelled after the general on sale date. They even did a pre-sale and a bundle which if you bought tickets you got to download Bionic a day early.

It was always madness to announce a tour in May that started in July but if it had sold they would have taken place. The cancellation excuse never made any sense considering the movie had already been shot when the Bionic tour was announced.

NYT Article:

Christina Aguilera has put off her summer tour until next year, citing her busy schedule in preparing her new album and film.

“Christina Aguilera’s summer tour has been moved to 2011 due to prior commitments that the singer had made to her film, ‘Burlesque,’ and to the promotion of her new album, ‘Bionic,’ ” Live Nation, the tour’s promoter, announced in a statement. “The singer felt she needed more time to rehearse the show and with less than a month between the album release and tour date this wasn’t possible.”

“Bionic” will be released by RCA on June 8, and “Burlesque,” a musical starring Ms. Aguilera and Cher, is scheduled to come out in November.

Her 20-date tour was scheduled to begin in July, coming to Nikon at Jones Beach Theater in Wantagh, N.Y., on July 28, and the PNC Bank Arts Center in Holmdel, N.J., on July 30. Refunds are available where tickets were purchased, Live Nation announced.

Comment

• the middle of 2010 really was a tough time

Comment

• On May 10, she announced a tour and canceled it two weeks later. Two months until the tour and you think she wouldn't sell those tickets? I think it wasn't because of Burlesque that she canceled it, but because of marriage problems. But these were her private problems and I will not debate it.

Comment

• Yes, it was cancelled two weeks later but tickets had already gone on sale. Why would Live Nation issue a statement offering refunds if tickets hadn’t been sold? I mean come on

Comment

the middle of 2010 really was a tough time
                                          Everything after the Back To Basics era was a tough time time to be a Christina fan

Comment

• Maybe I would admit that she canceled the tour due to lack of demand if she canceled the tour 2 days before the start, but not 2 months. Was she supposed to sell 100 percent of the tickets in a week? After all, it was said that in 2010 she was already a commercial bomb.

Comment

Everything after the Back To Basics era was a tough time time to be a Christina fan
                                              Maybe for you, but not all are fans of success.

Comment

Maybe for you, but not all are fans of success.

Can’t be fans of her music either, based on the small number of songs she’s released since 2007.

Comment

• Cool, around 100 songs is a small amount.

(minus 20 songs, because Flopus was and is a disgrace in her discography)

Comment

• Sadly it’s not easy to be a fan of Xtina.

I agree everything after B2B was a hard time for her fans and for herself.

KGB greatest hits was messy.

We had rough time with Bionic and all the negativy around album and herself. It must be the hardest time for Xtina in her life. Lack of success, any kind of positivity and hard times in her personal life especially.

I remember Xtina after giving birth. She rarely got outside of her house, and when she did she looked very distant, very empty, not present and very sad and depressed.

We enjoyed Bionic although.

We also enjoyed Burlesque ost and it was well received, although it was hard for me to see her not wanting to promote the movie and ost, you could see she didn’t want to be there.

Then we had Xtina as judge on The Voice which was huge success. Still there was a lot of negativity towards her looks, outfits and attitude.

Then came nightmare called Lotus.
                                                    I was convinced it could be her best album. She had great perspective for doing the best album in her career, so many stories to be told. She got divorced, she became single parent, she was coming from rlly hard period of her life, national anthem, arrest, all the labels that she’s fat, her outfit choices… and we got shouty dated songs and production. Also she never performed Your Body live! That was a crime.

All of a sudden X lost a lot of weight and she had a hit song with Say Something and positive reactions towards her came slowly back, and then she got pregnant.

Then we’ve waited for new music for soooo loooooong. Too long.

Liberation was announced and Accelerate was released and it killed all the anticipation and any chance for doing good on charts.

Her look was again one of the subjects cuz she did her lipa enormous and she had some other fillers or botox also.

The album was fine, was it worth of 6 years waiting?
                                                    Hell no, but it was decent album. Again, there was lack of promotion and her best songs on album never came to audience and to life.

The positive thing around this Liberation tour was tour, then The Xperience in Vegas and finally The X Tour she did in Europe.

She connected again with audience and fans and got great reviews.

After that she announced some music in vault that never happened.

Announcing spanish era that much earlier before releasing was such a wrong move.

Finally we got La Fuerza. Great EP and 4 music videos.
                                                    Wow, but again she ignored any kind of promotion.
                                                    Why is she doing that, I don’t know.

I appriciate her so much as person cuz she’s very private, loves being home, loves being with her close ppl and family. She has all the money in the world but I don’t see her as superficial, she doesn’t even like to travel much.
                                                    I guess she struggled in before with some sort of anxiety and depression and that was she reason for closing her walls around her and staying at home.

Also she stopped with lip fillers, hopefully forever!

Let’s hope for great times w Xtina in future, great music and less pauses in between.

EP2 come to us this month, please!
                                                    BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                                                    YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

Working...
                                                    X